Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

One thing that bothers me about Lambda is can she still do RC combos after an air combo ending in 214 D? I haven't seen it in any vids or in the list of changes iirc. Mainly I want to know if she can RC into 6C or 5D after the air 214 D combo not tk btw.

One thing that bothers me about Lambda is can she still do RC combos after an air combo ending in 214 D? I haven't seen it in any vids or in the list of changes iirc. Mainly I want to know if she can RC into 6C or 5D after the air 214 D combo not tk btw.

no because they tech too quick before you can even attempt a dash... at best I can see if cresent saber RC j2DD land 2dd 6c... but im going to let the japanese sceince it

Been playing the game for about quite sometime now,since it came out in my country 2 days after the japanese release. First of all,I'd like to address the far away mixup issue.Basically,5DD 4DD Sickle Storm is a very risky choice to use nowadays,because Sickle Storm comes out really slowly,and anyone with experience would be able to avoid it,without crushing any primers. Secondly,would be Zwei C.Yes,basically it is safe in most cases.Because after Zwei C you can backdash,IAD,or stay on the spot for a counter hit.However,there are still dire consequences when predicted.Jin can use his 2D for people IAD-ing,resulting in a counter hit.People can still IAD after you to punish you. And no,it is not coincidence that people get poked out of Zwei C.If Zwei C is expected,they can be counter thrown,mashed out of it,as well as get a 6AB. She cannot RC out of Crescent Saber into 6C/5D.However,on low Crescent Sabers,she can RC into j2DD 2DD 6C Zwei C. Together with my friends we managed to find a legit 4.5k counter hit combo for lambda.Dont get too happy now,because there're specific requirements for it. Basically after a Zwei C,you 66 into 5C>6C, you have to be around 3 character's width away from the corner.Repeat 5C>6C for 2 more times and end it with an air combo or Calamity Blade. Hope I've provided some help here.Cheers from Singapore.

That last part about the Zwei C > 66 > 5C > 6C, isnt that roughly the same concept as her new throw combos? Throw > 66 > 6B > 5C spam > 6C > swords? At least I think that's how it went. Good insight on everything though. Thanks for clearing up the predictability issues on Zwei C.

it seems like there'll be a much larger emphasis on RC and the A and B buttons if you want to do decent damage. also, super counters look like they're a bit more viable this time around for her.

^^ yeah, b was important for pokes and such, but aside from 4b, there wasn't much necessary application for it. like you could get away with using only c and d. anywho, gravity counter > 5c >6c is less than 1k. :(

Ummm, wrong. 2B is incredibly useful, I use it so much. On wakeup opponents, it works great too 2B>2C>3C>Pulsar/wheel 2B>2C>6C>Pulsar/wheel 2B>2C>TK cresent 2B>2C>TK feint>mixup of choice 2B>5B>Any thing you want 2B>quick dash>grab 2B is as important as C and D once you stop spamming. I use 4B here and there, but it's too risky to go throwing out regularly as a mixup I only really use 6A though, once in a while 2/5A is good for quick pokes

Ummm, wrong. 2B is incredibly useful, I use it so much.

On wakeup opponents, it works great too

2B>2C>3C>Pulsar/wheel

2B>2C>6C>Pulsar/wheel

2B>2C>TK cresent

2B>2C>TK feint>mixup of choice

2B>5B>Any thing you want

2B>quick dash>grab

2B is as important as C and D once you stop spamming. I use 4B here and there, but it's too risky to go throwing out regularly as a mixup

I only really use 6A though, once in a while 2/5A is good for quick pokes

Don't forget it's probably the better of tools to bait wake up DDs also. It recovers fast enough so that you don't get caught up in most DDs. Bang and Ragna specifically. And hell, it's also our only tool outside of sweep to hit an opponent back off the ground.

Exactly, it can hit someone on the ground for 2B>j.C>j.2C>cresent...RC>Dash>6C>standard drive combo

Anyone who claims all you need is her C and D attacks is a moron

The nu haters ^^, 2b gatling into 5b? i know 2b 2c works... and 5b can be gatling into 2b which is mix up oppotunity to go into 4b or 2b, then you have tk cresent whiff into grab.

since gravity reversal does little damage people won't complain about it like litchis staff doing 3k xD

The nu haters ^^, 2b gatling into 5b? i know 2b 2c works... and 5b can be gatling into 2b which is mix up oppotunity to go into 4b or 2b, then you have tk cresent whiff into grab.

since gravity reversal does little damage people won't complain about it like litchis staff doing 3k xD

I'm not sure I care if gravity reversal only does roughly 1k for the combo. I'm sure there'll be a RC for it to do more, not to mention it's a tool used to get people off of you without wasting a CA. We can't ask for amazing range and zoning AND a DP that yields an easy 3k combo like it previously did.

