Sign in to follow this  
stunedge

BLAZBLUE Continuum Shift : Changes

But who the hell seriously wants a console version where it's different from what you play in the arcade.

I'd love it, as long as it makes the game better.

I'd love it, as long as it makes the game better.

I think we all would love it if it makes the game better. The question remains though exactly WHAT they are changing/balancing. We need a list. Unfortunately it looks like we are going to have to wait until July 1st to get our hands on the JP version because I havent seen any updated news posts about BB:CS console information.

^ Just in case, I believe that both the initial release of CS in JP and ENG will not be rebalanced. It will be exactly like the arcade version unless they make an announcement of some kind this month but I doubt it because of SBO.

Not saying it isn't possible, just that it isn't very likely.

The patch is expected 6 months after release. There's no reason at all for it not to be applied to arcades as well.

Okay that makes more sense. With the tournaments and such upcoming I can see why they would wait at least 6 months.

Im currently editing the BB Q&A panel, so you can hear it from dai and mori yourselves. But it's taking a long time since my computer doesn't handle such a long video well, there was lots of silence to cut out, and worst of all to filter all of the faggot questions.

I'm doing my best to get them up ASAP.

http://forcedisconnect.com/2010/03/29/new-blazblue-continuum-shift-console-info/

There is some additional info in there too about other console changes like fight request and whatnot. The info is a few months old, though.

Am I reading this right or is did it just say that there's going to be cross-platform player rankings?

Am I reading this right or is did it just say that there's going to be cross-platform player rankings?

Yeah, XBL/PSN leaderboards will be mixed.

Yeah, XBL/PSN leaderboards will be mixed.

IMO, if leaderboards are going to be mixed, then there should be cross-platform gaming (This probably will never happen but, it would be pretty damn cool if it were like this). I mean, what's the point to see opposite console rankings when you can't play with them? There is probably a purpose for this but there really isn't a point IMO unless, Cross-Platform gaming was available.

IMO, if leaderboards are going to be mixed, then there should be cross-platform gaming (This probably will never happen but, it would be pretty damn cool if it were like this). I mean, what's the point to see opposite console rankings when you can't play with them? There is probably a purpose for this but there really isn't a point IMO unless, Cross-Platform gaming was available.
Does it mean that we'll be able to download videos of top PSN AND XBL players? because that alone would be pretty sweet.

Just a quick suggestion but now that the game has officially hit retail stores in Japan (albeit a bit early) should we close this thread down and create a new "Gameplay Change Thread" for the CS Console Version. Its better then sifting through all these pages trying to figure out what has changed. I remember the patch is coming about 6 months down the line but I also know that the producers stated there was going to be some frame, damage, and minor character changes for the console release.

the one being released on august 3rd/5th (psn and xbl respectively) is just for makoto. the balance patch is "6 months from release." i dont know if thats from us release or jp release though.

I'm guessing either this thread will turn into CS2 changes or it'll be scrapped and replaced with a new thread.

Anyway, the new CS2 announcer mentioned in the final loketest (the worse Engrish one) is just Taokaka System Voice A (English Chiwa Saito). They probably made it so you can change the system voice in the arcade version somehow.