Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

Info quoted from HERE.

The latest edits are BOLD.

These are by no means final, the devs are still tweaking the game between each loketest. So don't go suicidal as you read these nerfs, k? :vbang:

Directly from the Loketest(26/09/09) thread:

Λ-11-

- range got shortened

- 2C is slow

- combo damage nerfed (2700-3400)

- new move Act Parser Zwei, Act Parser Zwei: Blade, Act Parser Zwei: Cavalier

- Act Parser Zwei is basically Jin's 214 move

- DD>4DD>236D doesn't combo, even DD>4DD doesn't combo

- No more special voice against Ragna (Sandybelle: T_T)

- No more raping Tager and Hakumen

- 5D is slower, throw>5D does not combo

- 214D goes further in the horizontal direction

- opponent can immediately tech after J214D hit (like Jin's 214B)

- 236D changes to the move where appears in the certain range and lasts for about 3-4hits

- 5dd and 4dd no longer jump cancellable.

- 2dd still jump cancellable.

- 5dd > sickle combos.

- act pulsr A- forward movement special. The old act pulsr

- act pulsr B- forward movement attack special. low hit, combo from 5dd ok.

- act pulsr C-forward movement attack special. Not sure high or low. can combo into 2dd (probably launches then).

- all act pulsr does not appear to have upper body invincibility.

- D is in general smaller hitbox.

- 3c is slower.

- 5dd > 4dd combos on crouching opponent.

- D attack doesn't combo to 236D in general

- opponent floats higher after gravity seed hits, gravity>6A does not work

- 236236D is shorter

- J214DC cancel is faster

From some other forum, I think:

Λ-11 (Lambda 11) is v-13 with a new CPU brain.

Λ-11 gets negative penalty much faster now, 3 ~ 4 backdashes she gets the warning.

Standing C: doesn't hit opponent from behind, everything else is the same

↓C: slower start up, changed from 10 to 11 frames, damage & scaling didn't change

↘C: techable now

Standing D: slower start up, attack distance shorten, DD doesn't link to ←DD and not jump cancelable anymore

←D: not jump cancelable anymore

↓↙←A (Act Parser Zwei): replaced old Act Parser, travels forward and doesn't attack, has a longer recovery.

↓↙←B (Act Parser Zwei: Blade): similar to old Act Parser travels forward then does a low attack, can link from DD but it's not easy to do combo afterward

↓↙←C (Act Parser Zwei: Cavalier): similar to old Act Parser travels forward then does a launching attack, removes a guard primer point, an important combo patch.

↓↙←D: travels further in horizontal direction, takes away a guard point primer on block.

↓↘→D: 4~5 hit attack appears in front of Λ-11, advantage on block and able to do combo on hit. Besides the initial hit, the rest are not low attacks.

↓↘→DC: 4~5 hit attack appears 3~4 characters away from Λ-11, advantage on block and able to do combo on hit. Besides the initial hit, the rest are not low attacks.

Air ↓↙←D©: techable now and still an overhead.

Impression: Λ-11 does less damage? Yeah sure:

↓↙←D > dash ↓DD > →C > ↓↙←C > ↓DD > JDD> jc> JDD > J↓↙←D [5300pt]

backthrow > ↓DD > →C > ↓↙←C > ↓DD > JDD> jc> JDD > J↓↙←D [4000pt]

Λ-11's combo damage got nerfed due to property changes in ↘C / J↓↙←D, ↓↙←C is used to bring back some of the damage so she is still capable to do 4~5k combo. Most of her attacks are slower but only by a frame or two. Actually her new sickle storm works simliar to Eddie's ↓↓S/HS so it has a lot of potential with frame advantage on block and more combo friendly. You just can't spam her DD > ←DD that's all.

Also, word is that Lambda is part of sector seven. I think that's a pretty good buff.

-----------------------------------

Loketest 3-4 October. All this info is from the thread in:

- 2C start-up adjusted again. Not sure to what though.

- 6D more block stun +10F (seriously?)

- 6D is slower.

- 5dd > pulsr B/C no longer combo

- 3C and 2B seems to have halved range

- Air dash distance and speed decrease

- backdash distance decrease.

- D moves have more start-up and more block stun (not sure if it's compared to previous loc test or previous game)

- C moves are slower, less damage. (SB: Again? or is this redundant?)

- 2C is about ragna's 6a (in damage potential I think), start-up is 70% (I don't get this, so is it faster or slower by 30%?)

- Gravity field didn't change. Gravity gauge added. takes 300F to charge to full.

- Sickle still good damage and offensive tool

- No backwards pulsr.

- air overhead has more untechability than lec test 1

------------------------------

Loketest 3: 10-12 October 2009. All this info is from the loketest thread.

Nothing yet, i think.

Loketest 4: 24/25 October 09.

Nu:

- Tk crescent and crescent cancel still works.