Damn, only 1K? That's a really high risk/low reward trade, Lichi's DP is gonna round to about 3000-4000 plus tech resets if opponent falls for it. Damn I may trade some DPS instead of backdashing, might help, but I doubt I'll throw her DP much, not risking losing half my health for that

Damn, only 1K? That's a really high risk/low reward trade, Lichi's DP is gonna round to about 3000-4000 plus tech resets if opponent falls for it. Damn

I may trade some DPS instead of backdashing, might help, but I doubt I'll throw her DP much, not risking losing half my health for that

From what I've heard and seen, Lambda's DP is actually incredibly safe since it's full invincibility on start up (from what I've heard). I'm sure it's punishable on block, but that's what training mode is for. Learning where it's safe to use it.

EDIT: On another note, since I've recently added a heavy mix of air grabs into my gameplan, I've been wondering if Air grab > RC > 6C > air juggle is still in CS. Any confirmations?

I'm not sure I care if gravity reversal only does roughly 1k for the combo. I'm sure there'll be a RC for it to do more, not to mention it's a tool used to get people off of you without wasting a CA. We can't ask for amazing range and zoning AND a DP that yields an easy 3k combo like it previously did.

I'm a firm believe that reversal shouldn't go into large damage, it is meant for escaping pressure. Not to pwn your opponent, while I would love for it to do large it will makes the game stagnat if people are always baiting to the point staring is safer.

It's going to end it with other hakumen where everything goes into large even reversal which is a silly idea when you give moves so much invul for no tension.

Yes,the concept of the 66>5C>6C is similar to the one of the throw combo.You can loop the throw similarly if you were around the same distance at the corner. As for the DP,it is to be used with experience.Unless you are sure you can get a reversal,dont waste your time on it,because being punished by new heavy hitters such as Ragna and Litchi are no joke.So unless you're confident,stick with the old 6AB,it's a worthwhile 50% tension spent. The only person who went through my DP though was Ragna.I opened a B field,and he Inferno Divider-ed.His went through my entire DP. For Lambda,A's and B's are very very important.2C will not suffice as an anti air,to counter air attacks,we use 5A now. Because Nu's damage is nerfed,doing 2A>2B>3C>Zwei B only does around 3-400 damage lesser than 2C>3C>Zwei B.The chances of you landing a hit is also higher on the account that A and B attacks are faster than C attacks,therefore A and B's are very crucial. I wouldnt gamble on pure guard crushing as Lambda's game.Yes,that was the case when CS just came out,because people didnt know how to block properly her moves,but as of now,many moves are unsafe.Therefore,a safe game will be one balanced between rushdown and zoning. Focus alot on air D's,they're really useful for keeping your distance while sending a Spike Chaser. And yes,Air throw RC>6C still works. 6C>6D only works on close distances due to the slow start up of 6D. 2 other combos are available depending on preferences. 6C>66>2D>6C> one more time or ending with air combo depending on distance. Or 6C>Zwei C> and so on.

Interesting that her jabs combo for just a less now. It's gonna be wierd, I mainlu just stuck with 6A to stuff a lot of ground and air moves when I had the chance, with the occassional jab for mixups and quick pokes. It almost sounds like you guys are saying her 2C will a LOT less useful. I didn't use 2C that much as an anti air, more for when there were gaps in peoples block strings, or for the rush down through Dashing/pulsar as a poke and hopefully a counter. But with Nu's 6A...or is it 5a now? Either way, it has such a short distance and has so few frames it seems incredibly risky even throwing that out much to stuff anti airs. Once in a while I use it against Litchi and Bang and Jin, but usually I feel like a simple fakeout negates it completely (like Bangs nails, or Jins EX air projectile). Does Nu's 2C get stuffed a lot, or is just lower in damage compared to the A attack? And yeah, I noticed in the vids Nu's air swords were used a lot now, thank god I make tons of use of that right now, it's so important feinting her air cresents to mixup the zoning

You know what you guys need? A video thread just for Lambda.

But at least you can organize all the depression to being in one place. You guys had it coming. *shot*

I've heard nothing about our 6A getting buffed or whatnot. Was it left the same? Then again, we have laser pewpew swords, I shouldn't expect them to give us a solid AA like Rachel or Ragna.