Sign in to follow this  
stunedge

BLAZBLUE Continuum Shift : Changes

You should list this:

D moves have more start-up and more block stun (not sure if it's compared to previous loc test or previous game)

C moves are slower, less damage.

2C is about ragna's 6a (in damage potential I think), start-up is 70% (I don't get this, so is it faster or slower by 30%?)

Gravity field didn't change. Gravity gauge added. takes 300F to charge to full.

Sickle still good damage and offensive tool

No backwards pulsr.

air overhead has more untechability than lec test 1

???

under lambda.

I thought that you were talking about tsubaki there. :psyduck:

Also, is JD comment about tsubaki or lamby?

If stunedge doesn't want to compile the data (thus editing his previous posts), I'll just merge this thread with the old one, update the thread title, and just edit your old posts to compile the new data. Sound good?

Sorry for the late update,

I thought it will be just simpler to do after second loketest to prevent confusion

since theres too many changes added & deleted after 1st loketest (and also some info posted previously aren't even confirmed

Hazama: Regarding D- It seems you have options after hit/block d moves as well. Not sure because it's hard to get the reference the guy was using. I don't recognize them. 3C- looks like Jin's sweep. Can go into arial combo, cancel into the launcher and seems like a basic combo. Forward throw- hits opponent far away, seems to be able to hit with command throw (huh?) but nothing after. No combo yet known. backwards throw- hits opponent away backwards. Still need testing. 裂閃牙- overhead, ambiguous(?). Crouch hit can link into 2a 牙昇脚- AA. opponent float on hit. Not sure if combo is possible afterwards. 残影牙- for comboing purposes. Not sure if it's a low or not 飛鎌突- dive, ground bounce on hit, decent recovery time, can combo after a low air (tk possibly) attack. May also be usable as an tk overhead. 牙砕衝- command throw, advantage after hit is small. may only be linkable to 2a 蛇翼崩天刃- disappears for a second and then do johnny's 6k (I think, can't remember for which move he says ザ・ドリルデンジャー). Does not auto warp-in on target. can regular guard in the air. After hit cannot tech till landing. 1 other thing that I can't make out. 蛟竜烈華斬- Can be guarded. Start-up slow, active frame low, damage low. Not sure what it's for. basic combo- 2A>5B>3C>蛇刹>残影牙>5C>2C>蛇咬 蛇刹>裂閃牙>2A>5B>3C>蛇刹>残影牙>5C>2C>蛇咬 2A>5B>3C>蛇刹>残影牙>5C>2C>蛇咬>空中ダッシュJ2C?>5C>2C>蛇咬, not confirmed because the guy didn't do this combo, he saw someone else do it. hakumen: Someone mentioned hop cancel gurren (lolwut?) Carl: can hop cancel like hakumen (huh!?)

Bang: Furinkazan takes 100% meter. B nail has forward momentum like A nail. 3c not jump cancellable. 3 reps of 2b > 623b is possible (maybe). 6c combo has slightly reduced damage. jc- looks like 6c j2c- old jc Tager: Too lazy to post combos, but it seems tager has basic gatlings now. a buster/b buster, 2700/3600 dmg. 4d counter wall bounces. Good start-up and block stun, can probably be used on wake-up. a sledge loop only goes 2 loops now. 5c is now neutral on block (maybe). overall it seems tager's damage also got nerfed. spark bolt combo is 2800. Jin: 2a slower (by 1F probably). 5c is faster but has less range and block stun. jc is about as fast tao's jc. block stun is similar to current jb. range is 1.3X tao jc. Consensus is a very good move. j2c(current jc) is 2-3F slower, no big issue. 5D is slower. System: bursting cuts your remaining primer down to half.

More stuff about Hazama: His step can be canceled with barrier and various moves, but his jump isn't that great (short and slow). As a result, he moves kind of slow, and you need to use his Drive to move quickly. He's sort of like Johnny, with skills that are mostly short range. Since his weapons are short, you have to be within hand-to-hand range for most of his moves, which is realistic. His Drives are are reminiscent of Lei-Lei (Hsien Ko) from the Vampire (Darkstalker) series. He seems to have a lot of unpolished elements, so he'll probably be better in later loke tests.

It's worth noting that the damage dealt by both 360s hasn't changed from Calamity Trigger, so rather than an overall damage nerf, maybe Spark Bolt just has higher combo proration now? And if you ever get the chance, could you possibly post one of Tager's combos, just so we can get a sense of what we're working with?

