Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

Since the cancel is faster, it seems plausible. But that height restriction vid was from a few loketests ago. Could they mean its even worse than it was then?

I'm assuming CH is counter hit. and yeah, from what i've read, TK crescent doesn't work because of the heigh limitation. if they got rid of it in the more recent tests, then good for us.

4b is good if you use the second hit as a meaty... its a pure 50/50 why does a zoning character with good mobility need insane mixups again...?

4b is good if you use the second hit as a meaty... its a pure 50/50

why does a zoning character with good mobility need insane mixups again...?

We don't (shooting myself in the foot while saying this...) But we're also losing a bit of mobility in CS, but we're gaining it back in offense.

Act parcer back just gets you quicker into corners anyway. :P The fact that new act parcers are command dashes and don't really need to be cancelled from a move should help too.

4b is good if you use the second hit as a meaty... its a pure 50/50

why does a zoning character with good mobility need insane mixups again...?

Because how many low hits did Dizzy have? Can't break blocking means can't efficiently fight against an opponent unless there is a wake-up game (which doesn't happen unless you hit the opponent and knock them down).

not really... its just not brainless. having to think to escape a corner, oh no!

It not being brainlessly easy kind of is equivalent to losing mobility. Really, I don't think she'll be much worse, she just lost some damage and ease factor. ... And TK Crescent Saber. I hope they put that back in, I will miss it so bloody much.

Because how many low hits did Dizzy have? Can't break blocking means can't efficiently fight against an opponent unless there is a wake-up game (which doesn't happen unless you hit the opponent and knock them down).

dizzy relied on throw and crossup mixups...? i dont get what you're sayin here.

you dont need bullshit mixups to win. there are other ways to score damage such as frustrating an opponent, whiff punishing, giving the illusion of escape options, etc. it sounds like nu will retain some of the best zoning, great mobility (its bullshit to say hers is bad, look at the other characters movement options... nu is very fast and has a lot of options in comparison) and full screen combos, i dont see the problem here.

So, instead of talking about stupid off-topic BS or stuff that we can't answer yet, let's answer some simple questions (even if they've been answered already): What D moves are jump cancellable? (Pretty sure just 2D, 6D, jD) What normals are jump cancellable? (None of these should've changed, as they weren't broken, and I don't think I've read that any of these have changed) Do the new Act Pulsar moves seem safe on block? Safe on IB? (I'd assume A is safe, B is safe on normal block but not IB, C is unsafe on block... but assumptions suck) Does the new Act Pulsar always go a set distance, or does it auto-correct it's dash distance to always connect? Or are the hit boxes on these nice enough to not need auto-correct? (I'd assume the A version always goes a set distance, while the B and C will always work since they don't go through opponents... but assumptions suck) Have uses been found for her new pit other then zoning? (Combos?) Have uses been found for 236D, 236D~C? (Other then the obligatory ender, with multiple hits I hope it comes with some new use) Answering these questions will help you get a good grasp on her new gameplay. A link to your source or a video would be great. It seems nothing has really been updated since the 4th loktest (3 weeks ago)? As of right now she still has no reversal/DP except for her super which is very risky and only really used for extra damage at the cost of meter. This means getting out of pressure is still somewhat of a problem. O well, she can't be perfect. Obviously the main idea behind her gameplay is to keep you away, so once you're in pressure you'll be playing their game... tough luck. As long as 6A > 2C > Combo/Act Pulsar is still there I won't complain. There's still of course counter-assault and finding gaps in pressure but that goes for everyone. Her offensive pressure game will be changed (seems like for the worst, but it needed to be nerfed anyway) if some of her normals are no longer jump cancellable and if the height requirement for Cresent Saber is ridiculous. If you can't jump cancel 5DD/4DD (which I'm pretty sure you can't), then 5D/4D will no longer be considered a good zoning tool, but rather moves used to punish/mixup. This will make her easier to approach on the ground. If you can still pressure into 2C > IAD backwards > j2DD > Cresent Saber (or feint) then getting in and back out again fast and safe won't be a problem. But pressuring from fullscreen will be riskier then it was in the past. Her combo-ability still seems like it's going to be good. It'll be a lot harder to get into her higher damage combos (it seems) since you won't be able to pit-loop/or fish for 2C CH's as much, but you'll still be able to dish out pressure and damage from a close to mid-screen distance. But combo talk is pretty pointless at this stage, so I'll just leave it at that. All-in-all I think she got what she needed.

