Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

Anyone know if Ribaia still gonna play Lambda? I really hope the burgundy color shoots blue swords :keke: too bad we still don't get a T-Elos and Kos-Mos colors :(

HINT: I AM A NU PLAYER.

also caps

I think it was hard for people to get.

When i body my first Lambda, im getting up and yelling PORKCHOPS as loud as i can and running off through the tourney yelling. And that person shall CRY.

I wish I could high five you through the internet.

actually, most "average" combos i've seen are in the 1.8 to 2.2k range. by average i mean just straight up standing hit. even off counters, i've only seen like 2.2 and other really low stuff. highest i've seen to date was a 2.8 and it cost 50% meter..

Problem is from alot of the videos the lambda players seemed to be missing a hella lot of combos. I think her average damage will be somewhere around 2.2K- 2.8K. I've seen her break 3K with meter. Also, some pretty interesting things from the kaqn lambda matches. Throw>6B>5C>6C combos, and I think he repeated the corner 6A>2147D loop 3 times. Also, zwei C>5C>6C wall bounce to falling sword super does 3.8K, tack on a rapid and she broke 4K in damage.

Also, zwei C>5C>6C wall bounce to falling sword super does 3.8K, tack on a rapid and she broke 4K in damage.

100% bar for 4k damage is pathetic.

now with the purple nu, i've seen like 3k with 50%..

He could have extended the combo, I dunno. he got the KO shortly after the rapid. 3.8K for 50% seems pretty good though. Especially seeing that meter gain seems faster and Lambda/Nu always have had pretty rapid meter gain. Sorta filling the CT bang niche I guess. Low but (hopefully) constant damage and pressure, only more zoning.

Can anyone confirm that Lambda retained Nu's cinematic entry with her descending from the air and then putting on her armor...it may seem like a small thing to most people but it was one of the many things I loved about the character... :) Thanks in advance...

That was a pretty sweet combo at 6:58. No meter for that kind of damage isn't too bad if you ask me. I'm seeing a lot of pressure out of Lamb from that vid, which is surprising to me. I guess Lambda exchanged some zoning abilities for a spicy pressure game.

It's playing smart against Lambda. Since barrier breaking isnt an issue if you can jump over saw blades and 214D swords, you can kill as much time as you want by simply blocking and waiting for a chance to clip damage on Lambda. If you can't break primers with that, and 236C is the only choice, if that's IB'd, they're automatically right by you. Not every match needs to end with one person dead. It's honestly really, really hard to beat a Haku or Tager who knows how to block and sit on a life lead.

Sorry if I sound ignorant but how does the match being won by time limit pose an issue?

because that's playing the anti-game. a fighting game should be won by having a good offense, not turtling. yes, a good defense is needed to win too (lack of blocking = fail) but turtling yourself to victory is just retarded. like camping in a FPS is a play style, but it's frowned upon because its not how you're supposed to play the game, since you're taking advantage of the mechanics of the game.

because that's playing the anti-game. a fighting game should be won by having a good offense, not turtling. yes, a good defense is needed to win too (lack of blocking = fail) but turtling yourself to victory is just retarded. like camping in a FPS is a play style, but it's frowned upon because its not how you're supposed to play the game, since you're taking advantage of the mechanics of the game.

Winning is winning, regardless of means to the point that the community in general outlaws a specific method, like Rachel's arcade glitch. It's tournament legal to Bang Install and run like a little girl for 60 seconds, and it's legal to use Carl's infinite loop.

You might not like it, but they're in the game, sadly. So I'd get some fun thought up for those guard breakers, Kaqn playing Lambda blew threw 3 guard crush moves within 2 seconds using rapids, it seems like we at least have enough to break a turtle if we put our mind to it.

I get where you're coming from but I disagree. Near the end of a match the player in the lead would naturally want to play more defensive. Why? Because the opponent is going to attempt to pressure/mix up as much as possible to get in the lead or get the KO himself. From what I saw on Hazama's side, he didn't really have a lot of safe openings to advance upon given his HP was low. If I was in his position, I would defend my ass for 6 seconds too.

Toss your pride aside and win with whatever means possible. It's a tournament. You're playing to win. Sit on a life lead if you have to. Also, why are you even considering that anyone should rush in against Nu/Lambda and risk getting wrecked by swords repeatedly? If anything, I win a large majority of my matches due to opponent stupidity. My Haku is subpar compared to mAc Chaos, but I can still destroy most Nu I encounter online. Why? Because they rush things and expect me to screw up, when instead they screw up and eat a 5k Haku combo.

The problem of timeouts is with the matchup I think. Hazama has the same problem as taokaka, basically he looks hard as fuck to catch. Not to mention the chains makes it fairly safe for him and make it so lambda has to be careful. Plus they both have fairly low damage outputs.

The problem of timeouts is with the matchup I think. Hazama has the same problem as taokaka, basically he looks hard as fuck to catch. Not to mention the chains makes it fairly safe for him and make it so lambda has to be careful. Plus they both have fairly low damage outputs.

Some people seem to believe time out are intentional... while it could bear some truth it is not in honesty... nu doesn't deal a lot of damage as she used to and given the fact that the TT in BB CS can deal a lot of damage you will need to play it safe.

well, i'm just going to say that if it stays like that and time outs keep happening, (not just for Nu, but i said before that i saw more time outs on the first day of CS than i had seen the whole time i've played CT) when the inevitable console version comes out, and people actually play like that, expect the online community to die in weeks. heck, people probably won't even stay around for round 2 if round 1 is won by a turtling opponent. because its retarded and not fun. the vast majority of people who buy this game don't play in tournaments or care about penalty frames. they pick a character they like and learn how to play them okay and have fun with the game. when they go online to a stat whore that turtles his way to victory, even after pulling off a few cool combos, but they don't win because the damage is zilch and the system promotes defense, what incentive is there to play the game? i just hope they don't make the AI passive, because you know those 9's the reviewers were giving CT because of its "fast, fluid action"? they're not going to appear because the action is stagnant, matches are long and drawn out, and there's no pleasure to come from playing this game. i guarantee you reviewers will say that and many people will agree with it.

As with everything else, stop assuming and wait for the players to settle down. Right now it seems that lambda players still aren't sure about how to approuch hazama properly, and hazama players are still probably trying to find more possibilities with their character, though they already have a pretty solid gameplan with him. From what I recall when CT first came out there were also quite a few timeouts. Most of the older matchups and characters that aren't really changed much from CT don't really have many timeouts in their matches, but that's because they're already pretty familiar with it. Meanwhile, lambda and hazama are practically new characters. Give it some time. Also, the system promotes turtles? Seriously? The top tier are pretty much all rush down characters now.