Tsubaki: Install super has no recovery (ie can be used as reversal). Several new combos are posted but they don't really say anything to people that haven't seen the game in action so I'm not going to bother. There are several other things floating around too but no one is confirming anything.

Thanks for all your work on this, royko! We've been very curious on the Jin boards, can you please describe how Jin's j.236D and 236C work now? (Specifically the angles the projectiles are sent at.)

Ragna: 2c goes into 6c. More for comboing purpose than anything as far as I can tell. Rachel: New super (uses one wind to activate along with 50% meter)- 1 wind at start results inrelease of 5 koumori (bats). 2 winds result in 4 koumori + 1 bull 3 winds result in 2 koumori + 2 bulls + 1 pumpkin 4 winds result in 2 bulls + 2 pumpkins + king george. I'm intrigued.

First, let me apologize for making 3 post at once even though I was told not to. Trying to make sure people realize new info came in. I will try to avoid this. My apologies. Jin: Specials- A fireball- everything has less frames (I'm not sure if he means less start-up, block stun, recovery, etc) b fireball- faster? C fireball- a and b fireball at the same time.not safe to use for close range. Block stun is longer than b fireball. d fireball- first hit guard crush. start-up slightly slower. Someone did d fireball > a dp > a dp apparently. air fireballs- didn't change air d fireball- start-up slightly slower. more landing recovery (5-6F) a dp- scales much more (a dp > wave super doesn't do 3k). Guard crush. Used for same purpose as right now b dp- Other than adding guard crush nothing else is different (not sure if it's comparing to loc test 1 or current game) c dp- guard crush. more recovery. d dp- guard crush. scales more. A musou- didn't change b musou- ground hit result in disadvantage c musou- about the height of ragna's 5b. Will down opponent. half distance (in the air only?) d musou- guard crush, no other change. C mash- no change wave super- start-up slower by 3-4F arrow super- no change yukikaze- different motion than hakumen (214 214 instead of 236 236, as stated before). Doesn't seem to be comboable afterwards.

More Hazama analysis. I'm not entirely sure on a bit of the terminology being used, so bear with me.

Drive: To put it simply, it's like the rope physics from the game Umihara Kawase [in Umihara Kawase, you control a character that can throw a fishing line which will hook onto surfaces, and can be used to hang and swing]. After using D, you can use the lever to move relatively freely. It's reminiscent of Gan [from Yatterman] using his grappling hook to escape. By the way, the D skill is launched from your current location, and ignores inertia when you let out the attack, so it can be used like a cancel move. Might be good to use if you want to stop moving...

[Note: On the ground, when you launch the Drive and pull yourself to its location / reel yourself in, the movement is a ducking step, like Slayer's Dandy Step. This is apparantly being referred to as a "Step" by the Japanese players.]

3C: Like Jin's sweep. You can do it from a cancel, it's a bit cheap, and can even go into an aerial.

Forward throw: Grabs the opponent and kicks them far away. You can use Gasaishou [236C command throw] to grab them right after the kick and then cancel it right after the input during the grab animation.

Back throw: Swings the opponent behind him and kicks them to swap sides. You might be able to cancel it with the right timing.

Ressenga [214D->A]: Slightly overhead, can combo into 2A on crouching hit.

Gashoukyaku [214D->B]: Anti-air. Launches the enemy when you hit them. You can pursue afterwards but they might fall a bit behind Hazama.

Zaneiga [214D->C]: Used to set up a combo. Hits low?

Hirentotsu [J214B]: Like a drop kick. Bounces on hit. Decent recovery, might be able to combo in the corner if you hit them low enough. Might work as an overhead...

Gasaishou [236C]: Command throw with short range. Barely sticks after you get it in. Advantage afterwards is short, too. Might only be able to link with 2A.

Jayoku Houtenjin [236236B]: Disappears for a moment and then launches Johnny's "The Drill Danger!" [6K]. It doesn't warp or lock-on to the enemy. Possible to air guard. When it connects, knocks them off screen. After hit, you can't air tech. Has a decent range and gives a lot of space. Might be able to reach them with a Step?

Mizuchi Rekkazan [632146C]: Can be guarded. Slow start-up, few active frames, low damage (about 2800) - three criteria that make it a roman move [move you only use in emergencies or to show off because it sucks]. Doubt you'll ever land it without help from your opponent.

After JA, JB, JC, there's another jump attack you can use again... maybe J2C?

Might be able to use it as a crossover.