You realize you're probably never going to win if you keep thinking that? The only person who has kind of incredibly gimped matchups is Tager, stop making excuses for not being able to win, Ragna is plenty able to win any match if you're actually good with him.

If you IAD directly into 6D and eat combo after combo... That's still going to happen in CS. If you fail to do something so simple as to block after teching a throw against Nu, you're going to eat a combo (not even a big combo), it's still going to happen in CS. Every reason you lose miserably minus her damage is still going to be there, and if you don't think you can win now, you certainly won't be winning later.

:yaaay: my hero.

on the side note, if what i read was correct you cant jump cancel any of her D's which is officially the dumbest move in BB history. :vbang:

None of her D moves are j.c. now? Good god Arc. I love my character to death still but its starting to get a little out of hand. Nothing compares to taking away my crescent saber though. I want that back more than anything.

None of her D moves are j.c. now? Good god Arc. I love my character to death still but its starting to get a little out of hand.

Nothing compares to taking away my crescent saber though. I want that back more than anything.

oh no!

None of her D moves are j.c. now? Good god Arc. I love my character to death still but its starting to get a little out of hand.

Nothing compares to taking away my crescent saber though. I want that back more than anything.

I thought her 2D was still jump cancelable, so you could still do the whole 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > etc air juggle.

If not, oh well. We're gaining a neat AA ice car. Wonder how easy it'll be to IB though?

:on the side note, if what i read was correct you cant jump cancel any of her D's which is officially the dumbest move in BB history. :vbang:

No one has reported anything about ALL of her D moves not being jump cancellable.

Doesn't make sense to do this either. I can understand why 5D, 4D and 6D weren't made jump cancellable anymore (these have all been confirmed except for 6D), but to make 2D, jD and j2D not jump cancellable would totally remove the purpose of these moves in terms of defensive/offensive options and comboability. She'd pretty much be a waste of space.

Please don't just state rumors to give people a wrong idea. Read through the dustloop and zetaboards BBCS loktest/changes threads and THEN think about what you want to say. It's posts like these that lead to pages upon pages of BS being posted.

yeah, it doesn't seem like she was hit too badly, but we'll have to wait for videos and impressions. from what i see though, the only things that really irks me is the no 5dd > 4dd, 2c has a noticeably shorter range from the vs bang videos, and 5d's startup range is about half a character width further. i'll be refreshing the website all day :D

Nu: C arc→ dash 2C→JC(8)→J2C(8)→ crescent for about 3k C tsubai (huh?)>2DD>6C>2DD>6C>2DD>JDD>J2DD>crescent for about 3.5k, maybe corner only. CPU 9th match is ragna. Sounds interesting so far. I heard something about a damage nerf (which everyone got). Maybe hers is much more noticeable.

6C counter no longer launch.

2C counter still float.

Crescent doesn't have height restriction.

Character specific- Throw>5DD>(delay)2DD>(delay)6C>C arc pulsr>2DD>JDD>J2DD> crescent

for about 3k.

She sounds simply lovely. I don't think people really grabbed CH 6C all that often anyways, and it still wall bounces on an aerial opponent, so CH 2C still functions perfectly. We have our TK Crescent Saber back, and that throw combo looks pretty easy for good damage, though I'd heard that the 5DD might be harder to time.

No height restriction on Crescent Saber makes things a little nicer. If anyone comes across any vids, please post them.

She sounds simply lovely. I don't think people really grabbed CH 6C all that often anyways, and it still wall bounces on an aerial opponent, so CH 2C still functions perfectly. We have our TK Crescent Saber back, and that throw combo looks pretty easy for good damage, though I'd heard that the 5DD might be harder to time.

So far she doesn't sound like shit.

Awesome.

And yeah, 6C counter wouldn't matter much if we still can float with 2C. Though with it's slower speed I'm guessing it would be slightly harder to do.

People say she still might be top tier- how hard is it to (barrier) block high when far away, especially since they took away 236D©'s roll?