Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

Which is why I'm saying it's riskier, and why I didn't say to use it as your main zoning tool. Needs good spacing, but honestly, it's one of her better tool I feel. If they jump you could push them back with 2D most of the time or 6D depending on the spacing, or if the super jump dash or double jumpdash whatever you could just dash forwards depending on the situation.

Which is why I'm saying it's riskier, and why I didn't say to use it as your main zoning tool.

Needs good spacing, but honestly, it's one of her better tool I feel. If they jump you could push them back with 2D most of the time or 6D depending on the spacing, or if the super jump dash or double jumpdash whatever you could just dash forwards depending on the situation.

No that's what I mean. You don't want to be forced into a pattern of attacks. They expect you to 2DD, so they will block. When they land, they will be near you. In your dead zone. Where you want them to not be. But granted, yes, if they do somehow jump over a 214D, your best option is a 2DD > 6DD > Parcer A or B and apply a mix up option. Or 2DD > Parcer C since they'll still be in the air.

This pattern gets incredibly predictable, which is why I stress to not get into this situation. It's not a very safe situation, mostly depending how they jumped. If they used their IAD to get over the spikes, you're perfectly fine, apply pressure since they won't be able to get in fully. If they just high jumped and you started throw swords out, they still have an IAD waiting for you to throw out swords and then they'll dash in, possibly before you can recover safely to attempt a 6A.

I'm just going by what my current style is and what I've seen a lot of Lambda's put themselves into.

That combo string is ok, Keir. I mix in the full b strings with a 3C too, but mainly during jump ins. The reason why I think approaching with 2B is better is because you have way more oppurtunity to mix high/lows 2B>2C>6C>Wheel/pulsar 2B>2C>3C 2B>2C>TK 2B>2C>TK feint>mixup of your choice 2B>5B>5C/3C-(If I do 5C and notice they're not blocking low, I go for 3C>RC>combo Honestly, I really believe Nu's 2B is as important as her 2C and drive moves, while not all these things will apply to Lambda, it certainly will help with her for some mixups and pressure, if you usually pulsar back and slip in the wheel here and there during block strings you'll catch people off guard more. I think the Nu's online should try to play her a little more offensively in CT, it'll at least be less of a shock transitioning

Err, spike chaser hits IAD. You know that right? Also, 2DD seems to push them far enough, though if you want to be safe you could j. DD> j. 214DC or 2147DC I guess? I'm not saying to just use one zoning tool of course. Mix it up! Yeesh. We still have 5D, 4D and ground saw.

I think the Nu's online should try to play her a little more offensively in CT, it'll at least be less of a shock transitioning

It's hard to say that in our stand point really. Nu mirror matches show no real skill of the Nu players. It's mostly just a guess and shoot a sword fight. If you have two aggressive Nu's who use melee more than D swords, it's actually a really fun fight that involves a lot of quick thinking. But that's a rare occurrence in the online world.

After turning into aggressive mode as Nu, it's hard to go back to pure zoning. Her rush down game is fast and very solid.

Keir, i'm not talking about mirror fights. It's only been a few weeks, but I restructured my entire game with Nu and made her half rush down, half zoning. Of course, I still flow chart the hell out of Tager, since I don't like Nu's melee tools on him Nu has a very solid mixup game. 6A stuffs nearly any move in the air, so it's a nice approach too. Having Nu sit back and spam D is such a wasted potential of the character. Thank god people can't get away with that shit in CS. Still, even her D strings have crazy mixups Lambda's mainly going to be a pressure character who uses zoning to get in close, it's good practice to do that now in CT. Of course combos will be changed and such, but it'll give you a good feel. I play an aggressive Nu, no way in hell I'd ever go back to running the entire time spamming D. Although, her rush down can be a little weak on characters with DP, mainly Litchi and Ragna, Jin not so much

Keir, i'm not talking about mirror fights. It's only been a few weeks, but I restructured my entire game with Nu and made her half rush down, half zoning. Of course, I still flow chart the hell out of Tager, since I don't like Nu's melee tools on him

Nu has a very solid mixup game. 6A stuffs nearly any move in the air, so it's a nice approach too. Having Nu sit back and spam D is such a wasted potential of the character. Thank god people can't get away with that shit in CS.