Basic combos for the time being:

2A > 5B > 3C > Jasetsu [214D] > Zaneiga [C] > 5C > 2C > Jakou [623D]

Jasetsu [214D] > Ressenga [A] > 2A > 5B > 3C > Jasetsu [214D] > Zaneiga [C] > 5C > 2C > Jakou [623D]

Or end with whatever.

There was someone else doing something like:

2A > 5B > 3C > Jasetsu [214D] > Zaneiga [C] > 5C > 2C > Jakou [623D] > Air Dash J2C? > 5C > 2C > Jakou [623D]

[Edit 1: Continuing...]

Might be repeating some stuff from earlier.

Character properties:

Steps and various moves can be guard canceled, but not jump canceled.

Directional jumping is a bit slow, air dash is short and slow, too.

This means his movement is a bit slow. He's a character that'll needs to use his D moves to get around quickly.

Though he's being compared to Johnny, most of his basic attacks have a short range. Since his weapons are short, it makes sense that most of his moves, except for a few, need you to be in about hand-to-hand range.

D moves resemble Lei-Lei from Vampire [Hsien Ko from Darkstalkers]. It's interesting, could have an unknown number of uses.

For the time being, he's got a lot of stuff that seems unpolished, so I'm expecting another loke test in the future.

Basic moves:

Including supplemental data.

A... Normal, can hit a crouching Rachel.

B... A knee that looks like Nu's standing B. Links to A and 2A with no problem.

C... Cross-slash from the Famitsu screens. You can combo into A and 2A early, and you can JC even if it gets blocked.

2A... Hits in the middle and comes out fast. Feels like 5 or 6 frames. 5 frames to guard. [?]

2B... Technique like Ragna's 2B. Whole motion takes long, and long recovery if you miss, too.

2C... Anti-air that hits at about an 80 degree angle. Can link with A and 2A and JC on guard.

6A... Slow middle, can't cancel, will probably be changed.

6B... Slow, hits really low, will probably get changed.

6C... Stagger/knockdown on counter? Does a short jump and knife throw. Good counter attack?

3C... Low attack that cuts their feet, can link to standing B and C and other attacks. Longest reach of his basic attacks? With it's long reach, it'll be good for hooking together combos.

JA... Feels like Ragna's JA.

JB... Diagonal kick with a long reach.

JC... Switches on a flurry of slashes for a bit, hits more when you mash the button. Rather short range.

J2C... Slashes below. Short reach. Feels like a weaker version of Zantetsu's JC from The Last Blade.

*Can you follow up with a basic J attack when you JC? I didn't examine in great detail because it'll probably be changed anyway.

Special Moves:

Jabaki [236D]... Causes a stagger when countering, okay to guard it.

Jasetsu [214D]

-> Ressenga [A]... Jumps a bit and hits in the middle, can follow up with 2A if they're crouching, about 5 frames for guard, does a small bounce when you hit them in the air, not sure if you can pick it up from there.

-> Gashoukyaku ... Probably no invincibility (upper body, anyway), might be strong, not possible to follow it up after normal hit, on counter it knocks down [?].

-> Zaneiga [C]... Hits low, it floats, and can be followed up. Connecting to 3C is a basic combo.

-> Cancel Stance [D]... Miss cancel with some recovery time.

Hirentotsu [J214B]... Doesn't seem to be an overhead. Knocks down when it connects in the air, can't follow it up because of the recovery on landing. Can use it to change movement.

Gasaishou [236C]... Command throw, standing B will connect afterwards.

Jakou [623D]... Launches Ouroborus at a diaganol, unblockable (might be able to barrier). Might be able to pick them up after forcing them down.

Jayoku Houtenjin [236236B]... Correction, you can combo while they're going down. Kick like Slayer's Big Bang Upper. Can't air tech after hit. Might have invincibility before the attack is launched? Good counter attack to use after guarding.

Mizuchi Rekkazan [632146C]... Not much use for it? Might be able to use it to guard a throw?

Drive uses:

Basic properties...

#1. Extending the chain does two hits. You might not get the second hit depending on the character or their positioning.

#2. Only after the second hit, you have a short while to pull yourself up to it from ground to air. Uses for combos need to be confirmed.

#3. Need to find out if you still have time to pull yourself up to it after it's countered.

#4. Of course, there's no second hit if you stop it before the second hit.

#5. The guage isn't consumed by launching it. The consumption comes from the other part.

#6. Guage doesn't recover in the air. Recovers only on the ground. The recovery is a set period of time and returns to 2, the time is about the length of dashing a screen width.

Properties of the additional inputs...

Except for A, they're high-speed and leave afterimages. During the afterimages you can't guard or double jump, it only accepts techniques.

