Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

some more videos of lambda looking pretty good.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9114091

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9114427

The first one is supposed to be Reria, I believe.

One interesting thing I've been seeing lambda do (example in the second video) is to sometimes not end an air combo with crescent and instead try to land and AA them for a reset.

It looked like a nice fake out to do. Something to practice. Also noted, 2DD > jDD > jDD > j214D~C > jDD > j214D. I didn't expect that to work at all, but it does.

some more videos of lambda looking pretty good.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9114091

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9114427

The first one is supposed to be Reria, I believe.

One interesting thing I've been seeing lambda do (example in the second video) is to sometimes not end an air combo with crescent and instead try to land and AA them for a reset.

First is Reria, second is Housakikuriya (I think)

Also noted, 2DD > jDD > jDD > j214D~C > jDD > j214D. I didn't expect that to work at all, but it does.

(6DD) > 2DD > j.DD > dj.DD > j.214D~C > j.DD > (Delay j.2DD) > j.214D

or

(6DD) > 2DD > j.DD > j.214D~C > j.DD > dj.DD > j.214D

Worked on everyone in CT, it was just overlooked because there were better, and easier combo options, even from fullscreen.

I'm not cheering for her, she's just better than you are making her out to be. trufax

I think he meant the crowd in the vids. If you can stand the loud announcer (or know what he's saying) and turn the volume up, you can hear people cheering for lambda -- in the first video anyways. I liked how he left out the crescent at the end and AA'd litchi on the way down, as Effenhoog pointed out. I couldn't read the damage on that, I assume it was more than if he had just ended with 214D.

and yeah, i still haven't seen a use for guard breaking. they're stunned for 2 seconds and i don't think they can burst, so it lets you get a combo in, but there is no definite advantage from actually breaking them. it takes a good amount of work to break all 4-10 for a free combo with no damage + incentives.

that's also pretty much the only use i see for 236d is to aid in breaking, since i haven't seen anything that can combo into it.

Guard breaking gives you a free combo. What else do you want?

And for 236 D being useless, it's a low move which is positive on guard, so yeah, definitely useful. Seems situational to land though.

Guard breaking gives you a free combo. What else do you want?

the amount of work to get that combo is disproportional to the reward. Odds are you'll land several combos in your attempts to break, so where's the incentive?

Well, yeah, it's not really a major part of the game plan. The moves used to guardbreak are already pretty useful without the ability to guard break.

Even still, Lambda got something interesting so we might as well take it into account. Being able to break tons of guard points at least makes people think twice before attempting to block everything that Lambda throws at them.

Something interesting I saw (sorry if it was already caught); It seems if you can get someone full screen with 214D~C you can do 236D~C and it will string together nicely. It will break two guard points for free if not give you a mix-up if they don't see it coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HNVPYPvZi0#t=1m14s

Going back to that point about guard point breaking, Lambda gets it quiet a lot in this match.

Ok, plz correct me if I'm wrong.

Lambda has possibly 2 loops (not infinite):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keGTDzEcBDA

Already listed: 4A - 632D (twice, this video a 3rd time)

Act Parser C - C(x8) - 6C (x3) -2D - 632D (thinking it can go up to 5000, video was short on C attack - 4892 damage)

Edit: First: 0:36 - 0:44

Second 6:05 - 6:16

I thought the proper loop (If I'm looking at the same part you are) was 6A > 2147D with occasional 5B at the end to continue the loop due to being pushed out the corner. The second combo I believe you have correct. Though it would make things a bit easier if you told us which parts of the vid you're seeing the combos at. (or at least for me. :sweatdrop:)

Even still, Lambda got something interesting so we might as well take it into account. Being able to break tons of guard points at least makes people think twice before attempting to block everything that Lambda throws at them.

Something interesting I saw (sorry if it was already caught); It seems if you can get someone full screen with 214D~C you can do 236D~C and it will string together nicely. It will break two guard points for free if not give you a mix-up if they don't see it coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HNVPYPvZi0#t=1m14s

Going back to that point about guard point breaking, Lambda gets it quiet a lot in this match.

Do people realise guard crush is porated... While I'm unsure of the numbers its around 60% with lambda already nerf damage you're not going to deal major damage to anyone but as a way to chip people HP when less than 20% it is somewhat useful allowing setting up pressure.

