Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

Nu's air attacks were never so great so I started using a lot of throws.

Question though...doesn't it seem very risky to try and poke Lambda's 236C? It seems like if someone started mashing 2A that they'd be countered for 4000 meterless damage.

I saw Azu doing a lot of just 5D>236C, it landed like 3 or 4 times on pro players. I guess Lambda can't just keep doing 5DD>214D all day, right?

If the other dude is looking out for it 236C is pretty easy to react poke out of. Especially if placed poorly or if you're being incredibly obvious about them.

It's nice to fish it out once in awhile though. 214D gives alot more options.

Post 236B/C

For the record, using 236B/C without a hit-confirm (or guaranteed guard crush) not only puts you at risk of getting hit out of the move, but puts you in an unfavorable situation on block. You're not going to want to stay next to (or close to) them after a blocked pulsar since you're at a disadvantage.

With that being said, her options of running away are very ass-backwards in CS:

Her forward movement is really good (and fast), so you'll see a lot of players 214D/D~C and then run under/IAD over to get away. The closer to full-screen you are the better. Sometimes people will just run AT the player approaching them without Spike Chaser at all.

Her backward movement is only strong when you can cover yourself, which is only ever an option with IAD backward j2DD/jDD. So the only time you can really 'get away' is when you can IAD out of a JC'able move (6A/5B/6B/2C/2D/6D). Note: this won't be the case post 236B/C

Backdash has a lot of recovery, and you can be hit out of it quite easily. Also, post backdash, you're at a range where D-normals are very strong risks. Putting yourself in a guessing game is never a good idea, especially when you can avoid the situation all together. Against some characters, a blocked 236B/C gives that character a free "in" or combo because they have a safe option that covers all of yours.

TLDR:

Don't do 236B/C without hit-confirming first (or at least use it very very very very sparingly), as it puts you at a disadvantage that could've been avoided in the first place EVEN THOUGH it's 'safe' on block for the most part.

P.S. - Characters you never want to be close to (excluding Lambda):

Bang

Litchi

Carl

Tsubaki

Noel

Tager

Hakumen

Tao

Ragna

Jin

Hazama

Arakune

==============================================================

Post Airthrow

Since you all seem to be arguing about her airthrow...

If you have meter, you'll always want to RC > 236C. This yields a ton of EASY damage.

If you don't have meter you still have a really good option that covers most (if not all) tech options: Dash > 2B.

If they do the earliest possible neutral tech you'll cross up under them. If you delay the 2B or they delay their tech slightly you won't crossup.

If they forward/back roll or just lay there you'll hit them out of the tech and you'll be able to 2C > jC2C > jC2C > j214D.

I'll be honest: I've never tested this against quick get-up, but not many people use this anyway as it's pretty risky. Hell, a lot of people you'll play won't even know this exists.

So in the end, you're getting a win/win situation for your airthrow. Poor you.

Edit: OMG I FORGOT ARAKUNE. I'M A JERK.

P.S. - Characters you never want to be close to (excluding Lambda):

Bang

Litchi

Carl

Tsubaki

Noel

Tager

Hakumen

Tao

Ragna

Jin

Hazama

:AR:: :gonk:

Also, as for poking out of tackle, you can basically do whatever you want.

Poke out. (Certain pokes/proper timing.)

Throw her out of it. yes. do it.

DP out.

360/720 out. (For you trollish Tagers.)

To use them in blockstring all the time is going to be silly, like a Ragna who uses Carnage Scissors thinking it's going to beat something. :3.

Tackle A > throw is very weak. Tackle 4B would probably be better, but after what happened last time, there's no way I'm bringing up 4B in these boards ever again. :3 Tackle A > something else is probably the best option. Since most people might be expecting a throw, 5A frame trap them, or gravity well their throw. muahaha.

Stupid Tackle A gimmicks.

Stick to your zoning, abare, and oki guardcrush. It's very strong.

I guess that makes sense. I've watched a few video's where the person playing against Lambda had just ONE primer left and I'm thinking, "why aren't you just using the 236c?!" At least now I know her icecars need to be used sparingly outside of hit confirm

And Lambda's backdash has tons of recovery now? I thought the only thing that changed was that there were less invincibility frames and that it didn't go as far. Is her backdash still not decent to get out of SOME pressure?n Kinda scares me to hear that it has long recovery time

Her backdash is pretty bad, imo.

I think the only thing I've seen her backdash while I was playing with Severin was:

Severin IB'd my IAD j.2C Alle-Can crossup, and backdashed my 5B.