The guage is consumed after the added input, except for when using A.

+A... Stops the chain mid-way, ends the recovery sooner, but the recovery is still long.

+B... Rises at about a 70 degree angle toward the axis point. Swoops down at a 70-80 degree angle. Techniques can be used during the descent.

+C... Rises at about a 30 degree angle toward the axis point, drops straight down. Techniques can be used during the descent.

+D... Move at high speed directly to the axis point.

It's easiest to input B to chase airborne opponents and D to chase opponents on the ground.

Detailed points will have to wait until a chance for formal testing.

Differences between air and ground...

In the air, the Drive can be directed in four directions, 9, 6, 3, or 2. Haven't been able to determine if you can follow up air attacks with the drive (such as JB > JD).

On the ground, it can be directed in three directions, 8, 9, or 6. Unlike in the air, it can be linked, such as C > D.

3 and 9 are almost the same angle as Nu's drive attacks. The effects are the same both on ground and in air on hit, except on the second hit, it lasts longer in the air.

Not sure if you can do D again in the air after recovery if it misses. I'll have to find out.

[Edit 2: Continuing]

Main techniques:

For Anti-Air... 2C (reactive), 623D (drop it if they're far off), 6D > A (put them in their place?)

If you're struggling... 2A (fastest?), 2C (strongest)

If you're overpowering... Jasetsu A and Command Throw

Getting around easy... HJ above the enemy and use J2D, or J3D to keep them in check from far away, follow up with D to close in fast and lay waste to them.

Combo parts:

Currently available...

~Ground combo openers for Hazama~

#1. Hit them on the ground with JD, 2 hits or counter > +D > land > 2A~

#2. Jasetsu +A > 2A > B~

#3. Gasaishou > 2A~

~Basic parts to link from 2A > B or C or 2C > 3C~

%1. 3C > Jasetsu +C > Dash C > 2C > Jakou > start again

%2. 3C > Jasetsu +D > Dash 2B > 2C > Jakou > start again

%3. 3C > Jayoku Houtenjin > Dash C > Jakou (might be able to link, need to check)

Basically start from 3C and get to Jakou.

Don't need any guage for Jasetsu +C.

Jakou is a bit better but an aerial would be acceptible.

~Parts to start up again with after Jakou~

&1. Dash ( > Jasetsu +C) > C > 2C > Jakou

&2. J3D 2 hits > +D > Land behind, 2C > Jakou (doesn't work on all characters)

&3. Low J2C > Land, 2C > Jakou

Or instead of Jakou, pick something else as a final attack.

Since Jakou doesn't come out too fast, you might need to use 2C before Jakou to connect.

&1. Omit Jasetsu +C as needed to get the right distance.

&2. The second hit with the D attack doesn't work on all characters.

&3. Has various uses such as adjusting and compensating.

Basically, 3C is risk free to use so long as they don't go down, so you can pick it up to increase damage using the super. [?]

About 3000 damage without using any guage. [?]

Might be a way to work in some throws, but haven't looked into it.

Aerials aren't neccesary at this time, but you might be able to link them. Might be able to expand into aerials if the second hit of J2D is good?

Might be able to work in Hirentotsu with a Jakou combo... [?]

$1. D (any direction) > +D > Hirentotsu, land

...Lands after Hirentotsu because there's nothing else you can do after +D.

$2. Step > Barrier Cancel > Jump

...Should be able to jump right after Barrier Canceling the Step, but there's no dash inertia in the jump.

$3. No techniques for Guard Primer

...It'll be adjusted, y'know...

[And it closes on some speculation regarding different added input for D attacks maybe being useful, since going in straight with +D could be suicidal, but the others are harder to control. ...]

Done for now. Enough wracking my brain to translate so much stuff about a character I haven't even seen in action. :vbang:

NOTE: i cannot confirm if these are real combos obviously...

i cant find a "good" name for his new move, so im calling it jet finger (phonetically its gadgets... but my jp is weak).

tager

combos

a b 4d a sledge followup

a b 3c jet finger -> reset...? 600 damage (weak...)

3c jet finger rc 5c 6a collider (i think this means jet finger puts them in aerial state...?)

4d wallbounce on ch

6a 2c collider b sledge RC 2c collider spark 2c collider does 3500 (huge damage nerf). (ps i think this is invalid combo...)

2d rc 6a 2c collider sledge spark sledge does 2700 (again... overall damage nerfed)

throws do exactly same damage.

i think 2D now prorates by 80%, it used to be 100% (this is a damage scaling nerf).

overall (from combos...) it seems like his damage was nerfed to about 50%-60% of what it was before outside of his throws.

Alright our first retard right above me. Jin: 5c > 6c combos again it seems, as seen in the fourth vid posted. Jin's jc doesn't seem like it has much range, also from the fourth vid. nu's air overhead seems to ground bounce but quickly techable afterwards, from vid 5. Sickle moves significantly slower, from vid 5 (that's the dc sickle I believe). Bang's new super in vid 5. Bang's 6c's horizontal hitbox is huge now, as seen in vid 5 (long range 2b into 6c). Bang's 2d is noticeably faster (i think. It may be due to the recording being done at 30fps).

Hakumen: able to gatling into d from 6a, 5b, 6b. (interesting). No 5c though (makes sense). There is some hype going on about akumetsu. I'm not sure what. 6a doesn't gatling into 6b anymore (did I mention this already?) 6B(2)>2A>renka>gurren>6C is legit combo. Generally people seems to want the old 6b back (i agree). 6c takes 1 guard primer, shippu takes two. So it may sometimes be a good idea to just mash through it now apparently. Litchi: ・6D- advantage on block, links into B on hit, forced standing, air hit floats. cannot cancel into super. B>C>6D>B B>2C>6D>B ・4D- similar to loc test 1. 4D>發>中 is 1500 damage. ・3C- can jump cancel, but since she has the staff it will be low air (i guess litchi players will know what that means) ・Tsubame- recovery is the same as now. harder to link into 6c. more scaling. cannot rapid cancel

Reposting this here after ryokoalways confirmed my suspicions: Judging from the videos, the way you obtain a second Burst is as it was in the first loketest. There are two Break Burst icons, but one is grayed out until you lose a round. Using a Burst makes the icon disappear permanently, so the most you can have is two per match, and if you don't lose a round, all you'll ever have is one. This applies to all the characters shown in videos thus far.

【System】 Meter auto regen removed. All characters have max of 2 bursts. Burst causes primer removal. Barrier burst now known as break burst. All characters have two. Losing does not increase stock (I know someone showed that losing does include stock, but this showed up yet again. I will need to ask about this). Primer decrease by half. All characters either got all new colors or several additions. 【Hazama】- most stuff has been posted so I will just do what I think is missing. Hazama, like nu, is extremely thin when OTG. His step does not have air status.   【Ragna】 Guard Crush moves-Dead spike,hells fang second hit, Carnage scissors second hit, during BK 5D(2) and 2D. Something regarding D dp, not sure. 【Jin】 Guard Crush moves- all dp and d specials…各種昇竜・D技 Can combo after c dp counter hit   5B combo starter into 5C mash into air combo is about 3500. 【Noel】 Guard Crush moves- ??? j6d has slight auto-track. chain revolver 5c can be jump cancelled. firepower still low. 【Tager】 Guard crush moves- ??? 【Taokaka】 Guard Crush moves- 22c, cat 3, claw super. Cat 2's final hit has different motion? (unconfirmed). 【Rachel】 Guard Crush moves- ??? Wind gauge recovers faster 4D doesn't draw in as much. Frog combo returns Wind recovery becomes faster than current after recovering 2 charges. Pumpkin flies farther than first loc test but not as far as current, can still be used as shield in offense. 【Arakune】 Guard Crush moves- ??? 【Bang】 Guard Crush moves- ??? 【Litchi】 Guard Crush moves- ??? 【Carl】 Guard Crush moves- ??? neesan gauge usage significantly increased (not just 8D it seems, but probably not that bad) 【Hakumen】 Guard Crush moves- 6C, shippu, zantetsu(1) new jc, looks like johnny's js. new j2c is old jc new j2a is old j2c add 4c 3c linkable into 5b 5b bigger hitbox cutting projectiles cause barrier akumetsu added jd hit is untechable tsubaki otg time increased c moves generally faster 4c cannot cancel into specials zantetsu damage decreased zantatsu does not link into 5c air dash j2a links for loc test 2 6a slower 6b slower, 2 hits, first hit overhead gurren command 214A yukikaze catches low a and b normals can be cancelled into catch. 【Λ-11-】 Guard Crush moves- ??? 4D draw in much less air dash distance/speed decrease backdash distance decrease. 【Tsubaki】 Guard Crush moves- ??? Charge speed significantly faster. 2 seconds = 1 stock? DP invincibility unconfirmed. Seems like the guy is still trying to compile the data, which is why some known changes have not made the list. I will update this again later once the guy gets more info/confirm them.