Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LeDelmo

Will there be a BlazBlue Central Fiction collectors edition for US?

Hello, new to the forum. Not sure if there is a introductory thread or not.

Anyways, like the question asks. Will there be a CE for the US release of BBCF?

I really felt like they botched the GG Revelator release. I thought it was getting a June 7th release but was than told it was JUST for the digital release.

Than June 7th came and went and hear I come to find out it DID release on the 7th. Even though it had a different release date at my local store,

But my main complaint is that there wasn't a day one edition, limited edition or a collectors edition available for the US,

Now, I am in no way a pro at these games. I am just an advantage player at them and cant expect anything more.

So I just don't feel compelled to need to buy these on day one unless there is something I want offered with it.

I mean it would be nice to get some sort of incentive for buying a game on day one. Other than the usual "DLC" hogwash.

So anyone know if any plans to release BBCF with a CE?

Its killing me not being able to play Revelator right now. But I simply cant justify the cost right now.

"When I know the exact same day one game will cost $25 in 3 months..."

Again, glad to be apart of the community. I may not be very good at these games but I love them none the less.

Well, on one thing, technically, the date for Revelator's English release was for both retail and digital on the same day, though I think you got confused at the situation. But in all honesty, if you preordered it from Gamestop back then, they had a slight delay where you had to wait on Friday the same week, and that was rough, Amazon on the other hand, had peoples copies of Revelator delivered on time, so yeah, logistics issue. But oh well...

Anyways, to keep on point, we have no clue or idea yet if Aksys will announce an LE for CF, I doubt it could happen, I mean, we got the LE for CP though. But yeah, Revelator's release stateside didn't have an LE or anything else, of course, they did mention in return for a non-LE version, they were supposed to announce something special for NA/US buyers of Revelator, but that has yet to be mentioned, even after the game has been released. I woudn't say they forgot, but this is unlike Aksys to forget something like this. >.> (Even though there's importing either the JP or EU LE's though the contents will be different in both of those.)

In short, I guess it a big "wait and see" situation if we'll get it or not, besides, the Noel 2.0 nendoroid looks nice! :kitty:

Thanks, Really hoping they do a LE or something for day one adopters.

I am not one to think offering "Exclusive" DLC is a fair trade for fans who do day one purchases or pre-orders.

Nor do I think pre-ordering is all that great to begin with but it is nice when companies do offer these LE and CE for fans who do opt for a day one purchase.

I do feel like it does offer us a little something extra for backing the game.

If anyone hears anything please let me know.

And thanks in advance.

P.S. Waiting to buy Relevator is killing me....

I dunno;  BlazBlue is a fairly consistent series, and I don't think many people who preorder are unclear on what they're getting.  Usually I consider game preorders to be a stupid idea, because the game could turn out to be s**t, but BB is so iterative that there really isn't much room for that.  So I don't think it needs serious preorder bonuses.  In fact, I'd rather see the resources that could go to creating a "preorder bonus" given out to everyone as a "first print" bonus at the very least.

Note: This is different from creating some sort of limited "collector's edition" with toys and artbooks and stuff, because those always involve a price increase - if people want to buy these, that's fine, and it's probably a good idea for companies to make them if they think they can sell them at a good profit.  This is serving a different demand than "preorder" bonuses.

12 hours ago, LeDelmo said:

Thanks, Really hoping they do a LE or something for day one adopters.

I am not one to think offering "Exclusive" DLC is a fair trade for fans who do day one purchases or pre-orders.

Nor do I think pre-ordering is all that great to begin with but it is nice when companies do offer these LE and CE for fans who do opt for a day one purchase.

I do feel like it does offer us a little something extra for backing the game.

If anyone hears anything please let me know.

And thanks in advance.

P.S. Waiting to buy Relevator is killing me....

In Japan's case, that little something will be the additional character "Es". Whether or not NA/EU will follow suit we don't know for certain.

^Usually these days, Aksys announces and usually does limited time DL offers (over at the US/NA PS Store, of course), instead of DL codes ala CP physically. Both Xrd games did this. Chances are the same will be for ES, as an early unlock (possibly, and hopefully,), but I guess we'll wait and see if that does indeed happen.

19 hours ago, Airk said:

I dunno;  BlazBlue is a fairly consistent series, and I don't think many people who preorder are unclear on what they're getting.  Usually I consider game preorders to be a stupid idea, because the game could turn out to be s**t, but BB is so iterative that there really isn't much room for that.  So I don't think it needs serious preorder bonuses.  In fact, I'd rather see the resources that could go to creating a "preorder bonus" given out to everyone as a "first print" bonus at the very least.

Note: This is different from creating some sort of limited "collector's edition" with toys and artbooks and stuff, because those always involve a price increase - if people want to buy these, that's fine, and it's probably a good idea for companies to make them if they think they can sell them at a good profit.  This is serving a different demand than "preorder" bonuses.

Uncertainty surrounding the english dub is preventing me from preordering

2 hours ago, Finuve said:

Uncertainty surrounding the english dub is preventing me from preordering

What uncertainty?

There's going to be one. Anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy.

If you're coming down to "But what if they use voice actors I don't like" then whatever.

On 2016-07-15 at 8:02 AM, Airk said:

What uncertainty?

There's going to be one. Anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy.

If you're coming down to "But what if they use voice actors I don't like" then whatever.

Oh really?

Well, TC, looks like you got your wish, lol! :kitty: (And yes, the Es DLC is free for 2 weeks on the US PS Store.)

28544575863_fa2c17422f_b.jpg

On 8/24/2016 at 0:53 PM, NeoStrayCat said:

Well, TC, looks like you got your wish, lol! :kitty: (And yes, the Es DLC is free for 2 weeks on the US PS Store.)

28544575863_fa2c17422f_b.jpg

I just saw. I am glad this is getting one. Now I can order without having to wait, Like Revelator.

The mini figures seem to be like a nice throw in and I always enjoy my Soundtracks. Hope the Art book is nice.

Still trying to wrap my head around some of the new chars. Really love the inclusion of Izanami, Es, Nine, and this most recent one Mai. "Anyone know if this is going to be a Paid DLC char?" : (

But, I'm not crazy about this Naoto guy and Hibiki. They just seem so bland...

I wonder if this will finally finish the Saga for BlazBlue. I never played the CP Extend so I dont know what they did in it for story but it seems like it was getting to the conclusion in CP.

Lastly, Were you guys ordering your copy from?

Mai will most likely be paid DLC based off patterns found in previous iterations of the game, but we won't know for certain until as early as Tokyo Game Show.

I'll be really frank. I'm more than surprised that we are getting a LE considering we will have to fight for english dub. I just feel like we are so low on their totem pole that they are starting to short change us. 

That said, I'm glad. Despite the dub problem, which I will fight for irregardless, I'll pick this up for all the goodies.

13 hours ago, Monarch said:

Mai will most likely be paid DLC based off patterns found in previous iterations of the game, but we won't know for certain until as early as Tokyo Game Show.

The Famitsu article announcing the addition of Mai to the roster said she'll be a paid DLC character.

Well, for one thing TC, at the local GS where I usually go (also getting the LE), second, it wouldn't hurt if Aksys decides to be generous again like with for Xrd - Revelator and have all the DLC characters free for a limited time like they did with Raven/Haehyun/Dizzy. Though I would be surprised if its different for BlazBlue however.

Also, we're not sure if it'll finish the saga, though sources say its Ragna's arc, and not the entire series as a whole, but I guess we'll find out.