Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

Asians this, asians that. If I had constant competition to keep my gameplay evolving, I would have reached my level of play about a month or two after release instead of 6 months+. Japan has a huge arcade scene, where you're playing ACTUAL people without lag, along with being able to talk to them directly and get tips faster and formulate a better game play. I learned mostly from fighting the same 10ish or so people. If I was fighting 100 people, with all of us learning and gaining knowledge, I'd be much better than I am now. It's not my fault that people fall for overheads. Damn right I'm going to abuse it if it helps me win in tournaments in my area.

In short, their set up helps them more so than being asian.

lol sorry if i wasnt clear, i was just saying the play style of the asian culture in general, they play conservative like that in games like tekken as well, its just the style over there, there arent that many players in america that use that style of play was my point, so for a few people to talk about how minori plays, some of his strategy's wont carry over much here because of how the style of play has developed. Which is why in the states 4B could be more viable than it would over there

This thread is good.

always good to have fleece/hype/stickbug weigh in on gdlk threads :yaaay:

lol sorry if i wasnt clear, i was just saying the play style of the asian culture in general, they play conservative like that in games like tekken as well, its just the style over there, there arent that many players in america that use that style of play was my point, so for a few people to talk about how minori plays, some of his strategy's wont carry over much here because of how the style of play has developed. Which is why in the states 4B could be more viable than it would over there

I pretty much think every lambda player should use this style.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9658563

That won't work, because remember, she's a 2 button character here in the States. We don't have A or B buttons. :eng101:

I'll be really disappointed if this habit carries over to CS here in the states.. :psyduck:

I don't even play Lambda, and I know that 6A, 2B, 5B, and 6B mean everything. :eng101:

People never grew out of it after this long, no reason for it not to. But if that's the case, less scrubby Lambdas we have to deal with and posting on our board.

That won't work, because remember, she's a 2 button character here in the States. We don't have A or B buttons. :eng101:

Sounds like your area has alot of bad players. Nu has no good AA option besides 6a and Air throw both ultilised a different button besides D and C. besides that A and B are needed for mix up as your options are very limited with DD now since its a very common and no damaging string and very punishable.

Both corner combo and AA uses 6a and TK crescent uses A I doubt anyone would be a good lambda player without learning how to AA differently and pulling off her more damaging combo.

Sigh, this really irritates me. We don't need morons playing as Nu OR Lambda and mashing two buttons. It's annoying and makes a lot of the people who main her look bad. I'll be happy as hell when CS is out and idiots and spammers realize mashing 5D isn't a viable option anymore. I'll be happy when idiots that abuse 5C come to find that that move will be easier to punish as well. What a negative and lazy way to play the character, it's not an "american" way to play, it's a fucking idiotic, scrubby way to play. Sorry. Just got annoyed with even the mention of this. Last night, tried to find online uploads of Nu players, at first I thought maybe Ragna/Jin players were some of the worst, but I'm beginning to realize Nu and Arakune players online are possibly the worst Personally, I love Nu's B attacks minus 4B, and 6A is an awesome anti air

I was only kidding and being sarcastic, but generally yeah, my area is pretty shitty for the most part. My best fights have come from the top ranking Ragnas in the area who actually took part in the tourneys I've gone to. I've never beat them in the tourney, but casuals and whatnot we normally go 50/50. But that was also 3 months ago. I've gotten a ton better since. I hope they have too when tourney season starts up again. Also, lol @ "american" way to play. American style means to be bad at blocking and bitch about everything that doesn't favor your character. Glad I go with the competitive style. But yeah, Arcade, online Nus are still pretty scrubby for the most part. I gave up on ranked and only practice in training and with mAc and such.

Is online ranked bad enough that you can't become a better player by using it?

You can learn to deal with things. You can learn match ups. You can learn combos.

But...

The main thing is, you'll have to play offline for a couple weeks to get all of your timing back if you want to play in tourneys. Online ruins timing. Ruins it.

It's not so much the timing, it's more so the quality of people you find. You can learn the match ups and everything, but all that experience hits the fan when you play someone who knows what he's doing. The Jins I've fought at tourneys were far better than any I've encountered online, minus AppleCore (something like that..) and Shadowredzero. Since Nu players normally get booted from player rooms, most of us had to learn directly from Ranked, which will only take you so far. When people stop impaling themselves on your swords, you need to learn to use melee. This is why I started a melee aggressive hybrid style. I could literally sit back and 6D and 5D someone to death because they didn't block properly.

It's not so much the timing, it's more so the quality of people you find. You can learn the match ups and everything, but all that experience hits the fan when you play someone who knows what he's doing. The Jins I've fought at tourneys were far better than any I've encountered online, minus AppleCore (something like that..) and Shadowredzero.

Since Nu players normally get booted from player rooms, most of us had to learn directly from Ranked, which will only take you so far. When people stop impaling themselves on your swords, you need to learn to use melee. This is why I started a melee aggressive hybrid style. I could literally sit back and 6D and 5D someone to death because they didn't block properly.

Well, yeah. You won't be a top player by playing online.

I was #5 Carl online when I sucked ass at the game. This shows that people online aren't great.

They aren't competitive. But you can learn things, and you can get better.

Yeah. Nu was stupid, though. Very bad character design, imo.

That won't happen in CS.. well.... Given the fact that it is online people.. :vbang:

Maybe it will still happen.

I wouldn't say Nu was bad design. I'll agree that D swords should of been toned down, but developers probably never saw a problem with her. Afterall, they're putting countless hours into development, whereas scrubby people play for 15 minutes and bitch about how they can't beat Nu because of swords.

I wouldn't say Nu was bad design. I'll agree that D swords should of been toned down, but developers probably never saw a problem with her. Afterall, they're putting countless hours into development, whereas scrubby people play for 15 minutes and bitch about how they can't beat Nu because of swords.

hehe.. DoZ SwoRDz iZ ToO hArDZ!!!

But seriously.. lol.

DD 4DD was dumb.

hehe.. DoZ SwoRDz iZ ToO hArDZ!!!

But seriously.. lol.

DD 4DD was dumb.

I agree 5dd 4dd is dumb when people get hit by it, I think why can't people block a 30 frame overhead and go scratching my head. it is a fine set set up which isn't difficult to to block only stupid people fall for it. As a combo it was perfectly fine and legit as it its is nothing diffirent from a gatling.

Well, yeah. You won't be a top player by playing online.

I was #5 Carl online when I sucked ass at the game. This shows that people online aren't great.

They aren't competitive. But you can learn things, and you can get better.

Yeah. Nu was stupid, though. Very bad character design, imo.

That won't happen in CS.. well.... Given the fact that it is online people.. :vbang:

Maybe it will still happen.

I'd say a character based entirely around one infinite is pretty bad design too. ;)

It is true that after a while, a lot of online becomes a joke when you get to a certain point. I'm not a tourney player by any means, but I've gotten good enough with Nu that most people are kinda a joke, and it's not fun : / You can find really great player games with people at Gamefaqs. Dustloop makes so much fun of them, but some of the main memembers on the boards are really good players, as far as online goes (not comparing them to top tournament winners here). When CS comes out and I get good enough with Lambda, I might actually start going to some tournies, since I'll be more free to do so now And I agree that Nu's drive was kinda stupid and mishandled in CT. 5DD>4DD itself isn't a big deal, start playing competent players though and you'll see how irratating swords get 5DD>4DD>wheel 5DD>4DD>TK 5DD>Wheel 5DD>j.22D~C>mixup/more pressure 5DD>4DD>TK feint>more pressure/mixups/baiting an IAD when people think you'll repeat 5D 5DD>4DD/Act Pulsar She can start doing decent mixups from across the screen. Kinda OP if ya ask me, so in a way 5DD>4DD does become a big deal when you start mixing it up enough. Just my opinion though

That's why I only mentioned 5DD 4DD.

Everything comes from that linking.

actually no, since its a punishable attemp... since the players in my area while not many but are able to IB the second D of 5dD Dash and punish Nu while making 4dd whiff. the general best mix up is 5dd wheel of crescent which is ideal from 5dd not going from 5dd - > 4dd which is a scrubby attempt of mix up and something that will get you killed more often. I would do 4dd once in a while to judge my opponents blocking skills.

5DD -> 4dd is a poor choice

5DD-> 6DD allows a mental attack letting them know the air route escape is a bait while you can mix up it safely. since doing 6dd even if whiff you know they can't dash forward (some character hit box).

Seems like people haven't experience a 5DD IB attemp 4dd and get punish for it. Of course it doesn't always work since you will need to change your game plan but it isn't safe. which you can't afford letting people into Nu range when your whiffing swords.