I'll be here once in awhile to clarify doubts while Im not at the arcade.I saw sth asking about whether Parser A goes ''through'' opponents in air.It doesnt.It lands you directly under them within a distance,it will NOT go pass the opponent.Parser C however will go through double jump opponents. Lambda is not as bad as whoever is making her out to be bad.You just cant rely on cheap tricks anymore.So basically,if you've put in effort to play the game properly,you shldnt have much trouble adapting to lambda. As for skye,I have a native Japanese Arakune player playing frequently with me.He does fine with Arakune,getting big wins here and there.If I were to put the match up for Lambda and Arakune,it's pretty fair.5-5. Watch the videos properly,it's no longer spammers who run away and spam bugs after one time curses,you need to be able to control arakune's arsenal of attacks properly.And against a good arakune,lambda doesnt have a good time.

Since she is the one who had the most changes (Noel's will probably argue this), it's hard to adapt your previous play style into a whole new character.

noels do argue with this, but since noel went from mid to low and rachel from top to shit, she probably gets the genuine right to argue that :v:

1 question, what's looking to be her new basic BnB now that 5DD->4DD->236D dosent work aymore?

the amount of work to get that combo is disproportional to the reward. Odds are you'll land several combos in your attempts to break, so where's the incentive?

It doesn't take a lot of work to break primers.

Winning is your insentive.

noels do argue with this, but since noel went from mid to low and rachel from top to shit, she probably gets the genuine right to argue that :v:

1 question, what's looking to be her new basic BnB now that 5DD->4DD->236D dosent work aymore?

Adapting isn't an issue its more of an excuse some players have. There are players that learn multiple character but the core behaviour (using mix up, frame traps ectera....) doesn't change...

her 5dd into 4dd only works on crouching.

BnB are either normal melee: 2A > 2B > 2C >3C > 236B

or at range you can [5DD/4DD] > 236B

Hell, you can replace the 236B with A or C if you want to try catching the opponent with a finger up their butt.

A mix up BnB would be like 2A > 2B > 2C > 2147 TK saber

Writing this makes me curious... I don't see 6C used much outside of a throw combo from 5C mash. I guess 2C > 6C > 236B isn't a working combo?

Adapting isn't an issue its more of an excuse some players have. There are players that learn multiple character but the core behaviour (using mix up, frame traps ectera....) doesn't change...

her 5dd into 4dd only works on crouching.

Double posting!

Not really the place to argue this, but habits are hard to break. Most of us have huge habits of using saw blades in our mix ups. It'll take a good week-month, depending how much play time, to fully adjust to the new character.

Double posting!

Not really the place to argue this, but habits are hard to break. Most of us have huge habits of using saw blades in our mix ups. It'll take a good week-month, depending how much play time, to fully adjust to the new character.

To me all characters are tools in a sense its just me extending my familiarity and be able to make the character move as I want. New lambda isn't vastly different just she has different tools and limitation on her..

block strings into far low can be replace with arc pulsar that hits low since the concept is still there doing a low mix up from range although different in some way.

Except we can't go around the world and hit them from the opposite side like 236D~C let us do. Lambda losses all her high/low mix ups at range. The opponent really only needs to be aware of 236A > throw as they continue to low block and watch for 214D swords to high jump over. I'm not really complaining, I really do like the new ideas of Lambda and theorycrafting can only go so far. I guess I just wanna play?

BnB are either normal melee: 2A > 2B > 2C >3C > 236B

or at range you can [5DD/4DD] > 236B

Hell, you can replace the 236B with A or C if you want to try catching the opponent with a finger up their butt.

A mix up BnB would be like 2A > 2B > 2C > 2147 TK saber

Writing this makes me curious... I don't see 6C used much outside of a throw combo from 5C mash. I guess 2C > 6C > 236B isn't a working combo?

i dont see it much either, though in the latest vids xenmas posted in general there was a nu that used 6C like 2-3 times in the same combo, did around a quarter of litchi's hp (coulnt see the actual number)

i dont see it much either, though in the latest vids xenmas posted in general there was a nu that used 6C like 2-3 times in the same combo, did around a quarter of litchi's hp (coulnt see the actual number)

That's a specifically placed corner combo that we discussed a page or so back. You can start it at like 4 character lengths from a corner throw, 6A > 5C mash > 6C > 5C mash > 6C etc. You can only do the 6C I think two times before they are able to tech, maybe three. But it does equate to around 4.5-5k damage.

I might be wrong on some parts of this. I'm typing it while watching Kara no Kyoukai.. :vbang: