Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

More info from the updates thread:

D is in general smaller hitbox.

3c is slower.

5dd > 4dd combos on crouching opponent.

Wow, nu sure is getting bombarded.

About time.

3c crosses me up every friggan time.

About time.

3c crosses me up every friggan time.

It is probably the wrong word since there is nothing ambiguous about it. You either block low or you don't. With the new nerf to Nu i wonder if Nu player can be treated as having skills? The consensus is there are more scrubs in BB than real players.

5DD> 4DD combo on crouching. I'm guessing 5dd has lost its staggering effect which allowed for around 32 frames to combo into 4dd. Act pulsar combo using the old one is not possible unless you use the new version of act pulsar. As such act forward and only forward is most likely going to be negative and everyone will know you can only dash forward so get ready to be spammed by people with fast lights.

With the new nerf to Nu i wonder if Nu player can be treated as having skills?

God I hope so. Right now it's difficult for Nu players that DO have skills.

Such as myself

Honestly I'm not too thrilled on these changes and also the whole lambda instead of nu, however have to actually play the game and see what happens before you can really make any true judgments.

Oi why did they remove the whole rabu rabu thing going on between Ragna and Nu? I really liked that when I fought her =(

Reading this thread depresses me. I'm okay with slight nerfing but this is just ridiculous. I'll still stick it though and main Lambda. I mean, she's a robot loli after all.

this sucks ass that they killed Nu, fuq a lambda, she better atleast still say Jouta Henko and Kohtai wen she BD, but as far as gameplay, seems we'll have 2 just step our zonin up to gdlk level because 3 gaurd things and possible 5k health is gonna b ggs if u aint smart, allz i know is this damn lambda character better have Nu original move sounds or else fuq her 4realz

When I told people of how bad they were nerfing Nu, the majority of the responses I heard were "GOOD!", "THAT BITCH FINALLY GOT WHAT SHE DESERVES", and "YOU MEAN THE GAME IS PLAYABLE AGAIN?" It kinda made me cry on the inside.

this sucks ass that they killed Nu, fuq a lambda, she better atleast still say Jouta Henko and Kohtai wen she BD, but as far as gameplay, seems we'll have 2 just step our zonin up to gdlk level because 3 gaurd things and possible 5k health is gonna b ggs if u aint smart, allz i know is this damn lambda character better have Nu original move sounds or else fuq her 4realz

5k health thing is false.

As it is with many other character threads, just wait for the next loc test.

We might even have gotten off lightly, especially compared to rachel and jin.

The new act pulsr might even give us a few neat things to play around with.

^ That. I get the feeling the new act pulsar will be superior to Jin's musou, especially since there are three different versions of it. The opponent will have to guess between a B or C zwei or an A zwei.

I am sticking with my lolibot, but may abandon Tager (Because he isn't gigantic anymore) for Michael "Hazama" Jackson.

When I told people of how bad they were nerfing Nu, the majority of the responses I heard were "GOOD!", "THAT BITCH FINALLY GOT WHAT SHE DESERVES", and "YOU MEAN THE GAME IS PLAYABLE AGAIN?" It kinda made me cry on the inside.

Received about the same same ones. I actually announced it as "Nu will be removed from the game.", you can only imagine the party that went on afterward only to ruin it with her being replaced by her clone, Lambda, which will be an immensely nerfed version.

You obviously didn't see what they did to Rachel.

I like lambda personally. Blond hair makes her less generic looking to me.

The nerfs sound pretty bad but it looks more like they took out most of her keep away game and are making player focus a bit more on her other capabilities.

She also looks thinner, but maybe that's just me. I hope she keeps the pink suit and blonde hair colour scheme. That colour is fabulous. I'm just glad that the got rid of her stupid moe voice.

hmm well if u think keepaway is nerfed then yea i guess 5k is false, but i still rather have Nu, blonde hair is a B color selection away lol, idk if i'll stick to Nu... o wait, this aint Nu, they coulda just nerfed her but kept her Nu tho lol, gameplay wise, i feel AS OF NOW from what was mentioned , it aint all that bad, i mean the stuff they did was justified and expected, i just want my sounds lol, that was part of thd reason i mained her, if she don't got that, no matter how good /bad she get i cant see myself mainin lambda, infact im actually considering unmaining Nu in BBCT lol

Personally, I think a lot of these changes were smart. Slower c attacks, non-jcable 5d/4d, and smaller sword hitbox were the things that I wanted to see most. 5dd not comboing into 4dd on standing opponents is consistent with everyone else's overhead attacks. Attack-based mixups involving act pulsar is a good incentive for implementing a close range game. I won't say anything about range and damage potential until more info is released, but they are on the right track.

- 236D changes to the move where appears in the certain range and lasts for about 3-4hits

I still have no idea what the hell this means.

Personally, I think a lot of these changes were smart. Slower c attacks, non-jcable 5d/4d, and smaller sword hitbox were the things that I wanted to see most. 5dd not comboing into 4dd on standing opponents is consistent with everyone else's overhead attacks. Attack-based mixups involving act pulsar is a good incentive for implementing a close range game.

I won't say anything about range and damage potential until more info is released, but they are on the right track.

Lol, have you see ragna combo'ing from low into overhead? While it somewhat prove challengingfor people to block a 30 frame low it purpose was essential combo rather a sneaky overhead... i don't think competent people actually fell for them.

Non-jcable 5d/4D i can semi accept due cresent saber whiff cancel into more pressure Although the idea was thing.

Fast C attack aint unheard off before, like Robo-Ky 5hs or dizzy 2hs, although you can argue there wasn't enough recovery time implemented for a good move. essential 2c is an AA which needs to have a good degree of start up to be able to beat Aerial attacks.

there is one thing Im cheering for, no backwards act pulsar.. As seem in some of reberia(?) vids 6c Ch in corner back dash (normal) into 6a tk creasent saber looks quite awesome.

there is one thing Im cheering for, no backwards act pulsar.. As seem in some of reberia(?) vids 6c Ch in corner back dash (normal) into 6a tk creasent saber looks quite awesome.

I... seriously can't imagine that. You mean 6C ch act pulsr forward> 6A?

I... seriously can't imagine that. You mean 6C ch act pulsr forward> 6A?

illustration.

--------- x o (Corner)

X= nu

o= poor hakumen

Imagine what happens when you 6c on air or CH in the corner.

It is very hard to combo since they will fly to far with wallbounce At best I can see scrubtacal 2c pick up. But imagine normal backdash catching it fast enough at the right distance into 2c or 6a.

Inc generic statement: Sucky people will still suck regardless of what character they play. That's the cold truth that scrubs can't seem to understand.

Personally, I think a lot of these changes were smart. Slower c attacks, non-jcable 5d/4d, and smaller sword hitbox were the things that I wanted to see most. 5dd not comboing into 4dd on standing opponents is consistent with everyone else's overhead attacks. Attack-based mixups involving act pulsar is a good incentive for implementing a close range game.

I won't say anything about range and damage potential until more info is released, but they are on the right track.

That doesn't sound half bad as I play on the physical side, but how does the new Act Parser work? Is it like a Nu Act Parser where it can only be used after certain moves or can this new Act Parser be usable anytime?

And if it's really like Ice Car like I've been hearing then what is the worst case scenario of punishment? A moves, grabs, and DPs? Not that it's a smart thing to be used outside of combos, but maybe it can be a good punishing move.

Inc generic statement: Sucky people will still suck regardless of what character they play.

That's the cold truth that scrubs can't seem to understand.

Word word