Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

I don't see how she got better at all. She just seemed like she got more nerfed. Like playing a downgraded V-13 and saying be satisfied . Even her new moves don't even seem to compensate for this. Nothing seems faster at all. V-13 would eat lambo alive.

No shit.

The whole point of lambda was to give us a less retarded, more fun to play Nu.

I don't see how she got better at all. She just seemed like she got more nerfed. Like playing a downgraded V-13 and saying be satisfied . Even her new moves don't even seem to compensate for this. Nothing seems faster at all. V-13 would eat lambo alive.

oh god its the arakune forums all over again

You're complaining about the wrong thing here. Instead of focusing on her gameplay nerfs, you should be more outraged at her personality nerf. We lost our lovable mechanical goddess of destruction for a mindless slave of Kokonoe. How could you ArcSys!?

No shit.

The whole point of lambda was to give us a less retarded, more fun to play Nu.

Do you enjoy driving slow? Some people claim that driving slow is the same thing as driving fast but you get to enjoy the scenery. I enjoy driving fast in a stick shift but that is just me. I don't know how you can say playing Lambo could be more fun than playing V-13. Have you ever tried playing V-13 without pressing D. Yea I did it was fun for a few rounds but I got destroyed. I missed my swords and saying DDDDDDD when people started they're V-13 jokes. Similarly Lambo is a shadow of what was a great character.

oh god its the arakune forums all over again

I would not know what happened in the arakune forums because I main Nu/V-13 and apparently now it's going to be Lambo. I would visit another forum from time to time. But this is home his is where i spent all most all of my time in. I probally have 50 posts and 45 where in this forum.

You're complaining about the wrong thing here. Instead of focusing on her gameplay nerfs, you should be more outraged at her personality nerf. We lost our lovable mechanical goddess of destruction for a mindless slave of Kokonoe. How could you ArcSys!?

You play a character for they're game play. That would be the equivalent of leaving your girlfriend for a guy saying I like his personality. Unless your gay or bi that makes no sense.

Other thoughts

Don't get me wrong she is still going to be my baby. I told myself that we could work through this. I was trying so hard not to look to see the changes. But youtube screwed me :D. Kept suggesting i look at vids with lambo. So finally I did and i had to say WTF! She was slow and sluggish. It was the same feeling that I got when i saw what happened to fox in melee when brawl came out. I knew this was going to happen. But come on really. If a Tagger somehow managed to beat me I said GG nice tager. I did not cry PLEASE nerf TAGER with his basically instant kill super on V-13 for her low hp. It's like i've been recently on this V-13 high lately. We are starting to click things that i always wanted to do or had a hard time with are starting to come out like butter. Like seriously ?? Then on top of all of this RAGNA?? is like buffed through the roof. I felt like they where like you know what V-13 creasant is pretty cool. LETS GIVE IT TO RAGNA and make him even more ridiculous . I am by no means going to switch to Ragna as if his rush game was not already ridiculous. I simply feel like no V-13 mainers every complained about anything while everyone else QQ till they got justice. In the current game CT she has options for melee range but HOW GOOD is it REALLY? All i am going to say is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BX9PDzOkn4 <---- I don't have a problem with this. Seriously ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmeYB0n_Gh0 GJ nerf V-13 and create this monster.

Funny thing is, you don't seem to realize that Nu was retarded, Ragna was left mostly unchanged from CT and Taokaka is barely, if any better than lambda match-up wise.

You play a character for they're game play. That would be the equivalent of leaving your girlfriend for a guy saying I like his personality. Unless your gay or bi that makes no sense.

I chose Nu because of her personality. If I don't the character, why would i try to make them win? I want to make myself better so Nu doesn't have to keep getting her ass kicked.

And i am confused about your statement. What does being gay/bi have to do with the fact that Lambda is a slave of Kokonoe?

Funny thing is, you don't seem to realize that Nu was retarded, Ragna was left mostly unchanged from CT and Taokaka is barely, if any better than lambda match-up wise.

You are forgetting a few things. Combos win games. The damage is far beyond that of basically every character. Now your saying that Ragna was left unchanged. How can you not see that would naturally make him better off the break. If his metagame is basically the same old Ragna players basically start ahead of the curv. In addition with these types of nerfs to all the other threatening characters to Ragna basically nerfed to death. He becomes ridiculously good. It would be like playing a child in blazblue who does not even block. The nerfs in the same way are disabling. If V-13 was unchanged I guarantee we would not even be having this discussion Ragna can be "unchanged" all he wants. What should have happened was her A's should have gotten more range make her more melee like or something. Ragna has long arms for no reason. If V-13 D's are slow and down in the ground why can't she have more ranged if we are forced to basically mostly be melee.

