Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soniti

[CS1] Rachel Info and Discussion

Oh wow, I just started getting her down pack now I have to change it around.

Will she be tournament playable in your opinion?

She looks fine now.

They removed shitty stuffs and gave us alternative fair stuffs.

I just noticed in the Jin vs. Rachel video that the Chair allowed for a 5b aerial combo. I don't think that is possible currently, of course Jin just might not have teched fast enough.

I just noticed in the Jin vs. Rachel video that the Chair allowed for a 5b aerial combo. I don't think that is possible currently, of course Jin just might not have teched fast enough.

Try reading my combo list then try again.

After the current loke test changes, I still think Rachel is underpowered. She needs more tweaking, and hopefully she will receive it before release.

i agree, she needs a little more of her old stuff

btw gold bursting into baden baden lily+3 poles sounds beast

it would if there is no proration on gold burst AND Baden Baden Lily's damage wasn't severely nerfed. :(

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll increase BBL's damage a tiny bit. Seems like any proration just nerfs it down to almost no damage (though it still does 2.2k for a melee hit, I think?).

It could just be the frog that's doing it, of course.

Edit:

Also, any news on whether j.2c can be cancelled into 214c?

at 0:47 it looked like he canceled j.2C with 214C

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll increase BBL's damage a tiny bit. Seems like any proration just nerfs it down to almost no damage (though it still does 2.2k for a melee hit, I think?).

It could just be the frog that's doing it, of course.

Edit:

Also, any news on whether j.2c can be cancelled into 214c?

As far as i know, you can cancel j.2c with special moves on HIT. So maybe if you already have a pole on top of them you can combo from it via 214c.

I hope that there is also a hitconfirmable RC combo from it... Otherwise it's looking very bad.

I wish they would of just nerfed her damage output instead of viable options.

I think you mean instead of both lol.

Aw, it's kinda sad that King George really doesn't seem to be anything other than a huge projectile in the super. He's humorous to look at, though... lol.

They need to start from scratch with nerfing Rachel in CS. I see way to many unusable moves, j. 2c is pointless 2c is still mostly pointless, her new super looks awful, winds uses have been practically cut in half.. If i make a pumpkin in the air and wind down it doesn't reach the ground?? what??? thats awful...anyone with an ok anti air can pummel me if I jump.. I will use her, but she seems almost unplayable still...and thats very bad since this is the 3rd test.. I am running out of hope.

I'd be okay with the pumpkin's current range if they didn't nerf the hit stun to hell. That makes the pumpkin almost useless in a lot of ways. Based on all of her current normals as well, it seems like only about a quarter or less of the combos that have been made for Rachel currently still work... maybe. That's me being generous. I'm wondering if they even realize how unplayable they're making her. I'm wondering if during a character's production if they even test the character first to see if they themselves can get combos off and such. Cause it doesn't look like it.

I think what happened was that in CT, Rachel was able to be really awesome and fun to play as a rusher by accident. Now Arcsys is like "We didn't mean to make a character this cool and incredibly well designed, we're going to put limitations on her so that she drops down to the level we initially had in mind." Yep.

I think what happened was that in CT, Rachel was able to be really awesome and fun to play as a rusher by accident. Now Arcsys is like "We didn't mean to make a character this cool and incredibly well designed, we're going to put limitations on her so that she drops down to the level we initially had in mind."

Yep.

So it would seem... they don't seem to have a very strong thought process if this is their idea of balance. I love how just about every character now has new combos, new ways to do stuff, and overall, a lot of the cast looks pretty solid now.

Except Rachel.

I don't really have much hope for them to buff her considering from what I heard, they want to release this in winter? So that's something like December or January I'm thinking.