Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dissonance212

Online character question (Not deciding)

Hey guys, could you please make a popularity list for all the characters in regular online play? (Not counting tournaments please). Only based off of how often you fight against them, please no tier list or who's better. To make things a bit easier please order them like this, in groups of some sort: (Do it however you want, just to clarify things a bit and make it easier)

Most popular: - - - - Popular: - - - - - Somewhat popular: - - - - - Not popular: - - - - -

Thanks in advance guys. Also, which group would you predict Dizzy to be?

Already made this question on reddit, but it only had 2 answers, so I'm searching for a bit more on this topic.

Dizzy will not be popular because she requires a lot of work to be strong.

Sin is probably the most played character at the moment (thank you Machaboo). In europe there is no character that really stand out (except Sin), most of the characters are played

Here's the latest arcade data from the official Player's Guild. It's probably little biased because the hardcore arcade players play the less popular characters more than casual online players, but it's a more objective look on things than personal speculation.

player's guild rankings.jpg

From what I've played on Steam -Sign- in EU, Sol, Kai and Slayer are definitely the clear top three. Pot, Millia, Axl , Sin, Elph and Leo are less popular after that while I-No, May, Ram, Venom, Zato, Bedman and Faust are more rare, especially when it comes to more skillful players.

Also, what I remember from various top JP players saying, Leo is much more popular in the west.

Ky will always be one of the most popular characters online because of his mixups that are easy to react offline but are unblockables online, and Sol because he's Sol, a rushdown character pretty easy to pick that you can win by just spamming his specials again and again like most people do.

Then there's Millia and Pot, most people play Millia because she's not a difficult character as well and with the new RC she's even more easy now (like most of the returning characters), and people know they get a great reward by playing her without putting that much effort, plus she's also a rushdown character and these kind of characters will always be the most popular because they don't call for a high execution like other characters, and Pot for the grappler players, that like any grappler in a fighting game, they are always more good playing online than offline.

Those four will always be the characters that are more common online, Pot maybe not that much now for being nerfed and some people like to make a fuss just for that fact alone, but I remember when I played AC online, Potemkin was pretty much always the only character there everytime I played, and some Sol and Ky from time to time, the other characters were almost nonexistent.