I chose Nu because of her personality. If I don't the character, why would i try to make them win? I want to make myself better so Nu doesn't have to keep getting her ass kicked.

I am not saying that you can't overcome certain things but what I am saying is "her personality" died in the nerfs. This is like a bootleg hacked version of her. Like if CS was not comming out and someone said hey man this is V-13 form CT you would be like no way or that guy is horrible with her. Also your mixing up personality with potential you saw alot of potential in playing her.

I thought the Ragna/Lambda match-up was even? Isn't that where we want it?

I don't think so. I feel that everyone should be taking hard blows. In edition to all of this. I feel like people did not like nu because she was a girl. It's like ooh nooo a girl is top teir this must change. To add insult injury they are wow her Zone is op >_> they could have mained nu if they wanted to.

I feel like people did not like nu because she was a girl. It's like ooh nooo a girl is top teir this must change.

THIS should give others a heads up to how pointless this conversation is. Anyway I guess I am alone in liking lambdas new moves over her old one. corner loop is loads of fun

;589473']THIS should give others a heads up to how pointless this conversation is. Anyway I guess I am alone in liking lambdas new moves over her old one. corner loop is loads of fun

I was having fun reading through the comment kinda wanted to see how it would unfold, Lol.

The general idea is americans ^^, attach scrubs prefer their TT to be easier to be dealt with Nu being a heavy zoner and their inability to block made her unfavourable. unless you attach a japanese ninja (bang) to TT it is somehow more acceptable. People couldn't deal with Nu and whine and thats the entire story.

Now for lamdba the point was taken that unlike Nu lamdba is different almost a new character with similar property something like a ken variant of ryu (of course sf4 is a bad game). At best I can see most of us or many are trying to envision a Nu that is from CT, she's different, plays different and generate threat in a different way. Am I the one having fun being the queen of guard crush ^^, probably one of the better changes is to see people advance and avoid getting caught blocking.

I'll throw my lot in with the people who support the nerf. I've had a lot of complaints playing Nu. A lot of hate mail, and people saying 'BB on easy mode.' I never really paid it much mind (Actually I find it funny) but now people are gonna start complaining to other people and leave me to my dat as-I mean sword spam in peace. And I don't know about you guys, but her new moves are shiny and make me :kitty: My only complaint is the same as toanenadiz. Give me back my crazed stalker, dammit!

Like, sorry that Arksys wants us to earn our victories. Personally, I'll take the challenge. And...

I feel like people did not like nu because she was a girl. It's like ooh nooo a girl is top teir this must change.

:8/:

I was having fun reading through the comment kinda wanted to see how it would unfold, Lol.

The general idea is americans ^^, attach scrubs prefer their TT to be easier to be dealt with Nu being a heavy zoner and their inability to block made her unfavourable. unless you attach a japanese ninja (bang) to TT it is somehow more acceptable. People couldn't deal with Nu and whine and thats the entire story.

Now for lamdba the point was taken that unlike Nu lamdba is different almost a new character with similar property something like a ken variant of ryu (of course sf4 is a bad game). At best I can see most of us or many are trying to envision a Nu that is from CT, she's different, plays different and generate threat in a different way. Am I the one having fun being the queen of guard crush ^^, probably one of the better changes is to see people advance and avoid getting caught blocking.

I would have to mostly agree. In any game people complain about ranged Zoning. It's like when I first started playing nu I was horrible you can even read my thread. No one complained about her when I was losing all the time. But people started crying and complaining when I started to learn some combos and started zoning hard core began winning? Why is this ? As long as people find something easy to beat they don't have a problem with it. I would not be surpised if something amazing is found out about lambo that puts her back on that V-13 status that in the next game her D's will probally be the range of her C if they don't completely destroy her and give her a sword. Into sometype of low defense hakumen. With all these nerfs to lambo would you not find it fair in increasing her health & defense. I'm just saying. Nu got eat if someone rushed her hard core. Now without her same utilities she should get more hp.

I'll throw my lot in with the people who support the nerf. I've had a lot of complaints playing Nu. A lot of hate mail, and people saying 'BB on easy mode.' I never really paid it much mind (Actually I find it funny) but now people are gonna start complaining to other people and leave me to my dat as-I mean sword spam in peace. And I don't know about you guys, but her new moves are shiny and make me :kitty: My only complaint is the same as toanenadiz. Give me back my crazed stalker, dammit!

Like, sorry that Arksys wants us to earn our victories. Personally, I'll take the challenge. And...

