Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

I guess i'm mistaking some mixups and such as gimmicks.

I'm not about to abuse pulsar's, I'm not that crazy about teleportation in CT unless it's to get out of a corner and away from attacking range

And I meant to say Keir meant j.214D, dash, anti air with 6A

Trying CS in pitt would be pretty neat, I have little oppurtunity to play pro's like that

All of the setups I mentioned are good. All of them are lagless displays with good controls (I've played on all of them).

The CS cabinet in Dunellen, NJ is the one I listed (The Break is located in Dunellen).

Even if you're in the dead center of both Pitt/Dun it's probably a 4 hour drive at most, in which case you're better off going to Pittsburgh.

Like I said, if you REALLY want to try the game and get better at the same time I would suggest trying to get in contact with stunedge. You'll get to practice what you want and get bodied in the same weeeknd. What could be better?

Does the hitbox on 214D seem kinda strange when you get point blank to the enemy? It's not something I don't know, it's something I don't know why they decided it so:

The swords are summoned through her arm blade raising up into the air- therefore the arm should have a hitbox as it does that (I'd consider it a bitch slap if anything), but it doesn't. The attack whiffs when some people get really close because they get behind the sword summons. It's kind of awkward.

I see the error now. Her Sprite isn't centered correctly for the attack. The hitboxes may be in the right spots, but the collision between her and the enemy justify her back foot as being the focal point of her sprite's center. I guess an easy fix would be to center the sprite at her waist or head and consider 214D advancing her position for the attack and retracting it after the animation is complete.

I'd be fine with her hand swing not carrying a hitbox if the sprite was centered towards the place it should be.

comment about 214D

You know Aksys pays attention to this website and their fans sometimes. If a problem is readily apparent such as a few glitches in CT, they will note them and re-correct them as need be (especially since the console version is not done yet).

Also, 214D is still a problem because it whiffs at point blank on some characters- I mostly notice it when I'm at the corner practicing a Crescent Loop.

My analysis was the realization of what was going wrong with the animation and why there are some awkward qualities about it. It's also an analysis from a Game Programmer's point of view.

Also, People have been trying to move away from CT at EVO 2010 in lieu of CS. Sadly, CS is not readily available for Consoles yet so we're kinda stuck.

http://dustloop.com/guides/bbcs/frameData/lambda.html

Don't know if people know this yet, but Lambda's frameData is ready to see.

hey random question, can anyone point me in the direction of a good lambda pics where she has her wings spread. i cant find any good ones.

hey random question, can anyone point me in the direction of a good lambda pics where she has her wings spread. i cant find any good ones.

Do you mean sprites, official art, fan art...?

I was thinking about this....and...well, I noticed for CT we were lacking some serious info on matchups. Any chance some of you guys who have been playing CS can start slowly making matchup posts? It feels like the rest of the character forums are so far ahead of us in creating and discussing matchup posts

The most notable changes between CT's matchups are Hakumen's, Bang's, and Litchi's (I'm doing Tager's already).

I'll get a Hakumen Matchup posted up.

The match up vs bang has not changed much at all, it's just that lambda has a lot of trouble keeping him out since she can no longer pressure from almost fullscreen distance while pushing back.

I guess you're right. Just take the CT matchup, add more punishment for Lambda's whiffs and more damage for Bang's counters.

I find it funny that her win quote infers Bang doing no damage to her.

question: if lambda counter hits with 21478D, what does it lead to? Couldnt find this in the combo section. It feels like it should lead into a big meterless combo loop but im sure it doesnt. Just wanna know, Its a nice punish in ct when people mash shit out cause they think its a tk feint.

I hope it leads to something, otherwise it almost seems worth it for people to mash out if lambda has no heat

I don't think it combos into anything unless Lambda has meter to RC, if she does she can get a fuck ton of damage out since it's a FC.

Wll the 5a/6a only possibly turn into tk loop only on ch or just period if the tk lands near the corner?

hope this also isnt a dumb question....but...in ct it was difficult to hit confirm and react to tk-rc- into 6c/5d. I noticed in CS cresent causes a bounce, does this lead to easier reaction into a rapid cancel combo, or do I just have to bank on the overhead hitting them and inputting the RC anyway?

Try hit confirming, as in RCing in reaction to it hitting.

Try hit confirming, as in RCing in reaction to it hitting.

thats incrediby hard to react to on reaction. By the time you react to the tk landing into the rc combo is blackbeat. Try it training, you have to have incredible relexes to react to into an rc if they blocked high

RC won't come out unless it hits, so you won't waste it by accident. If the enemy blocked a TK Crescent, you can go into 236C to break another Primer.

I saw in one of the videos I posted for Lambda, j.2147D>RC>236C is a combo and a viable block string.

-You miss, no Heat off your back. Though you may get punished.

-You hit, you get a good combo started.

-You get blocked, you can possibly break two primers. This is still risky since someone can react to your 236C and tap you out of it.

Making a habit of RC'ing into 236C if you know the person blocked the overhead is just a bad idea. It's great to do once in a while, but that shit will be punished real hard if you do it more than once per game.

Truthfully, her teleports in general are real unsafe to go throwing out all the time, from what I watched. I'm a little scared to even try doing some 236Bs if the opponent blocked 3C.

thats incrediby hard to react to on reaction. By the time you react to the tk landing into the rc combo is blackbeat. Try it training, you have to have incredible relexes to react to into an rc if they blocked high

Anything is react-able with practice. Hit confirm isn't always something you can do off the back.

If people can Hit confirm a CH 5a into a combo, a TK FC crescent shouldn't be too hard.

Making a habit of RC'ing into 236C if you know the person blocked the overhead is just a bad idea. It's great to do once in a while, but that shit will be punished real hard if you do it more than once per game.

Truthfully, her teleports in general are real unsafe to go throwing out all the time, from what I watched. I'm a little scared to even try doing some 236Bs if the opponent blocked 3C.

Gimmicks will be gimmicks. You can try j.214D after the RC if 236C feels unsafe (which also results in an unsafe recovery). Luckily, the gimmick works much better when you do it to an airborne player. 236C requires a Barrier to block in the air.

But you are right, Act Parsers are borderline useless outside of combos. For people to actually pull off a grab with 236A amazes me: if they aren't poking to knock out an Act Parser (which 236C can be stopped by any and every spammed 5A/2A while 236B can be stopped by any low hit), then they should be blocking and hovering their fingers over B and C.

I play Score Attack mode every time I get a chance to play the game, and every single out of combo Act Parser is punished to holy hell (Tager's 720C for example). I guess people really hated Ice Car-like moves.