Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

Same with Hakumen. Noel and Nu and Ragna (quick and small characters) are supposed to be moving all over the place and you're not supposed to be sitting there taking blockstring after blockstring. Although Noel may have been better off with more...

Also, some characters just build way more meter than others.

No one ever thinks about it, but Counter Assault is there for a reason.

If you build meter like Hazama, you either CA or learn to IB and punish to get out.

Tager has a hard time building like 30 meter, where as Hazama's bnb gives him 50 meter give or take.

Tager has a hard time building like 30 meter, where as Hazama's bnb gives him 50 meter give or take.

Tager's gain seems quick enough for me, one throw combo gets you thirty or so. Besides Tager with 50% meter is a much more dangerous prospect than most other characters. Half of your life can disappear in five frames. Hazama's gain is silly though, it's like once you land the first Jayakou, the followup combo means you regain the 50 heat you spent.

Incidentally, Lamda is the only person I've seen guard crush Tager in a matchvid, and that did take a green burst. Although I've seen Hakumen have a pretty good go with repeated 6C, but that shit should really be backdashed like most GP breakers.

The only problem I have with the system is the obscured Barrier Block save on the last Primer. If anything, I'd say that GP breaker attacks should deal 50% damage to Barrier Block even if it isn't at the last Primer- but it would protect your Primers still. That would force people to stop spamming Barrier and switch defenses more often so the don't end up with max Primers and no Barrier.

No offense but that's a horrible idea, and it makes no sense. As of right now, if you use no barrier the entire game you're adding 2 primers to your total count without guard breaking (assuming there is a delay between the last two). Your way accomplishes the same thing, but you'd go into danger a lot faster if you didn't 'barrier correctly' (on top of not being able to air-block ground normals).

If this were the case, Lambda could potentially rape everyone in the cast. If you jumped in the air with less then 50% barrier, I could get a free combo regardless of how many primers you had (if you didn't barrier 236C), or put you in a danger state for a couple seconds (if you decided to use the last of your barrier) as well air make you unable to air-block ground normals/specials. Barrier would become a crutch and make some moves wayyyyyyy too good. This would give rise to too many win-win situations.

They wanted your barrier to be a last resort to save primers that you could use freely and intelligently (air blocking ground normals/specials) the whole round with some consequences if you used too much, which only happens if you're an idiot (or in beginner mode--auto barrier).

Besides, the mechanics of the game already encourage you to not barrier absolutely everything:

-Pushes them farther away which sometimes makes punishing hard(er) or impossible.

-Increases block stun which not only enforces the first point, but also makes it harder to escape in some cases.

-Using too much barrier can put you in a danger state which causes you to take more damage AND makes it impossible to guard ground normals/specials while in the air.

To everyone: If you're arguing against the current primer system (and character primer counts) you need to take a step back and compare base # of primers with the intended (usually optimal) play-style with that character, and then put that along side mobility, space control, and HOW PRIMERS REGENERATE DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION. The new burst system works great combined with the new primer system as well.

For the most part primers are balanced... I would say Bang deserves 1 less (%^&! Bang). Everyone else is fine from my playing experience.

I'd have to say that Rachel does a pretty good job at taking Primers with George in the corner (3 in blockstring and up to 4 with BBL). Noel would be decent too if Bloom Trigger took one as well as some others. They were pointing those 2 characters in the right direction on paper...

The only problem I have with the system is the obscured Barrier Block save on the last Primer. If anything, I'd say that GP breaker attacks should deal 50% damage to Barrier Block even if it isn't at the last Primer- but it would protect your Primers still. That would force people to stop spamming Barrier and switch defenses more often so the don't end up with max Primers and no Barrier.

On a related note, Guard Libra sucked because a lot of attacks weren't balanced right for it. Tug of Wars against Rachel and Noel were terrible as well. I'm glad they switched and made 214D useful and more necessary.

Dude, in CT, 214D is crazy useful as Nu, I wish I had learned to abuse it sooner.

I used to see Severin end most of the 3Cs that hit confirmed into 214D. For a while I thought maybe he was abusing lag and trying to get big free combo's into it. Then I realized 3C>214D is by far better than ending it with 236D(unless going into RC). 214D is amazing because if they mash tech, mash a counter, wakeup jump, etc, it lands a meterless combo for 4000+. In some cases with meter, that shit can skyrocket to 6500+.

Doesn't even matter if it doesn't land, it forces the quick wakeup for incredible oki pressure.

I think in time people will come to love 214D. Breaks a primer, go into mixup, blocked mixup can break another primer. Lambda is annoying to escape with TK's, moves bringing you into the corner, TK feints, her 4B, etc.

Going back to CT, I've been doing a lot of 3C>214D (and the occasional 236B/C out of sheer habit). I never really looked at it as an oki pressure until CS when it took a Primer. But I still only use it to help my escape rather than start a block string... I'm going to practice TKs like crazy...

Here is a question for all you Lambda stick players. What button config/setup do you use? In the arcade version there are 2 styles to pick from where you can essentially have the "Neo Geo" setup of A,B,C,D. Or you can do the reverse setup of D,A,B,C.

