Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Galaxy

Clean Hit Properties

Hello fellow Sol-ist! I am a long time GG player and a first time forumer. My main playstyle has always just been the traditional, raw fighting tactic. I realized that GG is special and should be treated as such. Seeing the inspirations of others I want to adapt to play Sol more effectively, as well as GG. So my main questions is what are Clean Hits? Which of his moves can do them? Also what properties do each produce as compared to a Non-Clean Hits?

a clean hit just means you hit the right part of the person, like you go in with a big punch, tapping their arm wont do much, but a heart shot would be a "clean hit"...something to that effect the actual area for clean hits varies from character to character (as in some characters clean hit target is lower/higher/deeper/shallower/bigger/smaller) but generally the goal is to hit them as deep as possible somewhere in the upper chest area. I'm not certain about this next bit, but i also believe the clean hit target area shrinks little by little as a combo progresses, ie, the longer the combo, the harder it is to clean hit the moves that can clean hit grand viper: this is the move where he slides across the ground, if you start a combo with this move and the opponent is on the ground, you have to wiggle the stick and push buttons to extend the length of grand viper, if you were successful in doing this enough, your grand viper will hit 8 times and the last hit will be a clean hit (if you hit them out of the air or tack grand viper as 2nd or later hit of the combo then the # of hits you need to get for a clean hit changes) on clean hit grand viper increases the untechable time after the last hit of the move, and allows you to to continue the combo for no tension. sidewinder: his air fire punch on clean hit the opponent will bounce off the wall and fly back at you, if you're low enough to the ground when you do this you can generally continue the combo. Doing multiple clean hit sidewinders is the bread and butter of choice for sol fafnir: the ground forcebreak you can't clean hit a fafnir on a grounded opponent (to my knowledge...this works for sidewinder too) but if you catch them off the ground with it and it clean hits, it basically works the same way as sidewinder clean hit and causes wall-bounce and allows you to continue the combo. all of these moves on non clean hit just knock the enemy away and generally don't allow for follow-ups without roman cancels

I've also seen that the damage output of Sidewinder increases if there are more clean hits in the combo. IE the formula is 35+25(n) where n is the number of clean hits in the combo. (I think those are the numbers, but I'm not 100% sure) Don't know how useful it is due to proration, but maybe it's worth keeping in mind.

http://www.dustloop.com/ggac/data/dast.html

just read most of this, too: http://www.dustloop.com/ggac/

Sidewinder has 70% forced prorate, which basically means that it'll always prorate the damage from the combo following it by 70%. however, due to the way that clean hit damage stacks (35 base damage+25*n (n=number of clean hits)), Sidewinder loops end up being the most damage you can get.

an average sidewinder loop will do pretty satisfying damage at 3 rotations. Fafnir clean hit can be a good combo starter on characters like MA, BA, and ZA if you Wild Throw and, as they fall, time the FB to hit their perspective clean hit box.