Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

I can do TK loops offline (max reps rather consistently), but online instead of my normal 4-6 reps I can't even consistently get 2-3 reps. And I'm playing in Japan, which is supposed to be one of the most lagless places around. Anyway I figured that 3-4 reps of the CxN, 6C loop into finisher is better than 2-3 TK loops into dropped combo.

Do the input slowly. It's hard to explain but if you do actually feel yourself going to each position as you're doing the TK loop (I buffer 9 for TK9's and 2147 for TK7's) and when I was told doing them slowly worked, I could pretty consistently get 4-5 reps online. IMO the hardest part about the TK loop itself online is starting it. Once you've started it it's pretty easy from there on.

For me the hardest thing is remembering which loops to do with certain characters. I know there's a universal one but I'm lazy and go for the easier ones which if I remember correctly, only certain ones work on certain characters.

Sev was telling me one for Ragna which was TK 7 TK 7 TK 9 TK 9 etc, I haven't gotten the second TK 9 to hiy.

You really shouldn't be memorizing a specific pattern for every character :/

Just remember that standing too close to some characters (Ragna, Noel, Lambda, Makoto, Tsubaki(?) and maybe one or two I forgot) will make the Crescent whiff.

TK7 moves you back and TK9 moves you forward, just adjust according to the situation; It's pretty obvious when your'e too close.

I can do TK loops offline (max reps rather consistently), but online instead of my normal 4-6 reps I can't even consistently get 2-3 reps. And I'm playing in Japan, which is supposed to be one of the most lagless places around. Anyway I figured that 3-4 reps of the CxN, 6C loop into finisher is better than 2-3 TK loops into dropped combo.

is it reading comprehension? Anyway What I've listed are starters for 5c x 8 6c combo which if anyone notice they are exactly the same as TK loop starters, the difference is position. Players don't actively seek a combo they judge the situation and perform what’s optimal, however it is easier to force a TK combo than a 5c 6c loop,

The most easiest would be 236c near corner where you can adjust the distance yourself by closing any unnecessary gap with forward dash optimise the distance and hit 5c x8 6c, I have no idea why people are providing TK tips when the request was for 5c 6c starter, if its I can do it offline but not online you have lag or require more practise both of which doesn't really need to be address.

Players don't actively seek a combo they judge the situation and perform what’s optimal, however it is easier to force a TK combo than a 5c 6c loop,

I was really only replying to your comment about going for TK loops if possible. Just reiterating that I was aware that TK is the superior option but online lag is throwing off my timing. I know all the TK setups will work for 5c 6c with the right spacing. I was hoping that it could be forced like "if too close to the corner do this" or "if mid-screen this combo will almost always put them at the right distance". It would have also been awesome if there was a way to transition from a normal TK loop to a 5c 6c loop. Anyway I guess there aren't easy ways to do that. It's kind of a shame too, I think, because I just read from the BBCS2 changes discussion that it looked like 5c 6c was getting a boost.

I was really only replying to your comment about going for TK loops if possible. Just reiterating that I was aware that TK is the superior option but online lag is throwing off my timing. I know all the TK setups will work for 5c 6c with the right spacing. I was hoping that it could be forced like "if too close to the corner do this" or "if mid-screen this combo will almost always put them at the right distance". It would have also been awesome if there was a way to transition from a normal TK loop to a 5c 6c loop. Anyway I guess there aren't easy ways to do that. It's kind of a shame too, I think, because I just read from the BBCS2 changes discussion that it looked like 5c 6c was getting a boost.

gomenasai,

I meant to talk about other people posting on top of that... the second paragraph refers to quote though. Anyway, if 6c doesn't wall bounce as in loketest 3 then I don't see the buff. although its quite possible to do the 5c -> 6c loops only except for corner throws, although I did read someone posting a 5c combo off throw but rather impractical and character specifics.

Well, as a corner loop, 5C 6C might become stronger relative to the TK Loop (which is corner only in the first place) due to lowered proration.

As a general tool, it's been nerfed because now it only really works in the corner so far as can be told.

Imagine [Jam] wallbounding with 6C...and 236C.

Maybe a way to combo into 5C>6C Loop from Crescent Loop can stem from a Gravity Seed?

Or is the the Gravity Seed in combo so strict that you can only do the 6A>2147D after it?

Loketests indicate that gravity seed as a combo tool is a lot stronger, despite no longer being a DP. People were reporting that they could do 5C after mid-combo gravity pretty easily. Also, perhaps it might go into the 6A j.C j.2C loop that was mentioned on Goro's blog.

Also, in the loketests, not only is 5C 6C loop stronger, crescent loop is weaker.

SHRUG. LOKETESTS.

so i have a question. which one is actually better: the floating gravity CH, or the forced crouch that was in the last test? i can assume that the forced crouch will lead to 236c, which is 4.3k+, but are there other options?

I assume Floating CH is better simply because the amount of untech time is a full second, giving you time to reposition yourself for the 5CxN>236C.

Crouching Gravity seems to last a few frames longer than Floating's clean hit though. Except one of the main things that made 236C hit was the longer untech time to airborne opponents.

However, if the new Gravity were to hit an airborne opponent, it might be like the old float that utilizes the 6A>2147D combo.

I'm happy with GS being a fatal now, float or not.

Finally have a reliable and good ground punisher.

Not sure about your definition of a ground punish but that would depend on the start up frame of GS, if the same its a very slow and poor move to punish ground move. e.g. noel does 3c a ground punish should capitalise on this and be able to deal significant damage to make her think twice which jin 5c 6c combo and ragne+bang+ litchi can do.

At best most lambda players will be doing 3c-> gravity seed which is the same as always.

Even though loketests don't represent the final product, I think that after five of them we can have a general idea on what kind of direction ASW wants to take with Lambda - and I'm really not liking it.

Unless they're totally trolling on us..!

Well they don't want a powerful character who can zone and combo when everyone else has been weakened... Except that Jin. They were evenly matched on the tiers and matchup, now I'm all grr.

And considering how they added more hitstop to a shitty 2-hit overhead, that should never connect under normal circumstances, to give shitty players a better chance at reacting and blocking it, clearly shows that they aren't thinking about the competitive fanbase.

As long as , by the end, nobody is as bad as BA/LI/HZ was for us I'm content with it.

If you want to connect 4B, you whiff the first hit. It's been like that since CT.

That's why I said under normal circumstances. I could care less about that type of change for her since it shouldn't affect the advanced setup, it's just there's a reason for everything and the one for this seems pretty dumb.

4B, now your crouching specific combos feel like you're playing HnK (all hitstop should be HnK hitstop). I'm curious though about the knockdown on the second hit of 5D and j.D, because it doesn't list how techable it is.

Guess I'll wait for an update from goro (if he even went to this loketest)

j.DD knocks down airborne opponents and is techable... don't know if that means she can't do j.214D or j.2DD afterward to finish a combo.

But apparently, Calamity is comboable. Maybe there's hope for a reversal yet!

wait, there's a new loke test? yes, yes there is..

and wait, they got rid of jdd > j214d? wut :psyduck: can someone define hit stop for me?

shady direction they're headed in... only a few more weeks until the final patch though. oh well. at least Nu is back in the next BB... haha

Hit stop is that pause you get when attacks connect--IE, what makes Lambda's 4B not actually the fast overhead the frame data makes it seem like it is.

Example cited in the loktest thread of hit stop was Bang's daifunka.