- Gravity gauge recharges in 5 seconds (may be off).

- C moves have shorter range but are faster than previous.

throw is 1k (forward and back), air throw is 2k (No change).

Loketest 31st oct to 1st nov:

nu:

- act pulsr has upper body invincibility (not attribute invincibility), can use in the air (whoa what?), when used in the air can land on the ground instantly (Going to need video footage most likely. Lack of info and general wtf?)

- crescent has height limitation.

- legacy can only be comboed from 5D

- can use gravity field like a DP.

VIDEOS:

Loketest 10/3-4

Lamb vs Bang

Loketest 10/10-12

Lamb vs Jin

Lamb vs Carl (followed by Carl vs Rawrgna)

What do you guys think?

Personally, I am looking forward to playing a nerfed Nu that hopefully will not get me instantly scorned by everyone else.

On another note, what should we call her now?

range got shortened

ofcourse....

2C is slow bad realy bad realy realy bad

combo damage nerfed ofcourse...

Act Parser ZweiNeed to see and play with new-nu first

DD>4DD>236D doesn't combo, even DD>4DD doesn't comboI can live with that 5DD->any move is good enough

No more raping Tager and Hakumen damm...

214D goes further in the horizontal direction sounds good

opponent can immediately tech after J214D hit (like Jin's 214B)

worst thing yet IMO

236D changes to the move where appears in the certain range and lasts for about 3-4hits

need to see it

What the hell does "move where appears in the certain range" mean.

New act parser is apparently like ice car. :O

Overall, what I expected, with some surprises.

As long as we keep 6A I'm ok with 2C nerf.

On another note, what should we call her now?

Nu freeman.

Slower 2C and j214D nerf are my biggest concerns. Also 214D~C goes all the way anyway, I don't see the point of this unless 214D~C has a new effect. I liked my DD > 4DD > 236D/TKed CS. Now I bet the combo will involve act zweing instead of 4DD. Also 4DD was sort of useless outside of that combo due to it's slow startup time.

I don't care for the re-balance or anything like that. They completely killed Nu off- that lovable hugable multi-personality psycho that made me stay with her character. This "Lambda" doesn't even want to hug Ragna anymore; no more sexual references and no more hilarious or funny pictures of her that downplays all the hate for her. As far as I know, she's completely emotionless and unexciting. I'm going to miss her, though. Goodbye hugs!

Maybe Lambda is tsundere. :v: :rams sword into Ragna: "It's not like I like you or anything. This is just fate."

I'm sure Lambda will come around to Ragna eventually. Every female in the game has at one point or another, whether it's in gameplay or story mode (Or both). That is, if Ragna doesn't annihilate her in this game. Imagine that, every game the Nu/Lambda character gets destroyed and replaced with a similar yet completely different gameplay wise character. How fun would that be to main?

Actually, the D nerfs don't phase me that much at all since I was more physically inclined as a Nu, cooldown extension sounds bad though. However, the 2C sounds extremely scary for their singular option combos like C>2C>6C>236D or 2C>jC>j2C>djC>dj2C>214D. If there are no other detectable changes, then that means NuLamb will not have any stable combos or setups for combos. And Sword Car doesn't sound sexy since everyone discovered that Ice Cars suck on block and Gales were the true rape of Jin. Unless of course Sword Car knocks the opponent straight down so 2B can knock them up for the 2C- wait, that doesn't work anymore.

According to Suzaku, Lambda (or Lamb-chan as some call her), is working for Sector 7, so maybe she and Tager are in tandem now or something...and with Haku-men in tow... SUPER COMBINE SEQUENCE ACTIVATED! [/Mecha-Otaku Kokonoe] So how exactly are her D's supposed to work now that she can't zone with more than 2 sets? 5DD 4DD 236D no longer works. I hope this isn't a permanent nerf and they think of something else. I loved my DD juggles.

Actually, the D nerfs don't phase me that much at all since I was more physically inclined as a Nu, cooldown extension sounds bad though. However, the 2C sounds extremely scary for their singular option combos like C>2C>6C>236D or 2C>jC>j2C>djC>dj2C>214D. If there are no other detectable changes, then that means NuLamb will not have any stable combos or setups for combos.

And Sword Car doesn't sound sexy since everyone discovered that Ice Cars suck on block and Gales were the true rape of Jin. Unless of course Sword Car knocks the opponent straight down so 2B can knock them up for the 2C- wait, that doesn't work anymore.

Well you already answer most of your question 2c is slow but the level of b and A attacks haven't changed, they simple want to enforce the idea of her other normals. e.g. 2b 2c or 5b 2c, unless 2c is like 17 frames..

even noel 5b-> 5c is a block string at best This is what it implies rather mindless. The real issue is AA where 2c was effective i such a means, although I would be sad to see 2b 2c pick up gone if the attack is too slow.

