Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

Bull.

Nu is easy to use with huge reward.

You fail to understand the "End Game" being more important whether that character is easy to use or not.

I can say potemkin easy to use and I would recommend it to all the scrub starting GG, TT with easy or little combo to remember and slide heads. Fighting game has never been about whats easy or whats not but simply at their max potential. Dizzy is an easy to use characters but she takes work due to her limits or weakness but it doesn't mean she's not easy to use. Again being easy doesn't mean anything its all about match up and character's potential.

Rachel players needs stop justifying their bs with its hard to use concept. Eddie is the most BS character out there along with slayer it doesn't make your chaarcter less BS just cause the rachel player isn't japanese and you don't have input....

on topic.. does anyone else feel the negative penalty plus low gaurd libra is going to be the nail on Nu players?

The stacking effect is both horrendous and a bad way to balance nu. negative penalty already punishes nu thats run away every time ( which is the kind of nu players I hate to fight that runs away all day) I feel nu is superior at all ranges so to see someone that runs all day makes me sad.

Guard primer break system I feel is poorly implemented, in most cases it is the character that lacks defensive option that willl get server punish and nu has poor option when guarding, currently she's standing at 4 but more or less your main escape will be backdash which will hit you with negative penalty (act puslar moving through ability remove). I don't know why players with good defensive option should have more stars (Hnk)..... since primer guard break attack are attach to being punishable according to their usefulness which any DP can beat... It makes little to no difference on those with good defence option.

On ground 214D buffs makes it more useful to pressure and keep opponent out. New 236D should also make them more wary. I like the new 236D. Looks more useful than a slow and easily reactable spinning wheel that's slowly rolling forwards. 214D breaking primer could be used for primer break traps too. Plus the guard primer system looks useless right now seeing how fast it regenerates. (at least from the latest loke tests. From air there's still 6D, 2D, 6A and 2C, which while nerfed isn't done in a way that makes it useless from what it's intended to do. Meanwhile zwei C would make them wary in the air at far-middle range too. For escape opportunities I can see using zwei A as a way to run while they're jumping towards you. I dunno. Plus burst system is kinda a buff for her too. You only get 2 for a best of 2 match but at least doing so won't cause your stupidly low stamina to be even lower. :yaaay: Plus negative penalty only applies if you backdash too many times without trying to engage in the battle. It just forces you to not abuse it. tldr: new changes just forces us to up our defensive games, and we still have options not to get rushed to hell and back, or can at least find new ones. CS lambda looks sweet, and guard primer system isn't really going to factor in that much at the moment, looks stupid and looks pretty useless. imo. :v: Only thing I don't like is the gravity bar system. Do we really need any more guages in this game? :lol: Plus it's not that abusable... If it's a way to respond to the people who kept asking for a sword bar though, then I approve.

i personally think that the vastly shorter period before negative penalty happens is kind of counter productive for Nu. she's meant to stay further back because of her drive and weak defenses.

i personally think that the vastly shorter period before negative penalty happens is kind of counter productive for Nu. she's meant to stay further back because of her drive and weak defenses.

Considering I hate that kind of gameplay... I like the change. I would like to think the swords are there for control and linking. You can stop your enemy from approaching you, and every close range encounter is on your terms, offensive. Nu is not good at being on the defending side of a close range fight, but she's plenty good at being on the offensive. You get bigger damage from close range anyways (I wish it'd be much higher than long range... Like 6DD not hitting them upwards, and thus not linking to 2DD, for instance. That would be a change I'd gladly trade for higher damage)

http://s1.zetaboards.com/blazblue/topic/2375101/1/ has the picture you are looking for Kazikal.

Uh, thanks... i forgot to check the forum in the past days. However the link is dead now T_T

It says they come back today... waiting ^^

Talking about negative penalty and low primer points, i'm a bit worried too.

I play a melee Nu, but when playing defensively i prefer to dodge the attacks by back dashing/IAD back and we still need to know how much the new guard primer will impact on the gameplay.

I do have to say that over the loketests, Arc has seen that their debuffs from the first testings were horrid. Lambda started out with 3 Primer, much smaller range on her D moves, took out any jump canceled moves, and destroyed all of her old cookie-cutters (and with it some more advanced cookies...mmmmm. Two loketests later, we have 4 Primer, adjusted ranges and stun for D, and some returning jump cancellables (still much less than before). All we got in return was a gravity meter (who spams gravity?), and less damage (but everyone does less damage). I doubt there'd be that much of a problem. We'll just be capping out in our capabilities much earlier than Nu.

I do have to say that over the loketests, Arc has seen that their debuffs from the first testings were horrid. Lambda started out with 3 Primer, much smaller range on her D moves, took out any jump canceled moves, and destroyed all of her old cookie-cutters (and with it some more advanced cookies...mmmmm.

Two loketests later, we have 4 Primer, adjusted ranges and stun for D, and some returning jump cancellables (still much less than before). All we got in return was a gravity meter (who spams gravity?), and less damage (but everyone does less damage).

I doubt there'd be that much of a problem. We'll just be capping out in our capabilities much earlier than Nu.

