Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

what does crescent height limitation mean? like, if you jump too high or something? or you can't do it instantly after you jump.

You have to be a certain height in the air to use it. Bacially, it's preventing us from using 2147D as a valid mix up option vs ducking opponents. It'll only be used in air juggles or hitting someone out of the air.

EDIT: Also, air Act Pulsar would be neat. Since Act Pulsar is now more of an offensive move, it would be neat to see some new air combos we can use from it.

According to the Japanese site, her Acts can't be used in the air- unless someone can read the Japanese.

http://blazblue.jp/cs/lambda.html

I'm thinking this because her Calamity Sword can be used in the air, which has the words in the blue box for the command, and Crescent has similar words before the command input.

According to the Japanese site, her Acts can't be used in the air- unless someone can read the Japanese.

http-~~-//blazblue.jp/cs/lambda.html

I'm thinking this because her Calamity Sword can be used in the air, which has the words in the blue box for the command, and Crescent has similar words before the command input.

Correct. Air moves are notated: 空中で or 空中可

The news about act pulsar seems a bit false... No moaaaar low crescent... ouch Gravity dp... yay! Well, once in a while due the recovery of the move. Need vids...

The more they tweak Act pulsar the more it sounds like a beefed up version of icecar. Also if the gravity DP is as good as it sounds. Good heavens she'll be OP!

i actually can't see gravity dp (i'm assuming dragon punch, if not, disregard this post..) being that useful. what can you get out of that? first, the recovery is pretty bad. then depending on the location of the enemy at the point of the dp really changes how effective it'll be. like if they're a full screen away, 214c would be pretty useful because it'll give a boatload of time for you to setup or recover, but 214a would be pretty useless because they'll be right there anyways where changes are even with limited movement, you'll be in range of an attack. unless of course, this is talking about the invincibility frames you get from a dp, in which case there's still a long recovery time after you use a gravity well. so being a 2d fighting game mechanics noob, what i said right here might be completely wrong. haha. and yeah, the new act pulsar seems like an ice-car-esque move. except its faster (if it retains its speed from CT) and can hit at different heights. cool.

A dp (dragon punch) gives you invincibility, so it can be used as a reversal under pressure. Something Lambda needs and since it has a long cooldown, it's pretty fair. In addition the new 214A, now always throws the opponent in the air.

I thought they were nerfing her, not making her into Jin. :v:

DIE

DISSIPATE

then depending on the location of the enemy at the point of the dp really changes how effective it'll be.

That's where play skill and positioning comes in. :eng101: Moves aren't supposed to be good all the time. If you have a move that's really strong, then it needs something to offset it. If it's supposed to be a defensive tool then you don't really need it to do anything to them when they're not close to you.

Yeah we came to this conclusion a long time ago

I stopped reading about Lambda a long time ago =/ So, there's where I'm behind.

The new tweaks seem to make her more of a predicting character than ever before. And I assume gameplay will usually revolve around players being on the ground since Act Parsers = counters/run away. The one thing I do want left for her is the "dp" gravity to be used as a short-ranged aerial counter (similar to Blizzard). Hopefully the final version will be good, come the 20th.

The new tweaks seem to make her more of a predicting character than ever before.

And I assume gameplay will usually revolve around players being on the ground since Act Parsers = counters/run away. The one thing I do want left for her is the "dp" gravity to be used as a short-ranged aerial counter (similar to Blizzard).

Hopefully the final version will be good, come the 20th.

Well, she still has her original Act Parcer, it just doesn't go through people now. So it's only viable to use while the opponent is jumping. Like Bang for example, he's doing his shenanigans and coming in for the cross up kick. Naw, I'll just Act Parcer A and teleport away from him. I'm sure Act Parcer A is going to prove very useful against Bang, Tao, and Jumper Tagers. Then again, we'll never know until we get our hands on it.

Were players able to attack out of Act Parser A like Nu or was everyone too busy to clarify since they were analyzing the Windmills and Ice Skates?

Were players able to attack out of Act Parser A like Nu or was everyone too busy to clarify since they were analyzing the Windmills and Ice Skates?

It's suppose to have a long recovery, basically similar to Akuma's teleport I would guess. Very punishable if predicted.

Old act parcer was pretty punishable anyway. I'm hoping for a mix-up game in Zwei A>throw and zwei B/C. Would depend on recovery I guess.

Old act parcer was pretty punishable anyway.

I'm hoping for a mix-up game in Zwei A>throw and zwei B/C. Would depend on recovery I guess.

Well, just like Ice cars, you shouldn't do them randomly. I think B was suppose to be a low hit, C is suppose to be like a fast hit/pressure tool, and A is just a teleport with a long recovery. I may have those mixed up.

There was a video of the C version hitting Bang out of the air. Since it was a loctest video, I don't know if that's going to stay or if it's just some kind of weird fluke that occured.

With the loss of 2147D for an overhead, I wonder what Lambda's ground game is going to become like.

A has long recovery compared to old act parcer, but still shouldn't be too long. Maybe just a few frames. B is low, C is anti-air. And 2147D is still doable I think, just that you have to delay it more so that it's not instant.

2147D is still doable I think, just that you have to delay it more so that it's not instant.

I don't think I've seen a video from any of the loctests where Lambda did a 2147D. I could have missed it since there didn't seem to be too many videos of her. Is there a video confirming 2147D still works or shows the height limitation at all?

I don't think I've seen a video from any of the loctests where Lambda did a 2147D. I could have missed it since there didn't seem to be too many videos of her. Is there a video confirming 2147D still works or shows the height limitation at all?

I saw no videos of it either, but I would guess it's at least normal jumping height on the limitation. Anything to prevent a crouching opponent from getting hit by it.

So basically we are stuck using 4B to high crush now...which is relatively easy to block if you know the start up animation. As far as the new act pulsar moves...is there anything else to use for crouching opponents now?

So basically we are stuck using 4B to high crush now...which is relatively easy to block if you know the start up animation.

As far as the new act pulsar moves...is there anything else to use for crouching opponents now?

4B > RC > do whatever, is always an option. It's been risky to 4B people to begin with, may as well adapt to new things. Nu has always been pretty reliant on punishes and CH, it's not always in your best interest to be aggressive and trying to mix up the opponent at every given chance.

Another option is 2147D~C > grab/sweep, if you do it close up.