Still, even her D strings have crazy mixups

Lambda's mainly going to be a pressure character who uses zoning to get in close, it's good practice to do that now in CT. Of course combos will be changed and such, but it'll give you a good feel. I play an aggressive Nu, no way in hell I'd ever go back to running the entire time spamming D. Although, her rush down can be a little weak on characters with DP, mainly Litchi and Ragna, Jin not so much

Oh, yeah, I wasn't meaning us in general, just overall a statement that it's hard to gauge another Nu player when we play Nu ourselves against them. ie: Mirror match. I normally try my Haku out against online Nu players. It's amazing how simple it is to get in on them and do massive damage. Although, amazingly people still get 2C against my jC somehow. I need to learn that spacing better.

I'm still having trouble with 6A in a lot of situations. Against Tao, it's no problem now, but Jin or Ragna? Terrible for me. I may as well backdash or block.

I do agree that Lambda seems more pressure oriented now, which is why I'm glad I made the switch to aggressive Nu also. Although, I do love using melee against Tager just because it irritates them so much.

No real list right now, but here's some basic stuff. Any melee string > 236B Throw > Dash > 6A > 6C > 236C > Dash > 2DD > late 2147D > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > j.214D Throw > Dash > 6B > 5C(n) > 6C > Dash > 2DD > late 2147D > 5DD etc. Corner throw > Dash > (6A > 2147D)x2 > Dash > 5B > 6A > 2147D > 6A > 2147D Near corner throw on Arakune > (2DD > 2147D)xN :V 236C > Dash > 5C(n) > 6C > Dash > 2DD > late 2147D > 5DD etc Near corner 236C > Dash > (5C(n) > 6C)x3 > 2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > j.214D 214A > 5C(n) > 6C > 236C > Dash > 2DD > late 2147D > 5DD etc. that's all I remember for now.

Keir, i'm not talking about mirror fights. It's only been a few weeks, but I restructured my entire game with Nu and made her half rush down, half zoning. Of course, I still flow chart the hell out of Tager, since I don't like Nu's melee tools on him

Nu has a very solid mixup game. 6A stuffs nearly any move in the air, so it's a nice approach too. Having Nu sit back and spam D is such a wasted potential of the character. Thank god people can't get away with that shit in CS.

Still, even her D strings have crazy mixups

Lambda's mainly going to be a pressure character who uses zoning to get in close, it's good practice to do that now in CT. Of course combos will be changed and such, but it'll give you a good feel. I play an aggressive Nu, no way in hell I'd ever go back to running the entire time spamming D. Although, her rush down can be a little weak on characters with DP, mainly Litchi and Ragna, Jin not so much

I do that myself. I make use of act parser a lot and mix in melee moves with drive attacks for my combos. I like act parsering all around and pretty much running circles around my opponent instead of just sitting back and shooting swords. It throws a lot of players off when they play against an aggressive V-13. They're not used to that kind of style and it makes her a little less predictable also. You get that element of surprise going for you because they don't know what to expect from you most of the time.

Too much act pulsaring is incredibly bad to do, it leaves you open to being countered if you pulsar too much. It's better to leave pulsar to a minimum, that way it catches your opponents off guard. If you're relying solely on it you're probably not playing right, afterall, it's just a gimmick she has. Lambda won't be able to pulsar through people, so try to break the habit. I pulsar back a lot, so that's gonna take a lot of getting use to

Too much act pulsaring is incredibly bad to do, it leaves you open to being countered if you pulsar too much. It's better to leave pulsar to a minimum, that way it catches your opponents off guard. If you're relying solely on it you're probably not playing right, afterall, it's just a gimmick she has.

Lambda won't be able to pulsar through people, so try to break the habit. I pulsar back a lot, so that's gonna take a lot of getting use to

Arcade, you sound just like dotSafety the other day when he was teaching this new Nu player on psn. The new player was pulsaring so much that dot told him not to lol.

Too much act pulsaring is incredibly bad to do, it leaves you open to being countered if you pulsar too much. It's better to leave pulsar to a minimum, that way it catches your opponents off guard. If you're relying solely on it you're probably not playing right, afterall, it's just a gimmick she has.