:8/:

funny but on a serious note. people complain about a characters ability to zone in every game. For example Ryu is not even Broken like Sagat but people still complain about his fireballs. (also we are not going to get into Sagat is the V-13 of this game because come on people SF4 can't touch blazblue). But continuing on Everyone that said V-13 was easy mode to me. I told them to play V-13. The reason is this people seem to not realize that everyone one of those swords are being controlled by you. Also a player just needs to sneeze a combo and your dead. Next any experience player pretty much has a good idea of how V-13 is played so they wait for you to try to start spamming D. D is not something that should be spammed. So many people online try to pick Tager when they see V-13 on my drive card. They're game plan is go through my D and destroy. Why is this tactic even valid because expect V-13 to spam D. Spamming just leaves you opened to get punished. So the fact that we have V-13 on this forum mixing it up and not spamming D is how we should be playing V-13 why not play a character well. No one complains when Hakuman use's his sword why should peple complain about V-13 zone tactics. It's who she is.

Well, fact is that I already play a very Melee-heavy v-13. So the jump to Lambda was the easiest thing in the world. And also I don't really see how everyone complains about zoning. I've never had anyone complain to me when I play Venom. Hell, nobody even really complains when I D spam in BB. It's when I start breaking out my combos that they throw out 'easy-mode' for some reason, which honestly, I feel, invalidates their complaints. All the same, why complain about a character nerf instead of embracing it? Are the people who complain going to spend the rest of their lives playing CT just so they can relive the glory days when they were top tier? I can understand that from Rachel, who got hit a little hard with the nerf stick. But you can't even say that for Lambda. She's still very much the same. If you hit D, you're still gonna get swords. Her normals are relatively unchanged; her specials, IMO, are better. So you'll have to relearn a few combos, and hit them a few more times to win. What's the big deal? Like, when I played CS, I picked up Lambda with very little trouble, because she really is similar. If everything was as nerfed/changed as you believe it is, I think that I would have had a bit more trouble in relearning my combos and such, don't you?

Shotta---do you have any clue what you're talking about for either games? Hate to break it to you, but Nu was overpowered as hell. She didn't have ANY bad matchups, a bunch of 3.5-6.5 match ups, sprinkled with tons of 4-6 and 5.5- 4.5 matchups. She builds up heat quick as hell, a mediocre player can get decently far with spamming drive, she has an amazing backdash, easily the best air grab that can lead to a 4000 damage combo, a normal grab in the corner that does between 4000-5000 damage, really quick, godly mixups, an amazing CH that hits for over 4000 EASILY. 2C was so easily one of the most godly moves in the game, anti air, lead to an easy 5000 meter combo or more. She's hard to burst against. She can pulsr OUT of corners, pulsr backwards, use it as a crappy cross up. Her C attacks have crazy range for melee hits, 3C, 5C turning the other way, even 2C reach a little TOO far and can hit people while they're behind you in wierd angles. The only thing that kept Nu from being god tier is that she had low health, and crappy defense with limited options. Her melee moves are a little slow on start up too. Like, no offense, but you need to quit bitching about Nu's nerfs because they were very well deserved. I'm kinda glad they took LAMBDA in the right direction. In fact, out of every character for CS, I think she might have been rebalanced better than anyone in the game (Rachel was destroyed as a character, and Bang in CS is as powerful as Nu is in CT now, pretty damn OP but not as broken as CT Rachel). They took out the broken aspects of Nu now. Players can't rely on just 5D anymore. And j.2DD's are still really great and probably better as zoning tools now. Nu is an absolute great character up close in melee range and so is Lambda. Do you realize how powerful her TKs and it's feint mixups are? Her 236C is also crazy powerful, you get between 4000-6000 damage out of it easily. Do also realize how she's basically the only character in CS that can really guard crush? Spike chaser guard crushes, 236C, 236?, TKs and such take primer. Guard crushing equals a 236C combo. If they burst from that, then they have no burst for the next problem Seriously, you have nothing to bitch about, learn how to fight up close with her so you'll be ready for Lambda. I'm looking forward to playing her, she's a beast up close in both games. Complaining about Tager doing too much damage to you is plain stupid. Do you know how much a Tager play has to outplay a Nu? She can zone him all day, his moves and movement in general is crazy slow, if you get smacked by anything to him in that matchup you deserve the 6000 damage you get.

And Dacid, unless they changed her tier placement, wasn't Lambda smack-dab in the middle?

IIRC, someone said that a new list places lambda and arakune at high mid, or possibly low A tier, and that hakumen knocked off ragna for third place in S tier.

The tier list from arcadia, the one that had lambda in the middle of B tier, was just a first impressions list, it still keeps changing.

The final list will take a while to come out.

I don't have a link for any of that, but I remember a couple people saying that in the discussion thread.

Lambda is like.. at lowest, high mid, potentially up to low high. No chart is the same for Ara, he goes all the way from A tier to low tier.

