Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

I assume you haven't read my previous post. But I will have to point out a thing or 2.

it's not between quick tech and tech roll. It's between quick tech, neutral tech, and delayed quick tech.

I don't see what your 3rd point has to do with anything. 2C was good for a different application. Have nothing in common here.

In any case, I forgot to make the connection my friend stated, which is a good argument. I can see your assessment of A sledge, and agree on that.

Just to clarify another thing, you never asked me questions regarding slide head till the sentence right after you made that statement. And here is the answer, I was arguing the validity of slide head, not which was the best option. When arguing that broadly, theory fighter gets out of hand, which is why the argument was based on one thing and one thing only, while limiting the uses of numbers as best as possible. And slidehead itself would never be a problem. It's always slide head + something that becomes a problem. That was my main argument. It turns out I forgot that other something.

The idea behind 2c is changing the hit box... you how tao can crawl under things.... tech roll, delayed aren’t much of an option since you know gadget finger... I've already read what your friend wrote but decided to leave it as it is after posting since I was in the middle of typing it up anyway...

I didn't quite catch why you thought limit the argument to slide head alone is the best way to resolve something yes arguable its the right tool that will do its job correctly but also causes problem which I find irking. when in fighting game it’s really about encompassing the entity of the character and what it allows that characters to follow up with.

New Gauntlets Hades is rather disgusting allow to hit crouching opponent although serving its intention it also jumps over low and allows ragna to deal massive damage of it. For this example giving one application allows a series of follow up that are in tagers advantage. The question is can people get out of it, they probably can but it’s not a pretty sight.

Tired, back to farming on aion..... This is a Nu thread.... anyway... again even with slide head potemkin had disadvantage matches vs zoning class, dizzy, venom, bridget. It just gave him an edge over other characters.. slayers, baiken and other rush down type. I still going back to my old statement you can't remedy the match up since zoner will always have a pure advantage over grapple unless you make tager godly and weaken the others.

My goal wasn't to remedy the problem, that's not possible. My goal was to provide a means of mediating it. And I don't believe slide head would screw people like ragna,hakumen, jin, etc due to tager's in ability to AA both as his own fault and game mechanics. It would be much more potent against arakune and rachel than it would rushdown characters imo. And my apologies for spamming your video thread. If you would still like to argue the point though, please do IM me.

Too much Tager talk in my Lambda forum. I said it myself, theorycrafting can only go so far until we get our hands on the game and can actually test all these specifics. Tager had the short end of the stick for the longest time and people have held out this well with him. Now it's our turn as Nu players, to be ready for our "nerf" and to face it head strong and still pull out on top. To change subjects though, I see a lot of 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > TK 2147D > 5DD etc, and the combo doesn't turn blue but other times they can tech out of it. I never noticed a rapid on this, so can anyone confirm on this combo if it's just specific spacing or really a RC?

To change subjects though, I see a lot of 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > TK 2147D > 5DD etc, and the combo doesn't turn blue but other times they can tech out of it. I never noticed a rapid on this, so can anyone confirm on this combo if it's just specific spacing or really a RC?

j214D now ground bounces, so the need to RC after TK j214D is gone.

j214D now ground bounces, so the need to RC after TK j214D is gone.

No, I noticed that too. Without RC, sometimes Lambda can follow with 5DD and sometimes not.

I haven't analyzed the details, but i think it's character and/or spacing specific.

From my judgement, a lot of people are going to fall for Act Parcer C. I don't see many players online doing barrier blocking in the air. I haven't seen many people do it at the tournaments I've been too either. But they'll have to adapt to survive at all. That last video of kaqn was neat. He's been applying all the new tricks and doing ones of his own. After a Parcer B hit, he'd use saw blades to keep them pinned. Which reminds me, we have more options for mix up while they are pinned by the saw blade. 4D swords if they continue to block low, same with TK saber, and if they block high, Parcer B again for the same set up. Of course, it's a guessing game.

Well, that's certainly weird. Either way, it didn't seem like you could capitalize damage like you could with 6B > 5C > 6C.

I don't remember what video it was, but I recall someone doing 3C > RC > 5C > 6C > loop. I don't remember if it was comboed into or a counterhit or what, but it worked. It might have been in the Kaqn vs Dennou match.

I don't remember what video it was, but I recall someone doing 3C > RC > 5C > 6C > loop.

I don't remember if it was comboed into or a counterhit or what, but it worked. It might have been in the Kaqn vs Dennou match.

it was, i remember it, the second of their 2 matches i believe

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8WwbqxEIhs

at like 4:20

I don't remember what video it was, but I recall someone doing 3C > RC > 5C > 6C > loop.

I don't remember if it was comboed into or a counterhit or what, but it worked. It might have been in the Kaqn vs Dennou match.

It wasn't a very good loop. After the 6C wall bounce, they teched and the swords wiffed. Maybe it's a tighter timing, but it seems like a waste of meter.