How do you think Rachel feels :P

I mentioned it once before but I will state again. I think what they did is over nerf and over buff respectively various characters on purpose. The reasoning is simple enough, it is easier to tone down that it is to ramp up.

With two more planned location tests I am sure things will be fine :)

How do you think Rachel feels :P

I mentioned it once before but I will state again. I think what they did is over nerf and over buff respectively various characters on purpose. The reasoning is simple enough, it is easier to tone down that it is to ramp up.

With two more planned location tests I am sure things will be fine :)

This.

You have to consider the changes(nerf or buff) of every character to understand that they're trying to balance the game.

So taking in the fact it's easier to nerf than to buff they pretty much nerfed and tweaked everyone mid and above to make them closer on the level to the lows.

So the level for equilibrium will be leaning on the lower end.

Us Nu players had it pretty easy in CT, i don't think it'd kill us for us to have to think a little more carefully on which D to use when zoning. Personally I think it's a good thing that we'll be easier to punish from a whiffed D since the risk was relatively small in CT.

From my understanding, ASW is trying to emphasize more focus on aggressive zoning and less time spent running away and playing on the defensive.

don't complain about her negative penalty seriously, it takes ara 2 backsteps to get neg pen warning and 3-4 for lambda.

don't complain about her negative penalty seriously, it takes ara 2 backsteps to get neg pen warning and 3-4 for lambda.

lol, do even count? 2 to get NP? must be something new. The scenario is having both low NP and Guard primer. What exactly is nu escape route anyway? its backdash or jump backwards. Although Im good enough to Ib and poke with 2b.

I can see most people escaping but getting hit with NP or getting gaurd crush blocking thats the scenario I would imagine would happen often.

lol, do even count? 2 to get NP? must be something new. The scenario is having both low NP and Guard primer. What exactly is nu escape route anyway? its backdash or jump backwards. Although Im good enough to Ib and poke with 2b.

I can see most people escaping but getting hit with NP or getting gaurd crush blocking thats the scenario I would imagine would happen often.

The same could be really said for ara in the defense department, and he has 4 guard primer compared to 3 for nu. Once pressured, ara doesn't have many close option cept backdash. Honestly, i'd rather take the 3-4 backdash over 1 more guard primer. Negative penalty means u take 1.5x more dmg when comboed, 1 less guard primer means they have to do 1 less guard break move to go for a combo.

The same could be really said for ara in the defense department, and he has 4 guard primer compared to 3 for nu. Once pressured, ara doesn't have many close option cept backdash. Honestly, i'd rather take the 3-4 backdash over 1 more guard primer. Negative penalty means u take 1.5x more dmg when comboed, 1 less guard primer means they have to do 1 less guard break move to go for a combo.

In the last test, Lambda had 4 guard primers, and Arakune had 5... As to how many backdashes you get... Not really sure, I think Nu was about 3, and Arakune was either 2 or 3, they seemed pretty similar.

I realize you're upset about your nerfs and whatnot (yes I read your forums), but please don't come in here and compare them. Everyone's getting nerfs, none of them are finalized yet, so it's useless to come and whine about two characters' respective abilities to run away.

lol, so why are you using arakune as an example? Let me make a general statement why should people with DP (dragon punch) have more primer or people with reversal or defense option?

yeah, it makes me sad since Arakune and arguably Rachel are both more OP than Nu, but its somewhat easier to pick up and play Nu, so she gets most of the hate...

This was why i made ara the ex. he later posted this

It wasn't meant to be a random comparison, sorry for the misinterpretation.

Keep in mind that you can avoid losing your last guard primer by barrier guarding, assuming they keep that feature in the final build.

I think they'll keep that feature, however, I think they might keep some character's Guard Primer breakers even during Barrier Block- like I've seen with Jin. I don't even think the system should come into play until after several rounds in which you double Blast Burst. It's too strong in the early rounds.

This was why i made ara the ex. he later posted this

It wasn't meant to be a random comparison, sorry for the misinterpretation.

what i said had no baring on what you were talking about.

This is the latest Update. Nu: Tk crescent and crescent cancel still works. Gravity gauge recharges in 5 seconds (may be off). C moves have shorter range but are faster than previous. throw is 1k (forward and back), air throw is 2k (No change). I seem to have missed the edits of the third loketest, can someone please post them here so I can put them in the opening post?

3rd loc test information:

http://s1.zetaboards.com/blazblue/topic/2423074/1/

Λ-11

She did not change that much. Lack of information may be due to less Λ-11 players in the location test this time.

* Standing D and →D have slower start up, although attack distance did not change.

* Air ↓↙←D may have height limit. Players have varied opinions on this one.

Hrmmm hopefully more players will show up to test over the weekend because I want constant updates to my character lol. Hopefully we can get some more info before the 4th loc test or it is going to make for a very boring next couple of weeks.

From the loketest changes thread, and it's pretty, well, :psyduck:.

nu:

act pulsr has upper body invincibility (not attribute invincibility), can use in the air (whoa what?), when used in the air can land on the ground instantly (Going to need video footage most likely. Lack of info and general wtf?)

crescent has height limitation.

legacy can only be comboed from 5D

can use gravity field like a DP.

I really don't think it's true but, if it is, then wtf? :v: