Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

so this is all true...Lambda replaces Nu? well I can't say I was a big fan of Nu or will be of Lambda. I wonder why are they replacing her. Is CS taking place after CT? I really like beating the crap out of Nu with ragna and she'd cutely say "do you hate me ragna" it was the best...after all you know...swords...too many. Also how do you think they will introduce her...I mean this guy was destroying branches and 11 is before 13 .

Lambda is supposed to be working with sector seven now. My theory is that Kokonoe found her body discarded in some dump, and took her to the lab, reactivated and reprogrammed her. And knowing Kokonoe, she'd probably add a few of her own modifications as well. I'll bet my money on that.

Some in-depth reports from the loke test. http://s1.zetaboards.com/blazblue/topic/2339886/1/#new

Λ-11 (Lambda 11) is v-13 with a new CPU brain.

Λ-11 gets negative penalty much faster now, 3 ~ 4 backdashes she gets the warning.

Standing C: doesn't hit opponent from behind, everything else is the same

↓C: slower start up, changed from 10 to 11 frames, damage & scaling didn't change

↘C: techable now

Standing D: slower start up, attack distance shorten, DD doesn't link to ←DD and not jump cancelable anymore

←D: not jump cancelable anymore

↓↙←A (Act Parser Zwei): replaced old Act Parser, travels forward and doesn't attack, has a longer recovery.

↓↙←B (Act Parser Zwei: Blade): similar to old Act Parser travels forward then does a low attack, can link from DD but it's not easy to do combo afterward

↓↙←C (Act Parser Zwei: Cavalier): similar to old Act Parser travels forward then does a launching attack, removes a guard primer point, an important combo patch.

↓↙←D: travels further in horizontal direction, takes away a guard point primer on block.

↓↘→D: 4~5 hit attack appears in front of Λ-11, advantage on block and able to do combo on hit. Besides the initial hit, the rest are not low attacks.

↓↘→DC: 4~5 hit attack appears 3~4 characters away from Λ-11, advantage on block and able to do combo on hit. Besides the initial hit, the rest are not low attacks.

Air ↓↙←D©: techable now and still an overhead.

Impression: Λ-11 does less damage? Yeah sure:

↓↙←D > dash ↓DD > →C > ↓↙←C > ↓DD > JDD> jc> JDD > J↓↙←D [5300pt]

backthrow > ↓DD > →C > ↓↙←C > ↓DD > JDD> jc> JDD > J↓↙←D [4000pt]

Λ-11's combo damage got nerfed due to property changes in ↘C / J↓↙←D, ↓↙←C is used to bring back some of the damage so she is still capable to do 4~5k combo. Most of her attacks are slower but only by a frame or two. Actually her new sickle storm works simliar to Eddie's ↓↓S/HS so it has a lot of potential with frame advantage on block and more combo friendly. You just can't spam her DD > ←DD that's all.

All in all, not too bad. We could still do damage and getting eddie's drills? Yes please. :toot:

Updated the first thread.. So, since 214D now goes further down the screen (What 214D~C used to do) What does the new 214D~C do now? Or did they remove it at all? I am sure I saw it on the new technique list... Could it be that the vertical range is increased when we do that?

2C start-up adjusted again. Not sure to what though.

6D more block stun +10F (seriously?)

5dd > pulsr B/C no longer combo

3C and 2B seems to have halved range

Air dash distance and speed decrease

backdash distance decrease.

Get hype.

I edited the first thread with two new batches of updates. So they want 5DD > 236D to be the staple, eh? It sure sounds like that to me. Maybe the 5DD > pulsr combo depends on the range?? 3C range reduction I can understand, but why 2B?

According to the "Nu" video posted recently, (Bang vs Lambda), It looks like her D's range got adjusted to where it starts farther and ends the same as the old game. The 5DD, 4DD combo looks like it works (unblockable) on CH. Calamity Sword might also be longer (even though the transparent part in the old game still hit). Pulsar B looks like a fast 3C. Guard Primer also regenerates 1 about every 8 seconds so the low primer doesn't sound too bad (who's going to Gale someone 3 times in 8 seconds?) I never heard her loketest play sucking (though a low level Lambda went toe to toe against a low level Bang, the supposed top tier of the testing) , so these balances don't seem bad. As long as she has some reasonable combo potential for her in high level competitive play, then I don't care about the nerfs; just give her back some personality for the story.

At 2:35, it looks like gravity well no longer needs OTG state to float? Or is it just off a counter? Though the counter sign didn't come out. Zwei pulsr C seems to have a huge to air hitbox. O_O

They gave gravity a special meter. Gravity never was so overpowered imo. Maybe they gave it a new effect while balancing it with a meter.

They gave gravity a special meter. Gravity never was so overpowered imo. Maybe they gave it a new effect while balancing it with a meter.

Hmm parry? It looks like parry or something like that. There is a frame you can freeze on while Lambda already executing 214A and in the same frame Bang hits her and she flashes in azure (maybe its a white color but in youtube it looks like azure). 2 frames later Lam's 214A connects.

Looks cool.

To me it looked more like either an instant block or just some super armor as opposed to an automatic parry, although YouTube quality makes me quite unsure of either answer.

Lambda is supposed to be working with sector seven now.

My theory is that Kokonoe found her body discarded in some dump, and took her to the lab, reactivated and reprogrammed her. And knowing Kokonoe, she'd probably add a few of her own modifications as well.

I'll bet my money on that.

cause I like kokonoe she should interact more with the characters. She probably controls tager the way the player does.