LV0 LV1 LV2 LV3 LV4 LV5

Standing Hit 10 12 14 17 19 21

Crouching Hit 12 14 16 19 21 23

5B and 2b are lvl 2 and lvl 1 respectively, assuming 2c has a 16 frame start this would mean it will only combo on crouching hence lamb-chan player will need to hit confirm stance after 5b, although there isn't any real gain forcing lamb players to hit confirm position state.

According to Suzaku, Lambda (or Lamb-chan as some call her), is working for Sector 7, so maybe she and Tager are in tandem now or something...and with Haku-men in tow...

SUPER COMBINE SEQUENCE ACTIVATED!

[/Mecha-Otaku Kokonoe]

So how exactly are her D's supposed to work now that she can't zone with more than 2 sets?

5DD 4DD 236D no longer works.

I hope this isn't a permanent nerf and they think of something else. I loved my DD juggles.

just hope that 5dd 2dd is now a staple in combo into 6c or jc j2c ^^, lol can people see lamb-chan is more skill now. In affect people won't care as long as she is TT only time can tell. beside that we have to look at the new act puslar combo although playing lamb-chan will be more risky now as intended.

Throw combo, while there is mention that 5DD is slow, can we use throw -> 2DD instead?

If 6a is unchanged, we can still dash 6a 6c.

Also, this is only the first loketest, expect her final version to be different. Jeez guys.

Hey and there's always dash 3C 214B :3

if they did all of that to Nu then her close range pokes/priorities need to be slightly better to compensate for the fact that she doesnt have real combos that are ranged.

if they did all of that to Nu then her close range pokes/priorities need to be slightly better to compensate for the fact that she doesnt have real combos that are ranged.

what to say? It basicly nerfting alot of scrub nu players that D- spam with litttle reliance on melee or just prefer to run...

One thing Im curious about is the guard libra system 3 stock and low health, that doesn't sound pleasent and worst off everyone can burst twice. There isn't a need to damage nerft if people can burst lots like in gg.

no 44 act pulsar? so we can only dash forward? lol, I wonder what people are going to do now ^^,

what to say? It basicly nerfting alot of scrub nu players that D- spam with litttle reliance on melee or just prefer to run...

One thing Im curious about is the guard libra system 3 stock and low health, that doesn't sound pleasent and worst off everyone can burst twice. There isn't a need to damage nerft if people can burst lots like in gg.

no 44 act pulsar? so we can only dash forward? lol, I wonder what people are going to do now ^^,

act pulsar forward, pretty simple

Apparently j. 214 D~C is faster. So a buff I guess? She seems to have more focus put on using act parcer for pressure and mix-up shenanigans. I hope she's still at least somewhat like a zoner though.

Nerfing D spammers? Like Nu's D is excessively broken? I never had a problem destroying someone who played Nu thinking D spamming is victory. That's with me playing any character. If you want to show people how to not D spam as Nu, throw a Tager at them who likes to Sledgehammer through every D move ever, Tagers can even sledgehammer and block directly after it, making it almost impossible to hit them with projectiles unless it is 236D (which low block, hi). If anything, Nu's real key to victory are the C moves.

Tagers can even sledgehammer and block directly after it,

This is a lie.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this new version of Nu. I mained Nu when the arcade first came out and I might pick her up again. All really depends on how she plays though. Can't wait :D

Updates, albeit late, also from the updates thread: Nu: 5dd and 4dd no longer jump cancellable. 2dd still jump cancellable. 5dd > sickle combos. act pulsr A- forward movement special. The old act pulsr act pulsr B- forward movement attack special. low hit, combo from 5dd ok. act pulsr C-forward movement attack special. Not sure high or low. can combo into 2dd (probably launches then). all act pulsr does not appear to have upper body invincibility. ------------ Right, um, 5/4DD not being jump cancellable is most concerning to me out of these. For a second there I thought I could use 5DD > j2DD > 214D/~C It's all around troublesome. On another note, being part of sector seven is an instant buff in awesomeness, but seems to be in exchange for a nerf.

More info from the updates thread: D is in general smaller hitbox. 3c is slower. 5dd > 4dd combos on crouching opponent. Wow, nu sure is getting bombarded.

Nu: 2c is 13-15F ish.

3c 11F ish.

kurekyan (?, is that that the air overhead?) 21F ish

air throw rc > 6C>2DD>JDD>JDDJ2DD... does 4.3k

Voice is more solemn.

Overall movement seems slower

I don't know how the guy got the frame data so don't take that as accurate yet.

13-15Fs ain't too bad. Just slightly slower than 6A.

Probably still good for anti-air, though changed so that it isn't spammable for counterhits.

I played Nina in Tekken 5. They nerfed her in 5.1 and T5DR but she could still be effective. Its probably the same concept with Nu. My one concern is that I love the character already story wise. So why the heck are we changing her name? Is she just a different character all together? This......I do not like.