Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soniti

[CS1] Rachel Info and Discussion

Haha. :P

That sounds more like an overlooked bit of code than anything. It used to require that the poles fully form before they could be activated, but now they activate on 'landing,' which may well apply to bouncing off of or hitting things.

By hit, by the way, do you mean hitting the opponent, too? If so, would it be possible to juggle people with streams of 236a/b (j.)214c? Sounds silly and low-damage, even if it works.

yeah, it works on hit, it seems to be the most functional when u use a combo that end with a 236 a/b/c and the opponent is too high for the bat pole to form to combo into lighting, but you can activate it while it's still a bean and combo it, might be good for weird air BBL setups

so 236a9d 214c gives you a 2 hitter, i haven't tried BBl with that, not sure if the hitstun is long enough to connect that

i've also noticed that CH 236a stun is pretty long, it almost feels like CT 2b CH

does the enemy take longer to tech after a j.c ?(in terms of CT) if yes then u can actually combo to j.c and 5cc bounce a lot of times although probably proration will kill the damage.

does the enemy take longer to tech after a j.c ?(in terms of CT)

if yes then u can actually combo to j.c and 5cc bounce a lot of times although probably proration will kill the damage.

Teching time is shorter for jC last time I checked. But jC does combo into BBL.

yeah, it works on hit, it seems to be the most functional when u use a combo that end with a 236 a/b/c and the opponent is too high for the bat pole to form to combo into lighting, but you can activate it while it's still a bean and combo it, might be good for weird air BBL setups

so 236a9d 214c gives you a 2 hitter, i haven't tried BBl with that, not sure if the hitstun is long enough to connect that

i've also noticed that CH 236a stun is pretty long, it almost feels like CT 2b CH

So does that mean you can add lightning to her old 6a bnb? 6a>5b> j.b.>j.c>JC>j.b>j.c>236c>214c?

That's kind of cute....

So does that mean you can add lightning to her old 6a bnb? 6a>5b> j.b.>j.c>JC>j.b>j.c>236a>214c?

That's kind of cute....

If that works, it could give her time to summon a pumpkin and frog safely after her aerial combo.

Her recovery on the j.236a might be too slow to catch them with j.214c, though, assuming it's even possible in the first place.

If that works, it could give her time to summon a pumpkin and frog safely after her aerial combo.

Her recovery on the j.236a might be too slow to catch them with j.214c, though, assuming it's even possible in the first place.

i don't think you can do anything after you use 236 a/b/c in the air, u'd have to RC it to combo in the air with it

Yeah you could probably do something along the lines of air combo -> j.236a 4d RC j.214c j.236a, but the damage would be rather pitiful.

Sure you can do stuff after 236a/b/c in the air, you just have to be high enough for the move to actually recover, which was quite a long time in CT, i'm not sure if it has improved in CS Although I do not think this combo would be possible, unless you already have poles setup on the ground beforehand (unless i'm missing something), and even then, the recovery on j.236a might be too long to activate air sword iris before the opponent recovers.

She can use air iris during air combos, just requires a bat pole to already be placed. Overall, the videos for Rachel are far and few and the only ones I've seen her winning are against bad players. I'd like to see someone from Game Chariot play her, but that's not likely...

Not a video, but vaguely CS Rachel related.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwT_wT6CgsE

Her new CS theme song (or what should be).

For my birthday, I wish that Rachel players out there find something to make her viable in Cs. =B Prolly a hopeless wish... :vbang: ... but still I try...

Waaaah this isn't fair! I'm just picking up Rachel in CT now and she's such a blast to play. You're telling me that George is virtually useless now AND the j.2C? That seriously depresses me.

I think I'll be maining Rachel still, and picking up Hazama second. It's going to be a while for console to come out so I'm in no rush to change. Don't even know if I'll like playing Hazama. I'm not a really serious tournament player in BB anyway =/

I played Rachel in the arcade again. You can combo j.3db after 5b counterhit. Also managed to do 5cc wallbounce combos in the corner windless. I'm not entirely sure what makes it possible, but I did them on Hazama and Tao off of frog approximately 2 character lengths away from the corner. It's hilarious and I managed to fill up my wind bar to full during the combo. Notation: 5b 5cdc frog 3c (1 hit) 236a delay 5cc 5cc 5cc. I think 3 reps is the max and you can probably cancel that last one into frog for oki or iris. As far as general strategy, I spent a lot of time jumping around and blocking, running away behind one of the random poles on the field before attempting to even summon pumpkin or frog and spending lots of wind to do ridiculous things that lead to little damage - yet hard to avoid damage. My blocking has improved considerably ever since playing CS. Rachel is a good character to pick up when you want to work on blocking. I seem to play better when I resign myself to playing the "let's see how many hits I can IB" game and think about what kind of ridiculous crap can I pull off with wind. Basically, toying with the opponent. I pulled off a decent win streak playing like this. ~1/2 of my wins were time-outs and some of them had both me and my opponent sitting around half life :yaaay:

I pulled off a decent win streak playing like this. ~1/2 of my wins were time-outs and some of them had both me and my opponent sitting around half life :yaaay:

I know I should feel happy, but....you know, to tell the truth, I'm not quite happy.

Although toying with opponent sounds a little bit Rachel-ish.

Wow, is my joke prediction coming true? Rachel is headed for top tier on her unstoppable time out game? :P

I had a dream last night that you could 5CC loop people by bouncing them off of lightning rods. :|

I played Rachel in the arcade again. You can combo j.3db after 5b counterhit. Also managed to do 5cc wallbounce combos in the corner windless. I'm not entirely sure what makes it possible, but I did them on Hazama and Tao off of frog approximately 2 character lengths away from the corner. It's hilarious and I managed to fill up my wind bar to full during the combo.

Notation: 5b 5cdc frog 3c (1 hit) 236a delay 5cc 5cc 5cc. I think 3 reps is the max and you can probably cancel that last one into frog for oki or iris.

As far as general strategy, I spent a lot of time jumping around and blocking, running away behind one of the random poles on the field before attempting to even summon pumpkin or frog and spending lots of wind to do ridiculous things that lead to little damage - yet hard to avoid damage. My blocking has improved considerably ever since playing CS. Rachel is a good character to pick up when you want to work on blocking. I seem to play better when I resign myself to playing the "let's see how many hits I can IB" game and think about what kind of ridiculous crap can I pull off with wind. Basically, toying with the opponent.

I pulled off a decent win streak playing like this. ~1/2 of my wins were time-outs and some of them had both me and my opponent sitting around half life :yaaay:

I haven't played the game but that sounds like a decent strategy actually since she can still jump pretty far with wind. She can put pole in ground for defensive. You have the nerfed pumpkins which are still useful to keep the opponent back. Plus you have nerf froggy which I guess is better than nothing. Defensive Rachel is not a bad idea.

I don't think she does enough damage for offensive Rachel. Or is it that she can't do enough guaranteed damage like the frog combo in CT.

Although I think someone who can cover distances fast would ruin that idea tho. For example, Bang or maybe Hazama. Be careful of that and good luck.