Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

There's no way Nu players can be more depressed than Rachel players in CS. I'm probably the only person who's not depress since I don't care about zoning much, I just sandbag with cqc ABC Nu and some TK feints here and there. :keke: I am mad at the fact that Lambda doesn't have my favorite TK Cresent CH RC combo. :gonk:

German, sounds like you need to find a new main for CS

haha. i've moved passed the denial, pain, and anger stages. i'm now in reflection/upward turn. i'm still a looooong way from acceptance and hope though.

also, i just hope there isn't an over reliance on the new parsers. it seems like they're necessary to put together ground combos.

Well, we already have an over-reliance on Parcer. It's one of the key tools to using TK sabers in mix ups. Also, remember, every video you've seen of Lambda is vs Tournament players usually. Since she is the one who had the most changes (Noel's will probably argue this), it's hard to adapt your previous play style into a whole new character. Basically, just wait it out for now. Everyone was saying Hazama sucked, and now he's looking to be one of the hardest fights.

While being patient is good, hazama is a new character who people didn't really understand. Lambda is still very similar to Nu and while I agree she was dramatically changed, I don't see how she would escalate in power compared to everyone else at this stage. Unlike Rachel, Lambda looks very playable, just not as good as the others but I don't see the same level of disparity between high and low tiers like in CT so I have some hope. The damage nerf was expected and she still seems to have decent damage, just not huge. I bemoan the loss of a command backdash as she seems to really get trapped now, with IB 4B and Gravity Well DP being her big defensive tools.

Well, I never really minded losing damage as Nu. I do dislike how the crescent saber got it's KD nerfed, since now we have no solid corner combos (6A > 2147D loop being the best off a corner throw, it seems), and it would seem our RC combos only tack on around another 1k damage compared to doubling our combo damage. I think it has to deal a lot with our inability to use 236D and 236D~C in a proper manner. Lambda cannot combo into these anymore for mix up options. So basically, CS removes around 3 of our previous mix up options we had based off of D swords. 4 if you count Act Parcer > 4B. Being able to adapt to this is a huge pain, but I'm sure we'll find good use for everything. I've still yet to see anyone use 236A against a high jump IAD. Wouldn't that be an ideal situation to get behind someone who is trying to jump in? Unless, even in the air, 236A will not go "through" someone.

I remember reading in one of the loke test threads that parsers didn't go through people anymore. Since I never ready anything to the contrary I would assume that this is still the case. A is the non damage version correct? 236b version, I think is the right one, of act parser is very quick and I have seen it is used to stuff air moves, then lead to 6C, Air juggle. Don't remember if it was an IAD specifically but it did punish air well. Edit: The change to 236D makes me wonder what to use it for other than to put pressure on someone who you are already pressuring. So far in the videos I have seen it used very rarely. Most players seem to do a block string then use 214D to prevent a jump in and remove a guard primer. Interestingly, people spoke about how she might be good at removing guard primer but I don't think I have seen her actually break someone yet.

well, there'd be less than 15 videos, 11 of which are of her losing, and the best combo we could talk about uses 100% meter and does 4k. suicide rate here would skyrocket.

What are you talking about?

I've seen some really neat Lambdas do good damage and have the best guard crushing pressure I've seen in CS.

It's not like she has it as bad as Rachel got it, and you vs Arakune is even further in your favor now, since we need to hit you 4 times at the most to curse you, when once is hard enough to score.

Lambda from what I've seen has good momentum, guard crushing and decent damage. Don't let Tager and Hakumen's revenge vows put you guys down, I have to deal with too now (more so Hakumen than Tager), and let's not bring Rachel into the picture.

Sure Lambda loses matches, considerably more than Nu, but she looks interesting, and in time, I believe she will develop to be mid/higher mid tier, she definitely has the stuff.

Arakune loses a lot of matches too, but I threw up a video thread.

Gotta rep yo.

I remember reading in one of the loke test threads that parsers didn't go through people anymore. Since I never ready anything to the contrary I would assume that this is still the case.

A is the non damage version correct? 236b version, I think is the right one, of act parser is very quick and I have seen it is used to stuff air moves, then lead to 6C, Air juggle. Don't remember if it was an IAD specifically but it did punish air well.

Edit: The change to 236D makes me wonder what to use it for other than to put pressure on someone who you are already pressuring. So far in the videos I have seen it used very rarely. Most players seem to do a block string then use 214D to prevent a jump in and remove a guard primer. Interestingly, people spoke about how she might be good at removing guard primer but I don't think I have seen her actually break someone yet.

thats probably due to her guard breaking move to me.... are slow... like you can literally just easily jump... after block stun from 5dd...

to be more exact nu/lambda lost her infinite mix up by removing jump cancel off 5dd, 4dd and 6dd. Jump cancel allow her with an infinite possibility (figure of speech).

I remember reading in one of the loke test threads that parsers didn't go through people anymore. Since I never ready anything to the contrary I would assume that this is still the case.

A is the non damage version correct? 236b version, I think is the right one, of act parser is very quick and I have seen it is used to stuff air moves, then lead to 6C, Air juggle. Don't remember if it was an IAD specifically but it did punish air well.

Edit: The change to 236D makes me wonder what to use it for other than to put pressure on someone who you are already pressuring. So far in the videos I have seen it used very rarely. Most players seem to do a block string then use 214D to prevent a jump in and remove a guard primer. Interestingly, people spoke about how she might be good at removing guard primer but I don't think I have seen her actually break someone yet.

Eh, I think you misunderstood me. Here's a better example. Opponent high jumps over 214D~C swords and IAD toward me. While they're in the air, could I not use 236A to move to the other side, essentially making a psuedo-cross up maneuver?

Well, I never really minded losing damage as Nu. I do dislike how the crescent saber got it's KD nerfed, since now we have no solid corner combos (6A > 2147D loop being the best off a corner throw, it seems)

I can vouch that that's not true, I saw Kaqn do 3 fat 4k corner combos off of 236c and [6C > 6D] x N and [6A > j214D] x N and off a 236C and [5C > 6C] x N.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu9iHOtiCLw

I can vouch that that's not true, I saw Kaqn do 3 fat 4k corner combos off of 236c and [6C > 6D] x N and [6A > j214D] x N and off a 236C and [5C > 6C] x N.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu9iHOtiCLw

I thought I graduated from ever seeing math again...

Good find though, I stand corrected. I have seen that combo before though, it's very situational on spacing. I'm sure we'll find variants of it in time for similar damage so spacing won't be so difficult.

Reminds me, why does Arakune's throw not kill an opponent anymore?

Eh, I think you misunderstood me. Here's a better example. Opponent high jumps over 214D~C swords and IAD toward me. While they're in the air, could I not use 236A to move to the other side, essentially making a psuedo-cross up maneuver?

Ah! I understand now. I don't see why you couldn't, though what I see in videos, lambda's use 2D to attack them in the air in an attempt to trap them and when I see that, it tends to be when someone is a corner so if you did it, you might corner yourself. I can't remember anyone doing that, but it could work.

Ah! I understand now. I don't see why you couldn't, though what I see in videos, lambda's use 2D to attack them in the air in an attempt to trap them and when I see that, it tends to be when someone is a corner so if you did it, you might corner yourself. I can't remember anyone doing that, but it could work.

Well, yeah, 2D is a given option but since we lost mix ups, we need to invent new ones. They should IAD > start blocking, but if they're blocking the wrong way, it's a combo. Or at least you're out of a corner.

parser c goes a set distance right? also, it would seem that any matchup vs Ara now is: fight he hits you a few times you hit him a few times you get cursed you block for 20 seconds ??? win/lose that seems rather... dull

Tch, vids or it didn't happen. All the Lambda vs Arakune vids I've seen was Arakune desperately trying to curse Lambda to do some worth while damage while Lambda just rapes him with guard pressure and 3/4k corner combos. Her zoning may have been nerfed, but she can still zone Arakune just fine, it just makes you think that the biggest thing that made Arakune unbalanced in CT was his saving grace for his hard match ups, now that he is balanced, he really can't get any momentum on Lambda. He'll be lucky to get one curse in.

Are people complaining about Lambda? O_o

Quiet A tier.

I hope backdash can still get me out of some bad moments Nu's damage was nerfed, that was expected, and fair A little sad about drive's jump cancel, but not super unfair of a change I do dislike Pulsar doesn't go through anymore Her zoning got nerfed big time, but apparently she has really good pressure now, but weak damage. But in fairness, guard crushing is really useless, I haven't seen vids of it breaking and making it a big deal. They'll burst the instant you do, unles you can break their guard twice She'll looking be mid tier though, so we can't really cry

I hope backdash can still get me out of some bad moments

Nu's damage was nerfed, that was expected, and fair

A little sad about drive's jump cancel, but not super unfair of a change

I do dislike Pulsar doesn't go through anymore

Her zoning got nerfed big time, but apparently she has really good pressure now, but weak damage. But in fairness, guard crushing is really useless, I haven't seen vids of it breaking and making it a big deal. They'll burst the instant you do, unles you can break their guard twice

She'll looking be mid tier though, so we can't really cry

finally tager stands a chance...-_-

Tch, vids or it didn't happen.

All the Lambda vs Arakune vids I've seen was Arakune desperately trying to curse Lambda to do some worth while damage while Lambda just rapes him with guard pressure and 3/4k corner combos.

Her zoning may have been nerfed, but she can still zone Arakune just fine, it just makes you think that the biggest thing that made Arakune unbalanced in CT was his saving grace for his hard match ups, now that he is balanced, he really can't get any momentum on Lambda.

He'll be lucky to get one curse in.

i'm not really talking about Nu specific, but its just his playstyle now from the few vids (there are actually VERY few vids of him) i've seen. but the case point is a page back in the Nu vs Ara fight. they just kind of hack away at each other, then Nu gets cursed, the Nu turtles for x amount of seconds until all the meter is used up, then the cycle starts again.

and yeah, i still haven't seen a use for guard breaking. they're stunned for 2 seconds and i don't think they can burst, so it lets you get a combo in, but there is no definite advantage from actually breaking them. it takes a good amount of work to break all 4-10 for a free combo with no damage + incentives.

that's also pretty much the only use i see for 236d is to aid in breaking, since i haven't seen anything that can combo into it.