In the video there is a dragon punch move at 4:00 (at least i think it is). Nobody saw that? Well I'm glad she has one because when the opponent get you it's a pain.

That's one of her new act parsers. Which looks like a kinda long range dragon punch move. Not sure of the practicality up close.

That's one of her new act parsers.

Which looks like a kinda long range dragon punch move. Not sure of the practicality up close.

Oh, i didn't notice the teleport since the camera is centered on Bang.

Mmmh... i don't think it can be used against pressure, but it seems good to catch the opponent off guard.

Λ-11

Λ-11 (Lambda 11) is v-13 with a new CPU brain.

*Λ-11 gets negative penalty much faster now, 3 ~ 4 backdashes she gets the warning.

*Air dash and back dash are slower and travel less distance.

Standing C: doesn't hit opponent from behind, everything else is the same

↓B: shorter range.

↓C: slower start up, changed from 10 to 11 frames, more scaling

↘C: slower start up, shorter range, last hit juggles opponent a bit higher.

Standing D: slower start up, attack distance shorten, DD only links to ←DD on crouching hit, and not jump cancelable anymore.

←D: not jump cancelable anymore

→D: much longer recovery time.

Jump B: slower start up.

Jump ↓ D: not jump cancalable.

Act Parser: replaced by the following moves.

↓↘→A (Act Parser Zwei): travels forward and doesn't attack, has a longer recovery, has no invinicibility and doesn't go through opponent.

↓↘→B (Act Parser Zwei: Blade)

travels forward then does a low attack that blasts opponent away, can link from ↘C and →C.

↓↘→C (Act Parser Zwei: Cavalier)

↓↘→C blocked:

↓↘→C hit:

travels forward then does a launching attack, removes a guard primer point, an important combo patch.

↓↙← + A/B/C: added gravity meter, can not use another gravity field until the meter fills up, meter recovers very slow (more than 10sec), opponent floats higher after gravity seed hits thus it doesn't link into →A.

↓↙←D: travels further in horizontal direction, takes away a guard point primer on block and two on maximum charge.

↓↘→D: 4~5 hit attack appears in front of Λ-11, advantage on block and able to do combo on hit. Besides the initial hit, the rest are not low attacks.

↓↘→DC:

4~5 hit attack appears 3~4 characters away from Λ-11, advantage on block and able to do combo on hit. Besides the initial hit, the rest are not low attacks.

Air ↓↙←D©: easier to tech and still an overhead.

Combo list

Throw > dash B > ↓C > ~

Throw > DD > 2DD > →C > ↓↘→C > ~

→B > C xn > →C > ↓↘→C > ~

↘C > ↓↙←A > ↓C > JC > J↓C > J↓↙←D > land ↓DD > JDD > J↓DD > J↓↙←D [2600pt]

↓C CH > →C > ↓DD > J↓C > JC > J2C > J↓↙←D [2400pt]

Impression: ↘C and J↓↙←D are much better in the second location test but damage nerf got further as well. You can't abuse Gravity Seed (↓↙← + A/B/C) as before with the 10 seconds restriction. ↓↘→C still plays an important part of Λ-11's combo. We will have to wait for the players to find out the possible follow up in this weekend.

Holy shit, the damage nerf seems to be pretty wack.

From throw you can still DD but it's followed up with 2DD after. Which you follow up with 6C and zwei C. Sounds sexy. New act parser seems to be command dash that doesn't need to be cancelled from soemthing too.

Looking forward to see what the followups for 236D are.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wx3016#p/u/1/4k5DJAoeViY

So we get to see more of how lamby wil play like in CS.

One strange thing is the her new 236D move seems to hit neesan like a physical attack. Either it has physical properties rather than projectile properties or they changed neesan's projectile guard-points (or soemthing like that).

New act parser seems hot.

Carl's projectile is pretty crazy too.

Her airthrow seems pretty buffed. 2k off it. o_o

Is it just me or is her 214D faster?

Her "Nu" Act Parser can be used anytime. Love the Act Parser C because it hits pretty high in the air (Anti-Air). Use it to hit a retreating opponent or an opponent who wants to try and approach like in the Carl video. Also, her Gravity recharge takes 16 seconds now.

Act parcer does look sick. I can see A and B version used for mix up. A for throw and B for hit. Is it safe on block though?

When I told people of how bad they were nerfing Nu, the majority of the responses I heard were "GOOD!", "THAT BITCH FINALLY GOT WHAT SHE DESERVES", and "YOU MEAN THE GAME IS PLAYABLE AGAIN?" It kinda made me cry on the inside.

wow. that's lame. those are the kind of people that will still lose to A-11 when this trash character come stateside. but then they will have no excuses...

Inc generic statement: Sucky people will still suck regardless of what character they play.

That's the cold truth that scrubs can't seem to understand.

yep. and a lot of the same people who whine about Nu will still have issues with lambda, since most likely, thier character will also be nerfed. ggs.:yaaay:

The reason i picked her up was because of the mixups from cresenat saber and the many ways you can jump cancel and mix things up. this is mostly gone now. the combos from actparcer C is sick tho. that thing can hit you even after you double jump! I'm most upset at how they made 2C slower and how you can't jump cancel. Also, if a player has problems with 5dd 4dd in teh first place then they have issues. I see no reason to take that away. I guess that is whappens when refuse to learn the matchup here?

I like her act parcer moves tho. they are very fast and even if the A version is a bit slower, looks like you can mindgame a grab anyway. And the new 236 D is lovely. but im concerned that these nerfs may make Lamb-chan even more keepaway than now

Seriously all they needed to do was nerf the damage, but I'm still gonna play her.