Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soniti

[CS1] Rachel Info and Discussion

Ok screw what I said in the last post. Now this is just a theory I made up so I might be wrong. If you can cancel into specials on the ground after j.2C, she can have a possible mix-up. You guys might think I'm crazy but just keep reading. If their is a rod placed right next to your opponent and you use 5B>j.2C, she can cancel it to 214C if it hits or the opponent blocks. If it hits, Rachel can combo into her air combo. If your opponent blocks, Rachel can do a mix-up. AGAIN, I'm not sure if this works and I may be wrong since I never played CS, but if Rachel can cancel into specials after j.2C on the ground like you guys said, it is possible.

Hey... Without an arcade machine nearby, all we can do to help is post theories..

Even if they sound crazy, might as well try it if it's possible.

I thought everyone realized you could use poles when it was said the j.2c was special cancelable ;) Anyway, provided you either have 50% or a pole on your opponent, you CAN go for the overhead. The problem is getting them to block low as 3c really isn't scary anymore. The only thing I'm not sure about is the frames of sword iris on block in BBCS. You probably cannot continue pressure but it will at least be safe.

well, does she at least look playable to you guys? We all got to play her as our sweet little OP loli and now we can sweat it out as low tier, i'll main her through thick and thin (this iteration happens to be whichever is worse), but all i need to kow to play her is does she look at all viable? On another note, although her j.2c isn't to great to use as a crossup anymore, posibly if you have a pole near by you can do 5B>iAD> air iris or maybe even BBL seeing s how it's faster, also i know the dmg is nerfed but can does BBL still have a pretty long block stun? I'm almost sure in the next BB Rachel'll turn out at least mid and never come back to....this,i also have a feeling special cancel will stay for j2c, but only on block, and you'll be able to actually do something with it by normal canceling , but anyway i'd like to see if thay crossup was a viable choice

well, does she at least look playable to you guys? We all got to play her as our sweet little OP loli and now we can sweat it out as low tier, i'll main her through thick and thin (this iteration happens to be whichever is worse), but all i need to kow to play her is does she look at all viable?

On another note, although her j.2c isn't to great to use as a crossup anymore, posibly if you have a pole near by you can do 5B>iAD> air iris or maybe even BBL seeing s how it's faster, also i know the dmg is nerfed but can does BBL still have a pretty long block stun?

I'm almost sure in the next BB Rachel'll turn out at least mid and never come back to....this,i also have a feeling special cancel will stay for j2c, but only on block, and you'll be able to actually do something with it by normal canceling , but anyway i'd like to see if thay crossup was a viable choice

Air Iris crossups are present in a couple of the videos, already, so I'd say it's a very viable thing to do if you've got a pole on your opponent.

As for BBL blockstun... it looks about the same in the videos where opponents actually block it.

Are 3c9d->6c combos entirely out? Or is it one of those things where we have to make silly changes like, say, 3c8d->6cd, to make it work, now?

hmm, maybe it's possible someone with BB:CS in their area can make some sort of video to show us some options for her....so basicly like a combo video or maybe something like H.H made ie. a video full of setups she can pull off, idk....just pretty eager to see what new rachel can do, even if it's not much, maybe some sort of video that shows us changes but like..in video form..>_> bah, anything is appreciated

i'm...........losing hope....someone find something ridiculous....i can deal with the new R tier...but i need my loli to be able to actually do something Q_Q Right now, it looks like we wont have any matchups above 4-6 in our DISADVANTAGE, although Tager had bad matchups too, R TIER FTW

Well it appears that I will get to try out BB:CS Rachel tomorrow. I'll report my ZETSUBOU SHITA here.

Well it appears that I will get to try out BB:CS Rachel tomorrow. I'll report my ZETSUBOU SHITA here.

Rachel isn't gdlk anymore!? Zetsubou shitaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Also, make sure to test 3c9d 6c just in case? :D Getting a lot of different answers about that from various people (it's gone, it's still there with really difficult timing, etc.). Blade's mentioned that it seems like it's still there, just really difficult to pull off, so I'm pretty curious, still.

rachel sounds too bad ass in CS to be tager tier.

why is arc system works so bad at balancing games

I wouldn't call them bad at it..

Go ask the people who play GG..

I'll go as far as to say that it was a fatal miscalculation on their part.