Lambda won't be able to pulsar through people, so try to break the habit. I pulsar back a lot, so that's gonna take a lot of getting use to

Oh I know that. I've messed up a quite a few times and ended up teleporting into attacks. I'll like parser from one side of the opponent to the other while using swords and parsering backwards also. I do tend to use it a little too often sometimes and I'm trying to break that habit. I try never to parser straight into someones face though. They just jab the crap outta me.

Arcade, you sound just like dotSafety the other day when he was teaching this new Nu player on psn. The new player was pulsaring so much that dot told him not to lol.

Yeah, over the summer, I got into the habit of over-using it. I guess I wanted to look stylized and unique, but really...it was just dumb and scrubbish

And yeah, Dotsafety became a really huge influence on my Nu now. After the online tourney a few weeks ago and hating how simple I looked from boring zoning, I completely restructred my Nu and decided to use more melee pressure with TK feints on the ground and in the air, it's helped massively. Mainly got the idea watching his videos on youtube, but didn't have the guts to pull it off in a real game until recently.

Heheh, not that I'm playing like him or want to, it's mainly just that he showed me how versatile Nu can be, and that she doesn't need to just rely on drive

Is the 31 hit combo that starts at around 0:32 easy to perform (not set up, but actually perform, like the button presses and timing)?

i think its pretty easy. i think the hardest part is landing the 5D after the Tiger knee crecent saber move. i think its a combination of me doing the TK move too early and pressing 5D too late. ( i mash instead of time) But still i land it 60%

when i play agin i want to test if its easier to do a slight run up to 6D instead of 5D.

so i played today for the 1st time, i must say that severin was right, her speed nerf and the added recovery are things that definitely gotta be getting used to, thats the main thing i noticed, also the no auto turn Cx8 kinda fuqed wit me too lol ,well, i guess theres no real reason 2 post tho lol , yall already no this stufg, lemme no if u want sumn tested tho i guess

I've noticed people making use of Lambda's melee attacks a lot more than her swords. It seems like she has a lot of combos that utilize her melee attacks rather than just having several different setups into sword juggling. I like this style better than Nu to be honest. They took the focus off of zoning and gave her a more hybrid style with good projectiles that work great for zoning but are meant to help her link into her other attacks.

I've noticed people making use of Lambda's melee attacks a lot more than her swords. It seems like she has a lot of combos that utilize her melee attacks rather than just having several different setups into sword juggling. I like this style better than Nu to be honest. They took the focus off of zoning and gave her a more hybrid style with good projectiles that work great for zoning but are meant to help her link into her other attacks.

she's always had good melee potential, to be more blunt because of the changes in BB CS people are forced to melee more due to the remove of several jump cancel of her D swords. Melee is still a strong fort for lamdba with TK feint so its really no surprise. I'm going to say this but nu has always been good at melee, they simply didn't take the focus off zoning they just nerf it like for example they didn't magically bufff her melee ability infact its worst than BB CT Nu.

6C CH remove, if that was in CT it would be a deadly aresenal to her combo.

2C CH? I can't remember it it still lifts on CH.

beside that point a lot of her good C moves are now slower, reliance on 6a AA isn't her best strengh but its managable.

2C still lifts. One good thing she has now is that 5C holds air bourne opponents in place and it can link to 6C. Can't remember if you can do it in CT or not. Zwei B is also good for her melee seeing that it's easy to link off C moves, knocks the opponent far away, and also pretty hard to punish. I have a pretty tough time linking 5C after grav well though. Is it counterhit only? Also, one thing I noticed is that zwei C's hit box activates late, so it's pretty easy to get hit out of. Still really fun to play.

2C still lifts. One good thing she has now is that 5C holds air bourne opponents in place and it can link to 6C. Can't remember if you can do it in CT or not. Zwei B is also good for her melee seeing that it's easy to link off C moves, knocks the opponent far away, and also pretty hard to punish.

I have a pretty tough time linking 5C after grav well though. Is it counterhit only?

Also, one thing I noticed is that zwei C's hit box activates late, so it's pretty easy to get hit out of.

Still really fun to play.

It's Delayed.... well you want for the opponent to drop.. welll I'm uncertain myself since i use it as a reversal but you do delay it... in other cases you just combo into D swords into TK crsecent and do a combo that way.

oo do you go to boxhill timeout now? I can pm you my details if you want to meet up someday at boxhill.