So, let's be realistic. A lot of Nu players from CT are most likely going to drop Lambda when they realize they can't mash drive anymore and have to work for their wins. I really wonder who they'll flock to? I'm kinda thinking Hakumen will get even more scrubs online than he does now as low tier. Nu's damage output is still crap, outside of corner combos and catching people with Zwei C in midair. It's going to be interesting, I've been abusing a lot of Nu's 2B string combos for low and highs, and TK feints, she'll be interesting. She's been nerfed hard, but a lot of people don't do absurd damage anymore, exception of Litchi, Ragna, Hakumen, Tao. Beyond the regular drive string with 236, I think not being able to jump cancel will be the biggest shock to us Nu users. It's interesting that Lambda players are using more j.2Ds as their primary zoning now

Spike chaser is more of a poking zoning tool though, none of the players truly look like they're doing it to zone. I don't use it much in CT, feels too unreliable. As long as I abuse TK feints with Lambda, I'll be happy

So, let's be realistic. A lot of Nu players from CT are most likely going to drop Lambda when they realize they can't mash drive anymore and have to work for their wins. I really wonder who they'll flock to? I'm kinda thinking Hakumen will get even more scrubs online than he does now as low tier.

Nu's damage output is still crap, outside of corner combos and catching people with Zwei C in midair.

It's going to be interesting, I've been abusing a lot of Nu's 2B string combos for low and highs, and TK feints, she'll be interesting. She's been nerfed hard, but a lot of people don't do absurd damage anymore, exception of Litchi, Ragna, Hakumen, Tao.

Beyond the regular drive string with 236, I think not being able to jump cancel will be the biggest shock to us Nu users. It's interesting that Lambda players are using more j.2Ds as their primary zoning now

I've been picking up a lot of 2B > 6B > 5C > 4B types of tricks when they block. I tend to only do this when I have 50 meter so I can rapid the 4B if shit hits the fan, but it's been working as a decent pressure string, also making people go "wtf" when I counter them on their wake ups. It still baffles me why people try to counter on their wakeups when they don't have a DP. And even then, it baffles me how easy it is to bait DPs.

I don't think the jump cancel part is going to effect our game as much as we're thinking it will. Not being able to jump off a 4D holds little merit to my style. You can still jump off a 2DD, so it's not like we really lost anything of huge value, just a 5DD > 4DD > j2DD > 2147D, and that IAD jB combo off a 5DD. Both of those weren't really used that frequently anyway.

EDIT: reminds me, Arc, since you like TK sabers a lot, one video showed Lambda doing a 236D saw blade, TK saber overhead > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > etc. So, instead of burning 50 meter to continue that TK, you can just do it automatically now. Spacing may be weird or something, but you can do it.

Sorry for the noob question but nu was my second in CT and Im planning to use lambda as second as well. I did noticed that gravity had a bar but, does it have other new properties? people seem to use it as a DP so I guess it might have some kind of invincibility? (I spend most of my time playing Litchi...damn she´s hard lol) thanks in advance

More 214D than anything else from what it looks like.

5D still gets used.

I don't think most players are actually doing 214D intentionally when they are so close to their opponents. I think the sticks just misread their TK/2147 inputs from time to time. Its very risky to do 214D so close most of the time considering how slow its start up is.

I don't think most players are actually doing 214D intentionally when they are so close to their opponents. I think the sticks just misread their TK/2147 inputs from time to time. Its very risky to do 214D so close most of the time considering how slow its start up is.

this happens a lot to me in ct. i find i actually need to do 21478d to get it to work reliably.

Sorry for the noob question but nu was my second in CT and Im planning to use lambda as second as well. I did noticed that gravity had a bar but, does it have other new properties? people seem to use it as a DP so I guess it might have some kind of invincibility? (I spend most of my time playing Litchi...damn she´s hard lol)

thanks in advance

It has upper body invincibility. Might be full, but I'm not sure, feel free to correct me if that's the case.

It has upper body invincibility. Might be full, but I'm not sure, feel free to correct me if that's the case.

The new one I believe is full body since it acts just like a DP. It's still punishable on block, like any DP, that's why it's only used against slow attacks, like Bang's 5C or Nu's 6C, a Tager Sledge mayhaps.

Spike chaser is more of a poking zoning tool though, none of the players truly look like they're doing it to zone. I don't use it much in CT, feels too unreliable. As long as I abuse TK feints with Lambda, I'll be happy

What?

Also, really, it has much better returns than j. 2D, though riskier. If they block it they break a primer and you could continue pressuring, if they jump over it you can pressure using 2D or 6D most of the time, and if they get hit by it you can combo for decent damage. Meanwhile for j. 2D you can j.2DD > j. 214DC on block or ... j. 2DD > j. 214D on hit? Yeah.

Plus it's not as if 5DD is useless.

What?

Also, really, it has much better returns than j. 2D, though riskier. If they block it they break a primer and you could continue pressuring, if they jump over it you can pressure using 2D or 6D most of the time, and if they get hit by it you can combo for decent damage. Meanwhile for j. 2D you can j.2DD > j. 214DC on block or ... j. 2DD > j. 214D on hit? Yeah.

Plus it's not as if 5DD is useless.

Using 214D is really kind of a bad idea in this sense. They will jump over it and they will gain ground against you. You should only use 214D as a pressure tool, such as when you have them pinned by saw blades or they got knocked down. Anything that would prevent them from being able to jump over 214D is when you should use it. Unless it's Tager at full screen, don't use 214D thinking it's a pressure tool. You're losing ground and zoning by doing that.