Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soniti

[CS1] Rachel Info and Discussion

Yeah, the 5CC loop combo was posted a while ago. Although the damage is crap, it's mainly used for wind regen.

Is there any combo for Rachel that isn't complete crap damage wise? :psyduck:

Is there any combo for Rachel that isn't complete crap damage wise? :psyduck:

the only thing i can think of is her corner combo with bbl,

or the corner tech trap 2 pole bbl

but they only do about 3k

I think if I have a little more time to mess with Rachel I can make 5B CDC 236B IAD j.B j.C *land* 6A BBL work. Timing's gonna be tight though and might require wind. 5B CDC 236B IAD j.B j.C *land* j.C j.C 236A works for ok damage.

I'm sure you can, but we're really hurting for damage, right? Does TK/sword iris -> BBL work?

why would you sword iris before the bbl? we need all the poles we can for bbl

The combo is really really tight as it is and I'm just looking for ways to connect BBL without removing hits from the combo. Besides right now BBL is better as a tool to guarantee knockdown considering how pitiful the damage is. ... In fact I wouldn't be surprised if sword iris -> BBL did MORE damage than BBL + 1 pole. The more I play Rachel the more that I too am convinced she stands the best chance aiming for a time out. Block well, throw projectiles and guess right every time, and stall stall stall as much as you can. Rushing in is usually a very, very bad idea if you don't have poles, pumpkin AND frog to back you up. Rachel's further reduced movement makes it very hard to get out of even simple situations, so the best thing to do is just not get in range unless you're guaranteed a way out with your tools.

I'm sure you can, but we're really hurting for damage, right? Does TK/sword iris -> BBL work?

BBL has the highest damage potential when all poles are active an in reach, although it's incredibly rare to find this setup. Ur better off not SI into BBL, especially with damage reduction after each attack.

Just to get this out of the way, can't she use specials after 6B. Because after a 6B counter, she can do 214B. You can do 6B(CH)>214B>5D>5B>5cdc if it works. For those who have an arcade with CS just try it anyway. I know both were nerfed, but its still possible. I'm doing what I can do to help Rachel players, not to mention I'm a Rachel player myself. __________________ BB main: :RA::BANG: Subs: :NO::JI:

i dont think i've ever seen a 5d>5b>5cdc after a 214B, is that possible? but i don't think there's enough time for the 214B to hit after a 6B CH, the untechable time is just wayyy too short now, if you can't even run up and 5b, how would a 214B hit in time?

No, you can't put out a pumpkin and combo it after 6b CH, the hitstun is WAAAY too short for the nerfed pumpkin to be summoned and reach them in time. From my experience all you can do is 5a if you are very close or 5d (to push yourself to them) -> 5a/5b if you are further.

I'd just buffer 236a after 6b instead of trying to combo. If you think it's worth it, 6b 236a RC dash 5b etc on hit confirm.

Hey guys, I lost to a Rachel player.

Because I just switched from Hazama to Hakumen. And then I beat him just because I did more damage lololol

;_;

;_;

This may seem very irrelevant, let alone be whiny and bitchy, but is this what Aksys had in mine for a more balanced fighter? Is her AH's hitbox more wider, that's the least they could of done.

I know I should feel happy, but....you know, to tell the truth, I'm not quite happy.

Although toying with opponent sounds a little bit Rachel-ish.

You know, this is what I thought. And this is why I think I may pick her up in CS. Pissing people off by poking at them, running away everywhere, and waiting for timeout just seems so much more like her than MASSIVE CORNER RUSHDOWN.

Even if she is bottom tier, I'll still be having fun. Tager was everyone's favorite "shit tier that everyone plays for the lulz." Maybe if we hype Rachel correctly we can get a similar thing going for her.

It's like why people play Dan in SF, I guess.

This may seem very irrelevant, let alone be whiny and bitchy, but is this what Aksys had in mine for a more balanced fighter? Is her AH's hitbox more wider, that's the least they could of done.

Arcsys. And... well... it may be more balanced than CT. We'll have to see how things pan out. ATM there's still bottom tier has snowball chance in hell against top tier... or in Rachel's case, snowball chance in hell against most of the cast. :psyduck:

But... I've heard one Rachel player say she can still win competatively, just it's a really long and tedious uphill battle to get there. It's not like Tager who can chance into one massive damage combo and capitalize on mistakes for the win. For Rachel to win, the opponent has to make many many mistakes.

Also, I thought massive damage and crushing opponents suited the cold hearted bitch personality she has. That's just me though. :v: People in the game who know of her are supposed to be reasonably threatened. Hell, she can keep Hakumen on a leash no problem vs. Kokonoe who had a problem with Haku wandering off.

Now you have to wonder how that works with the way she is now. Maybe Rachel threatened to castrate him?

You know, this is what I thought. And this is why I think I may pick her up in CS. Pissing people off by poking at them, running away everywhere, and waiting for timeout just seems so much more like her than MASSIVE CORNER RUSHDOWN.

Even if she is bottom tier, I'll still be having fun. Tager was everyone's favorite "shit tier that everyone plays for the lulz." Maybe if we hype Rachel correctly we can get a similar thing going for her.

but you know rachel isn't a joke character.... its rather degrading. Losing mix up off certain nerf wasn't the end of the world when I first read through the loke test result but the damage nerf is just breaking my heart... who ever imagining working hard for fancy combo spending 50% of your bar to do an extra 900 damage or so and barely breaking 3k damage overall.....

Ragna ABC special does more than rachel spending her entire wind.

Dude, your character has a GIGANTIC TAGER.. Closest thing we can come up with to something that awesome are our voltaic frogs.

Question: What does Rachel have against Carl to make the match up a 4:6? Because from the Rachel vs. Carl matches I've seen, Carl's just been like- K. It's raping tiem now.