Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

I always lean towards meterless, but if you have the heat, why not? Thanks guys.

TK combo build lots of bar so its always good to RC since you will gain at least 40% back setting up for another corner loop.

I'm beginning to get 5 TKs off a little more now. I've been training for so long both my hands and fingers hurt. These loops are almost a mini game in itself.

I played two games against the best XBL Tao player, Xdest (knows the 7k taunt loops and everything). Got beaten down bad

I have to relearn how to zone all over again, that's gonna take time. I hope I don't have issues being under so much pressure that I do the really basic and low damage combos in real matches.

I'm beginning to get 5 TKs off a little more now. I've been training for so long both my hands and fingers hurt. These loops are almost a mini game in itself.

I played two games against the best XBL Tao player, Xdest (knows the 7k taunt loops and everything). Got beaten down bad

I have to relearn how to zone all over again, that's gonna take time. I hope I don't have issues being under so much pressure that I do the really basic and low damage combos in real matches.

Its okay, tao is a bad match for lambda u need to work on using 6a to AA first ^^,

Its okay, tao is a bad match for lambda u need to work on using 6a to AA first ^^,

Yep, I knew that. Xdest was my sparring budy in CT. He's had a month to play, and I think he spent a week or two perfecting Tao's loops, so he's also got that on me. He's definitely good enough to compete with people at Arcade Infinity

Tao's blockstrings felt so tight and her shit gattles into so much, I couldn't find much room to DP or even escape the pressure

Yep, I knew that. Xdest was my sparring budy in CT. He's had a month to play, and I think he spent a week or two perfecting Tao's loops, so he's also got that on me. He's definitely good enough to compete with people at Arcade Infinity

Tao's blockstrings felt so tight and her shit gattles into so much, I couldn't find much room to DP or even escape the pressure

By the way, what is a good 6A anti air combo? The combo section has a very weak one listed, and the one they have is mislabeled, the person forgot to put CH 6A

By the way, what is a good 6A anti air combo? The combo section has a very weak one listed, and the one they have is mislabeled, the person forgot to put CH 6A

6a CH into 5c x 8 -> 6c-> dash 2dd-> 2148D -> 5dd ectera

basicly 6a will CH if u manage to AA tao drive, it rare does non counter since people use barrier and only get hit trying to attack in which 6a will CH it.

another suggesting is air dash j.c CH land 5c x 8 which will work very tao than you have 4B CH on 2a mashy tao the annoying tao ^^.

question. what's with the shift to 5c xN > 6c > dash 2dd? i much prefer whatever 5c xN > 6c > 6dd > 2dd. the timing on the 5c here needs to be more stringent, but its what worked well in CT. also, counter hit 6c doesn't wall bounce any more? (did it ever? haha.. i've already forgotten CT) it was a good setup for 6dd > 2dd etc.

I think you're forgetting that we're doing AA 6C, d.2DD so we can do tk crescent, 5DD after it.

AA with 6c? sounds like a bad idea but anyway, 6c on Ch is more of a lol attack since it has no benifit, if you have time to CH with 6c u might as well CH with act b and go into 5dd meterless into act c into corner combo.

only characters where I would use 6dd 2dd would be tager and hakumens since they have a 6c extention into optimal damage. But of course 2dd tk crescent saber is optimal highest damage which is why people do them. it is probably easier to time than 6dd which is slower >.>

6C CH you can cancel into 236C within the first 4-5 hits I think.. (if they're grounded)

I'm positive it 6C (CH) > 236C works halfway through 6C but i've never been able to get it off after 8 hits (thats probably cause im baaaaaaad though)

6C CH you can cancel into 236C within the first 4-5 hits I think.. (if they're grounded)

I'm positive it 6C (CH) > 236C works halfway through 6C but i've never been able to get it off after 8 hits (thats probably cause im baaaaaaad though)

For a 30 fame start up move? even on CH you will need additional property of that moves hit stun +/ hit stop plus to be able to combo off it.

5dd and 5c x1 CH goes into act C which is the more reliable attacks. I've never tested 6c but im guessing proration is larger.

CH 5D (not 5DD)

I meant to warp it both in CH as in 5dd/5cx1 CH. awell 6c is 90% p1 but 22 frames which is ng. side note love 5d CH into act C vs tager....

Does random sledge CH hit into large and send him hurting..

Yeah I take that back. Only on the first hit of 6C > 236C works.

Could've sworn i red beated 6c > 236c from about the 4th hit though but i guess i was mistaken.

Yeah I take that back. Only on the first hit of 6C > 236C works.

Could've sworn i red beated 6c > 236c from about the 4th hit though but i guess i was mistaken.

Yes you can red beat it, the timing is weird though. It IS possible to still combo cavalier after just a couple counter 6c gatlings. I think i got about the same number (4 hits) and it still comboed. Doesn't work with 5c though.

Yes, it is.

ah, that's good. i was shooting Hakumen out of the air with it, but i couldn't do anything afterwards. i guess i was trying to dash cancel instead. good to know i can do something out of it :)

ah, that's good. i was shooting Hakumen out of the air with it, but i couldn't do anything afterwards. i guess i was trying to dash cancel instead. good to know i can do something out of it :)

If Haku is at a medium range, if you HIT 2dd, you can 6dd, and 2dd again to pick up a combo. If 2dd wasn't jump cancelable, Lambda couldn't end her air combo's very well :sad:

If Haku blocks 2dd at medium range, you can attempt to be risky and 2dd -> 6dd -> cavalier to see if you can catch him in an air unblockable, or if you're feeling safe, you can 2dd -> 6dd -> 236d or 236dc, depending on range.

Yes you can red beat it, the timing is weird though. It IS possible to still combo cavalier after just a couple counter 6c gatlings. I think i got about the same number (4 hits) and it still comboed. Doesn't work with 5c though.

give me some situations where I'd be using 6C instead of 5C to counter stuff

You can counter IDs, Jin's C/D dp and many other DP type moves and DDs on block. What's good about 6C is that it does more damage and prorates less than 5C.

You can counter IDs, Jin's C/D dp and many other DP type moves and DDs on block. What's good about 6C is that it does more damage and prorates less than 5C.

you believe you can with a 22 frame start up attack? well its risky either way jin is in the it recoverys too quickly category while ID is a given do what you like..

However Hell fang requires 5c I believe on its follow up to fully punish however I havent tested as a punish thoroughly yet.

5c = 16 frame start up

6c= 22 frame start up

using something slower is a risk itself.

Personally I'd rather dash 5B/6B counter. Reward is just so much higher (6B > 5cx8 > 6c > 236b = 2300 damage..) and theres really not much skin off your back if you time it wrong and they block as you can just go into mix-ups. Obv 5c(ch) > 236c is better though.

Outside of combos I don't think 6c is really that great.

You can punish Reversals with 236B as well and get lots off that. Especially with the right positioning.

Also does 6C really prorate less than 5C?

I hit training mode a while ago

6C > 236C - 236C did 821 damage

5C > 236C - 236C did 843 damage..