But yeah, it's pretty bad. IB > Gravity is better. Her 5A is surprisingly good also.

And Lambda's backdash has tons of recovery now? I thought the only thing that changed was that there were less invincibility frames and that it didn't go as far. Is her backdash still not decent to get out of SOME pressure?n Kinda scares me to hear that it has long recovery time

Mother of God I hope not. I thought it was exactly what you stated. Also how much life does Lambda have? 10000? If so thats not exactly a paperweight. Thats what she had in CT right?

IB > Backdash is still very viable

Mother of God I hope not. I thought it was exactly what you stated. Also how much life does Lambda have? 10000? If so thats not exactly a paperweight. Thats what she had in CT right?

It's low, second lowest after Carl (and tied with i-can-recover-hp Ragna), always was a big pain in the ass.

Not only that but she also has non-existent defensive capabilities, it's pretty much only you and your best friend instant block.

Tied for second lowest.

That's paperweight.

When you think about it, there isn't really that much difference between the HP of the characters. It spans from like 10k to like 13k. 2-3k is like 1/2 of a combo.

There's a huge difference.

One combo makes a difference.

You can still backdash out of things, I was just listing your options after a blocked move that puts you at a disadvantage.

Overall her backdash is OK, but the bottom line is that she can be chased down/hit out of easily because of the recovery, distance, and your limited options once you recover (since you don't have anything ridiculously scary in terms of normals anymore).

Past: stuff > 2C > whatever you want.

Present: stuff > 2C > backdash/IAD back.

Running at her is no longer a scary option anymore, so more people will be prone to do it.

Her life is below average iirc.

13000 - Tager

12000 - Hakumen

11500 - Bang, Jin

11000 - Hazama, Litchi, Noel, Rachel, Tsubaki

10500 - Arakune

10000 - Ragna, Lambda

9500 - Carl, Taokaka

Lambda is third-worst, given that Ragna regains HP.

Sadly, the characters with the most health have the most Guard Primers too; not that it should be based on Mobility, Size, and Nimble Escapes or anything...

Geez, remember in the loketests when they tried to give Lambda 3 to survive on?! :vbang:

So glad they changed their minds about that.

Well yeah, but I was referring to characters who are capable of evading.

*cough:BANG::LI:cough*

Oh yeah, well, agreed on that.

The guard primer system in CS is honestly kinda dumb though. The only character I can think of which can play the guard primer game well is lambda. And maybe ragna. For other characters it's kinda irrelevant.

Add Tager to that list, he has about 8 moves that remove primers, some of which can blockstring. So if you're down to two primer from a burst (or heaven forbid, one primer from two bursts), you need to be bloody careful.

Mobility means that you have the tools to Ib and dodge attacks.

Thus, you don't need more guard primers. (In theory.)

It still kinda sucks playing a 4 primer character, because trying to "be smart" and save your bursts is going to hurt you if it goes to the last round. There's always gold burst though, which doesn't take primers. :]

Just gotta be smart about it. This guard system is a HUGGGGEE step up from that bullshit in CT.

I'd have to say that Rachel does a pretty good job at taking Primers with George in the corner (3 in blockstring and up to 4 with BBL). Noel would be decent too if Bloom Trigger took one as well as some others. They were pointing those 2 characters in the right direction on paper...

The only problem I have with the system is the obscured Barrier Block save on the last Primer. If anything, I'd say that GP breaker attacks should deal 50% damage to Barrier Block even if it isn't at the last Primer- but it would protect your Primers still. That would force people to stop spamming Barrier and switch defenses more often so the don't end up with max Primers and no Barrier.

On a related note, Guard Libra sucked because a lot of attacks weren't balanced right for it. Tug of Wars against Rachel and Noel were terrible as well. I'm glad they switched and made 214D useful and more necessary.

I am not sure what to think on the Guard Primer system. I definitely like it much more then CT's Guard Libra but at the same time it bothers me with what kenja0 said as well. Why do the characters with the most HP have the most guard libras. Tager is justified against Lambda but what about going against other players?

Hakumen & Jin also IMO have too much health and/or too many guard primers.

Hell, our "main protag" of the series is tied for 3rd for lowest health even though he can regain some. I dunno it just feels a little off. Maybe once I play some more I wont mind.

Tager is a tank, he's not meant to ever be guard crushed.

He's has to turtle, and has no other choice but to do so in some situations, where as other characters don't.