Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GF9Returns

How does Arc System handle small characters?

I'm not talking about the ones that are 4'11, I mean the ones below that. Do they just create more hitboxes around the small sprites? Did ArcSys do something like in their games before? I'm not too familiar with their games aside from BB, GG and a couple of DBZ games they made.

I'd assume most of you know one of the reasons why I'm asking this, riiiight? :v:

I'm all for this thread. So... is it okay to talk about characters and all that stuff here, and it is only kinda permitted on discussion threads about other topics, or is there a permission on all of Dustloop? Trial and error, I guess.

Now, I too, am totally unfamiliar with anything they have developed except for BB, GG and P4A, but I guess Teddie from P4A counts as a fairly small character, right?

And they handled the problem like it isn't even a problem. He is just smaller than everybody else and messes up some combos. I don't know if they made his hitboxes bigger than he looks, nor do I know if Teddie has the same size as you-know-who.

Other characters like Carl, Rachel, Platinum, May, Kliff all have the famous "hitbox-cheats".