Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

Hello,

I Sub Lambda and i dont want to waste my time finding stuff in training mode. Does lambda as a reset?

not that I can think of. In the corner you can sometimes do a sneaky 214D to catch forward/back rolls but not much else.

Does anyone have the colour chart for Lambda, including the DLC colours? For some reason I'm actually having a hard time finding it.

The closest things to resets are 4B and a badly spaced 236A/B/C. They shouldn't even really count since the resets are so specific that an enemy should be able to react to what it's doing anyway AND the resets would have to come at the beginning of her combos.

She's better sticking to 214D knockdown shenanigans but 236B is for the people who don't pay attention, 236A is for overly defensive/slow players, and 236C is for eating primers.

As for that color chart: we didn't make one for DLC. I think I remember a normal one being made at the beginning of CS1.

Curious, is there any way to combo into Lambda's AH without getting a purple throw? Actually I don't even know how to combo in it with a purple throw.

In CS2, throws do not count as purple after guard crush, so that's a legit setup for it. In CS1 however, it's always purple after guard crush, thereby stealing the only way you could land it outside a tick throw.

Also, it's easy to get a purple Astral Heat, you just have to do it immediately after your tick attack lands, or try to throw them while they're being hit by Sickle Storm.

Curious, is there any way to combo into Lambda's AH without getting a purple throw? Actually I don't even know how to combo in it with a purple throw.

Can't combo into ordinary throws like Hazama's 236C or Tager's grapple moves.

In CS1, the normal way to Astral is to do a standard combo/blockstring that would normally use a 236B. Feint the 236B with a 236A and do the Astral. There's no sure fire way it would work since this would only catch people who have bad reaction skills. But if you get the super flash before your opponent reacts, you win- no Distortion or normal has a fast enough startup to hit Lambda out of it.

But like what Xie says about CS2, it can work clean after Guard Crushes.

Hello yellow!

I will still probably be keeping Lambdude as a secondary to deal with certain characters like Tager and maybe Dorakune, so who are the boss Lambdude players now?

Now that Goro isn't in the building I guess, what's a guy to do?

Hi, I'm a new player that likes Lambda but I keep hearing that she is unbalanced and cheap; Is this true? If so what moves shouldI not do in order to even the match-up?

As a random side note I like how in Guilty Gear they had a character that looks like Jehuty(Justice) from Zone of the Enders and in Blazblue they have a character that looks like Anubis from Zone of the Enders(Nu/Lamda).

I also found a video that I think is good, Is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFFifKKELfg

unbalanced and cheap;

This is the same as players saying Tager is overpowered. It is a complete falsehood.

The people who make these kinds of comments simply do not know how to deal with Lambda's zoning and would apparently rather complain about it than learn. Once you fight players that are familiar with Lambda, you will find that zoning becomes far more difficult and is nowhere near "cheap."

The video is from CT, and Nu was a lot stronger than Lambda is. "Unbalanced" was not necessarily an inaccurate assessment there. Lambda is not a top tier character, though. She has a few good matchups but she also has some very poor matchups (Hazama, Bang, Litchi.)

They are different characters with rather different playstyles. Mu isn't a replacement. Blah blah story crap; I'd encourage you to experience it for yourself in story mode.

Mu has a much better melee game than Lambda does. Zoning is part of her play, but it isn't a huge portion of it like Lambda's is. I'd jog on over to the Mu forums if you were interested in her at all.

So iwas a really big haz player but I have really taken a liking to lambda. I have a question about her crescent and canceling it. For some reason I couldn't find the info I needed. When doing the j.dd > j.2dd> is it possible to crescent cancel and then go back to j.2dd>j.dd> 214d? I have seen vids of people doing some seriously long Air combos.

I guess my next question is how I can hit that cancel if it's possible. I have tried to do this from the crescent cancel to get to j.2dd or even j.dd but I just can't seem to get it to link. Any help would be appreciated.

So iwas a really big haz player but I have really taken a liking to lambda. I have a question about her crescent and canceling it. For some reason I couldn't find the info I needed. When doing the j.dd > j.2dd> is it possible to crescent cancel and then go back to j.2dd>j.dd> 214d? I have seen vids of people doing some seriously long Air combos.

I guess my next question is how I can hit that cancel if it's possible. I have tried to do this from the crescent cancel to get to j.2dd or even j.dd but I just can't seem to get it to link. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't know if you know this, but in CS2 combos they aren't actually hitting with j214D and comboing after it. If they cancel into and from it, they used j214D~C followup, which cancels the attack...

Hope this helps.

So iwas a really big haz player but I have really taken a liking to lambda. I have a question about her crescent and canceling it. For some reason I couldn't find the info I needed. When doing the j.dd > j.2dd> is it possible to crescent cancel and then go back to j.2dd>j.dd> 214d? I have seen vids of people doing some seriously long Air combos. I guess my next question is how I can hit that cancel if it's possible. I have tried to do this from the crescent cancel to get to j.2dd or even j.dd but I just can't seem to get it to link. Any help would be appreciated.
I've tried this before and i believe you can only crescent feint from the first j.d into another j.d then finnish the combo as you normally would and the only trick to it is immediatley pressing D after the feint.

Lambda is a very, very balanced character. Her performance is really based on the player.

Nah, lambda is unbalanced in a bad way. Top tier characters just roll over her so bad.

Nah, lambda is unbalanced in a bad way. Top tier characters just roll over her so bad.
lambda is a zoning character and as such is balanced the problem is that several top tier characters have excelent mobility wich naturally overcomes zoning this combined with their damage, safeness, etc. makes for very tough matches so its not so much shes not a good character its more about the top tiers being unbalanced. Even nu would find cs tao, bang, and haz diffucult.

^^ nah, with Nu's parser (or whatever it was called), she could easily escape pressure. that, and 2c beat out like everything.

The good old days...I miss them sometimes. Now I have to learn how to block.

Don't know if you know this, but in CS2 combos they aren't actually hitting with j214D and comboing after it. If they cancel into and from it, they used j214D~C followup, which cancels the attack...

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah it's the feint. You can't combo afterthe ender, not from what I can tell at least. It seems the feint recombo just requires really tight execution. That is what I'm really having trouble with and also when to do it. I heard that you can do it arou d the 9th hit because otherwise the proration eats the combo up.