Which one do you use? Or do you have your own custom setup? I have been going back and forth for me to try out what I like more. I think I like the latter option more just because Lambda/Nu relies on her swords so much. However, I also like the first one because it is easier for me to setup her 214D/C and 236D/C moves.

Opinions?

Here is a question for all you Lambda stick players. What button config/setup do you use? In the arcade version there are 2 styles to pick from where you can essentially have the "Neo Geo" setup of A,B,C,D. Or you can do the reverse setup of D,A,B,C.

Which one do you use? Or do you have your own custom setup? I have been going back and forth for me to try out what I like more. I think I like the latter option more just because Lambda/Nu relies on her swords so much. However, I also like the first one because it is easier for me to setup her 214D/C and 236D/C moves.

I'm an internet scrub who uses pad.

Opinions?

Luckily Nu isn't like Carl that requires stick. TK's are pretty easy and consistent and I can move around pretty well than most Nu's on a pad or stick, I think so at least. I'm having some issues doing 236D>6C on the left side, not sure if I need a new controller or if it's me.

I have a stick under my bed, and truthfully, I'm HORRIFIED to use it. I had issues playing on the PS3 pad, could barely move and felt stiff. Dashing was a pain in the ass

Opinions?

Type-A (A,B,C,D). For me A is the least used button for her so it's on bottom row.

Type-B Stick, with thumb on the D button.

My thumb's reaction time is much faster and more precise than my fingers- so I make it do the most important job for Lambda. I don't trust my ring or my pinky to do that job.

Also, RC feels awkward doing it all the other ways.

Snip...

Also, RC feels awkward doing it all the other ways.

This. Now that I think about it, it's probably why I choose B-config.

You should intially use what makes more sense to you and feels more comfortable. No specific button setup will make any inputs easier. Just make sure once you pick a config and you've played on it for a while that you stick with it. If you switch configs after months of playing you'll only be taking a giant leap backward in terms of execution.

Luckily Nu isn't like Carl that requires stick. TK's are pretty easy and consistent and I can move around pretty well than most Nu's on a pad or stick, I think so at least. I'm having some issues doing 236D>6C on the left side, not sure if I need a new controller or if it's me.

hahaha, nah carl doesn't require a stick. I play him on the analog of a standard 360 controller. Well, atleast for me he didn't.

lol, Am I the only Nu / Lambda who uses PS3 Analog? It feels like I'm using a stick.

lol, yeah same here. the 360 analog feels like a semi stick. I can hold it in the palm of my hands, like a pad, but the analog itself is pretty much like a stick. So it's like a cross between a pad and a stick, I like that. lol I know it's not but you get the idea

I use Type-A because I find the saber loop is less awkward when the two buttons aren't next to each other.

Yeah this is my problem right here is cancelling the TK saber is a pain for me since I am currently on Type B setup. Hrmmmm. I guess more practice is just in order. Maybe I should just completely change my stick setup to a custom type that works for me. But then I would have to start learning all over again.

Granted we still have over 1 month to practice but still....

hahaha, nah carl doesn't require a stick. I play him on the analog of a standard 360 controller. Well, atleast for me he didn't.

Do you rebind D to one of the shoulder buttons or something? How can you possibly manage Carl's simultaneous attacks without being able to press D with something else at the same time?

You usually bind D - right trigger, if you're a pad Carl player.

I've heard of people actually leaving it as X/A, but I did that when I didn't have a stick, and it was fucking ridiculous.

I've never used Carl beyond story mode (and it was a struggle to beat U Hakumen).

I heard stick can be a little difficult for a lot of dashing/IAD. I do a lot of moving with Nu and most likely Lamda, so I'm a little antsy to switch to stick.

IB looks so much easier on stick, one time I started blocking with the 360 analong and it came much easier.

I'm accidentally backdashing in a corner while trying to IB, must be doing it too early :(

If you're backdashing that just means it's registering back twice instead of once, either from you hitting it too many times or from trying to IB right after blocking normally. Just be more deliberate about it. It happens to me too though.

You're not returning to neutral for long enough in between blocks. It happens a lot to me when try to IB multiple hits in a row.

Also, a stick will make IAD and dashing 100x easier, so don't be antsy about that.

IB is also easier on stick. Everything is basically.

^It makes it x100 times harder for me. ;_; Maybe one day I'll get used to it. I've always used dpad so I'm stick impaired, even on the 360's analog.

People try to learn stick, then play pad in between.

You have to decide that you're only going to play on stick for the rest of time, and just learn it.

Also, tying to Lambda, TK Crescent loop is going to be very fucking hard on pad. So is TK Crescent 5C, I believe.

People try to learn stick, then play pad in between.

You have to decide that you're only going to play on stick for the rest of time, and just learn it.

Also, tying to Lambda, TK Crescent loop is going to be very fucking hard on pad. So is TK Crescent 5C, I believe.

not really, pad or no its all the same you just need practise...

Why do people play on stick? because you would want to go japan someday right and compete in SBO ^^, no one is going to invent a usb pad for you to plug it into an arcade.

Why do people play on stick? because you would want to go japan someday right and compete in SBO ^^

Also, this.