Builds meter for free. Does 5.5k+ dmg with heat! All Nu's High damage starters are all moves that are safe on block (this is not the case for other characters). You can hitconfirm (WHY?) 5DD into nonsensical (3k meterless, 5k with meter) damage from the other side of the screen. 2c and 3c dont deserve an explanation just LOOK at them. Surprisingly while her defense may be her weakness what people fail to actually recognize is how bad most of the BB cast are on defense (lacking true reversals). Throw her backdash and 2c beating gatling overheads and throws for 6k dmg on a read into the mix along with BB's quick ass jump startup, IB and FD... suddenly defense doesnt seem so bad if you know how to block then escape with any number of these things. The life difference is also negligable since nu having ~10% lower health than average doesn't equate to her dying in a different amount of combos (she is no Chipp with a 1.33x modifier lol).

Shottanuhmis its not as bad as you make it out to be. I have more of a problem with what they did to her character in the story. I also dislike two of the new top 3 but thats due to the players that play them not the characters themselves (bang and ragna). Nu wasnt meant to be played entirely without sword neither is lambda theres a time to use it, and times where you should melee. In CT sword spam was a bit too safe. I think they took the character in a good direction, my only gripe based on CT Nu is that her melee doesnt have any sexy block strings you basically TK and mix-up if you fail from your mix up you retreat or depending on the character only (two I can really think of) are in a high risk situation afterwords but really its not that bad her melee is good enough for pretty much every character in CT with like one or two exceptions. Lamb has a Dp though so its not that big a deal. all this is based on what I've seen of Lamb due to not having an arcade close by

The only thing that kept Nu from being god tier is that she had low health, and crappy defense with limited options. Her melee moves are a little slow on start up too.

Like, no offense, but you need to quit bitching about Nu's nerfs because they were very well deserved.

I'm kinda glad they took LAMBDA in the right direction. In fact, out of every character for CS, I think she might have been rebalanced better than anyone in the game (Rachel was destroyed as a character, and Bang in CS is as powerful as Nu is in CT now, pretty damn OP but not as broken as CT Rachel).

They took out the broken aspects of Nu now. Players can't rely on just 5D anymore. And j.2DD's are still really great and probably better as zoning tools now. Nu is an absolute great character up close in melee range and so is Lambda. Do you realize how powerful her TKs and it's feint mixups are? Her 236C is also crazy powerful, you get between 4000-6000 damage out of it easily.

Do also realize how she's basically the only character in CS that can really guard crush? Spike chaser guard crushes, 236C, 236?, TKs and such take primer. Guard crushing equals a 236C combo. If they burst from that, then they have no burst for the next problem

Seriously, you have nothing to bitch about, learn how to fight up close with her so you'll be ready for Lambda. I'm looking forward to playing her, she's a beast up close in both games.

Complaining about Tager doing too much damage to you is plain stupid. Do you know how much a Tager play has to outplay a Nu? She can zone him all day, his moves and movement in general is crazy slow, if you get smacked by anything to him in that matchup you deserve the 6000 damage you get.

I need someone to play with online ^^, While it is correct to nerf her. Some of the nerf are overdone especially 2c which is becoming unless. Even in combos you dont use it anymore or it simply obsolete to be worth using couple with proration, don't even use 2c its just terrible.

there is nothing wrong with complaining about tager because he is lame ^^, but to wrote something note worthy is not to think of tager has only a match up vs. Lamdba but to the rest of the cast which he can be an ugly fort to defeat.

Shottanuhmis its not as bad as you make it out to be. I have more of a problem with what they did to her character in the story.

It's silly to care too much about a story when we're talking about balance/tier placement in a fight game. Although true fanatics will consider the the story poignant it is in most cases irrelevant towards the fighting game community.

Just for the record:

Do also realize how she's basically the only character in CS that can really guard crush? Spike chaser guard crushes, 236C, 236?, TKs and such take primer. Guard crushing equals a 236C combo. If they burst from that, then they have no burst for the next problem

Rachel can guard crush.

After that, it's shit damage at 80% proration, but on a technicality, she can guard crush pretty well. :eng101:

Lambda is like.. at lowest, high mid, potentially up to low high.

No chart is the same for Ara, he goes all the way from A tier to low tier.

Also, Dacid. One day, you will believe. The 'Kune is S+ tier.

It's silly to care too much about a story when we're talking about balance/tier placement in a fight game. Although true fanatics will consider the the story poignant it is in most cases irrelevant towards the fighting game community.

I know this, I was basically using that part of the statement to relate to shotta showing im not just someone whos super excited about CS, so he would listen to my comment from a more neutral stand point. Not very good but considering the time of night I was typing at its alright. Hence why I didnt go deep into how I dislike the personality change but instead talked about her gameplay afterward albeit not in great detail