Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

Well, since cavalier > CxN > 6C > etc. won't work out of the corner now, maybe we'll use 4B-type combos on midscreen guard breaks, while cavalier GC combos will be if it happens in a corner?

Also, I'm away from the game right now so I can't test, but can you burst out of GC? We might have to GC into forcing bursts.... I can't really appraise how likely that scenario is though.

If you got Guard Crushed by Lambda and you aren't low on health OR it's the final round, who in their right mind would think:

"I got Guard Crushed by Lambda... I'll cut my Guard defense in half rounding down to avoid 2~4k damage. I'll make sure I won't get Guard Crushed THIS time! :v: Herpa Derpa Doo"

Even as a Tager, don't you think he'd be a little conscious of "HIS DEFENSES?"

If you got Guard Crushed by Lambda and you aren't low on health OR it's the final round, who in their right mind would think:

"I got Guard Crushed by Lambda... I'll cut my Guard defense in half rounding down to avoid 2~4k damage. I'll make sure I won't get Guard Crushed THIS time! :v: Herpa Derpa Doo"

Rage burst people do it a lot ^^, 6c non wall bounce kept me thinking would it make 6c 236c connect at any distance beside corner situation. One of the few problems with doing 6c -> 236c was taking account the wall bounce factor which means timing on the 236c cancel. Perhaps it would be interesting if 6c-> 236c will just work when the opponent is high. beside that 236c from 6c sometimes fail because 236c moves more, maybe with a start up increase it might be possible. Although it would be better if they just shorten its distance. Dec 9th.!! let see what is installed for lambda.

-6C sends opponent flying (in corner wallbounces)

I'm sorry for not understanding this part of BB's system, but what exactly does "send opponent flying" mean? Does it prevent being comboed into or something?

Does it mean Act Parser B won't connect anymore after 6C?

On air hit, 6C usually had wall-bounce no matter where you were on the screen.

What the loktest apparently did, was take away that property midscreen: instead of bouncing off the wall on air-hit from 6C, the opponent will just hit the side of the screen and slide across the ground. Think of it hitting like Makoto's jD [3].

What the loktest apparently did, was take away that property midscreen: instead of bouncing off the wall on air-hit from 6C, the opponent will just hit the side of the screen and slide across the ground. Think of it hitting like Makoto's jD [3].

So Unl Lamb/Nu's 236C? =D

I'm thinking meaty 236D if spaced right with that.

Pfft, people online burst when they get hit with a CH GS, and that's only like about like 2-3k guaranteed damage

Edit: don't even know why i'm talking about online, too early for me...

Oooooh, okay. Thank you for explaining.

Mind you, there's no statement that it will cause slide, as far as the sort of slide across the ground and be unable to tech like uhh, Tager's 5D in air.

BB CT Nu-13 was powerful no question about that. BB CS Lambda-11 is a solid tone down Nu-13 but why in the world are they taking everything away from her (No Tk combos or IF gravity). Looks like Lambda-11 got infected by a virus and Kokonoe forgots to install an anti-virus program.

Anyway I'd like to know if all the changes from loke-test 1~4 applies to the next patch or BB CS2?

Well, don't forget that pretty much everyone got nerfed. It's hard to tell who'll still be standing when the dust clears.

Anyway I'd like to know if all the changes from loke-test 1~4 applies to the next patch or BB CS2?

Probably not all the changes. There's pretty much always differences between the final product and the last loketest. I'd imagine most of the changes will stick, but some will be backpedaled, and there'll probably be changes we haven't seen yet as well.

well, if you play locally on a console, you can always select the patch to play on too. at the very worst, i'm expecting a 60 frame backswing on swords... though i hate balance patches, because i'm always doom and gloom. just like when CS came out.

Thanks Sev for offering help in OHC chat, IrrtheSinn kicked me but I had to sleep. I'll get my replays not matter how bad, some of them are old but I can still learn from them. I'll post them in the video thread and maybe someone else can benefit as well.

Other than just practicing, anyone have any advice on doing TK's on a stick? I'm using a TE with square gates, and am trying to get down TK9. I'm used to TK7 on pad. =/

Other than just practicing, anyone have any advice on doing TK's on a stick? I'm using a TE with square gates, and am trying to get down TK9. I'm used to TK7 on pad. =/

try 214789. It gets the timing better, and it moves you forward.

Conversely, anyone have tips for TKs on a pad? >_>

I can do the loop just fine on the analog stick, but doing so is very quickly degrading my analog, so I need to learn it on the pad for now.

Conversely, anyone have tips for TKs on a pad? >_>

I can do the loop just fine on the analog stick, but doing so is very quickly degrading my analog, so I need to learn it on the pad for now.

Heh, I hear you on this one. My PS3 analog has a big ol' groove in it from twirling the analog around the edges like a mad-woman practicing the loop. :kitty:

try 214789. It gets the timing better, and it moves you forward.
I do 963214, just really fast for forward TK.

Thanks guys, I'll try both versions and see if they help. ^^

I buffer 8/9 while doing 6A, it gives me more control over the direction of the TK and is fail-safe against accidental 632146D. For TK7 I just 2147D.

Obviously I mastered both but ultimately it comes down to preference.

What are some good ways to set up the CxN, 6C loop? I can consistently do 5-6 reps of the TK loop offline but online I struggle to get 2-3 reps. The sad part is that I pretty much play exclusively online so I can't get any big damage going unless I can hit 236C "close to the corner, but not quite there" and then go into the CxN, 6C loop. Any other ways to go into this loop?

What are some good ways to set up the CxN, 6C loop? I can consistently do 5-6 reps of the TK loop offline but online I struggle to get 2-3 reps. The sad part is that I pretty much play exclusively online so I can't get any big damage going unless I can hit 236C "close to the corner, but not quite there" and then go into the CxN, 6C loop. Any other ways to go into this loop?

it really just depends on your distance to the corner when something hits...

236C, gravity, 4b CH, TK rc into 5cc, 236b RC, 214d distance space,

If you can do TK loops choose that option since it gives more heat return, either way those are some of the situational abare hits + RC.

If you can do TK loops choose that option since it gives more heat return, either way those are some of the situational abare hits + RC.

I can do TK loops offline (max reps rather consistently), but online instead of my normal 4-6 reps I can't even consistently get 2-3 reps. And I'm playing in Japan, which is supposed to be one of the most lagless places around. Anyway I figured that 3-4 reps of the CxN, 6C loop into finisher is better than 2-3 TK loops into dropped combo.