From what I heard about GG it was a massive trial and error that they finally sorta got right in AC+. But... I dunno. I don't really know of any company that doesn't accidentally make a stupid or unplayable character.

Well, there was Robo-ky who was found to be unplayable in one installment. I won't go into any further details than that since I'm not authorized to by my own subconscious (Reasoning: Lack of experience/info on the subject).

From what I heard about GG it was a massive trial and error that they finally sorta got right in AC+.

But... I dunno. I don't really know of any company that doesn't accidentally make a stupid or unplayable character.

Capcom does that all the time. Nerfing too good characters right off into crap tier.:eng101:

Also, does anyone feel like the lok tests for BB:CS were kinda rushed? I was very suprised that real quick after the last loktest, game was out.

Does that mean, we could also expect a patch like Arcana Heart gets it all the time (and I dont see Arcade operators not spending money on patch for BB).

i really dont see how they could go so wrong on her....the peopple working on her either didnt know what their partners had done or just though "Fuck this bitch, she's going down" and made all us loli fans cry, either way, i feel anyone competent could've reasonably nerfed her, it's really not like we didnt know what was so OP about her, my real guess though is that they overall wanted to keep the same playstyle for rachel and just slightly nerf all her moves, and throughout the loketest it got worse..and worse...and they accidentaly nerfed all her moves a bit too much, we can hope for frog oki next BB i'm sure, or something to give us oki tools, and we better get that extra twirl in pumpkin gone, hopefully soniti can try to find some gimmicks (Bah gimmicks i'm losing it)

One more thing, can you try the following combo 5B>5cdc>632146B(I think thats her new DD). It worked for CT when you use Baden Baden Lily(excuse my spelling if its spelled wrong). __________________ BB main: :RA::BANG: Subs: :NO::JI:

One more thing, can you try the following combo 5B>5cdc>632146B(I think thats her new DD). It worked for CT when you use Baden Baden Lily(excuse my spelling if its spelled wrong).

BB main: :RA::BANG:

Subs: :NO::JI:

I dont think he combo would be much use, since you wouldn't get the 4 wind kind, i do however know 5B>TD works, but the DD doesn't look like much except maybe a reversal, can someone test that actually, i heard it had little invuln but if it's at the start up then it could be a good for getting out of the corner, i know we have CA but if we can get more dmg off the same heat why not?

I dont think he combo would be much use, since you wouldn't get the 4 wind kind, i do however know 5B>TD works, but the DD doesn't look like much except maybe a reversal, can someone test that actually, i heard it had little invuln but if it's at the start up then it could be a good for getting out of the corner, i know we have CA but if we can get more dmg off the same heat why not?

If it was me playing, I wouldn't mind using it even if I couldn't get the 4 wind kind. I'll take whatever damage it does. I can think this combo also works: 2C(CH)>2D>5cc>632146B. Since 5cc causes a wallbounce when it hits in the air, hopefully it should work.

AI has it right? I might head over there in the afternoon.

AI has it right? I might head over there in the afternoon.

Take me with you~! Yes, bring me from Seattle to LA. >_>

@lemon:

TD doesn't exactly do a lot of damage, it looks like. Depending on what the minimum damage on the move is, I'm not sure that comboing into it like that is worth it. You can probably do about the same amount of damage with a normal combo from that setup. :psyduck:

On a somewhat unrelated note, re-frogging people after corner 5cdc->frog->BBL is possible, which means some minor oki ability still exists. It's a trade between damage from BBL and re-frogging, though.

Take me with you~! Yes, bring me from Seattle to LA. >_>

:X You guys can take me too. Just pick me up with Tari. I need an excuse to skip work (it's not like I can get fired even if I wanted to be).

But it's good that she has some oki options.

I just want to see how bad her match up chart is. Then I'll decide for sure if I'm gonna keep her or just wait for the next game.

Two 6.5s don't make me happy though.

i really dont see how they could go so wrong on her....

Well, the obvious thing that happened was when players said this, this and this can be nerfed to make her the same character, just not indefinite rushdown, or this, this and this can be nerfed to turn her into a zoning character, the developers decided to nerf all 6 of those things (feel free to fill in the blank). Pretty simple.

Regarding hit and miss with Arcsys, it's actually pretty common for them to miss one. In GG reload Chipp was the miss, in Slash Robo-ky was the miss, there wasn't a real miss in AC, in CT Tager was the miss, and in CS you guys got dicked.