Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandyBelle

[CS1] Lambda General Discussion

Well, no duh. The main thing is that you'll be stuck blocking eventually...we're now looking at air-unblockable 5B/5C moves and only -2/-3 on IB, which is less than jump startup...so that's a worse option now. CA was generally reliable, not sure if it still is.

or you could switch characters? lol, this is lambda , I already mention about CS2 having frame unblockable to air. Ib-> backdash on non active attack.

In the end just barrier, get hit a few times, use delay tech as a means to throw your opponents timing. In the end we don't have much choice if thats what you want to say and I agree with. Suck it up and live with it. Atm I would take rachel's cat chair as an alternative, just having a tool which you don't use is useful.

Just doing a full list of known changes again(up to this point), it's easier for me to read it like this instead of only the changes from the most recent test.

+ 4B faster start up

+ 2C > 5C gatling added, can't do another 2C after this gatling

+ Sickle Storm faster start up

+ Sickle Storm hits 6 times now

+ Sickle Storm catches airborne opponents causing them to bounce. All hits connect, beats jump outs, fun to watch. =D

+ Gravity Seed has faster start up

+ Gravity Seed has faster recovery time

+ Gravity Seed's CH is a FC

+ 6A start up is faster

+ All C's have improved proration

+ Act Parser A crosses through opponent at close distances, puts lambda in CH state

+ Follow up D in j.DD causes opponent to be knocked downwards, techable (I wonder what would happen if you hit a tall character on the ground with this lol)

+ Can combo after Calamity Sword without RC. Easier to combo off of FC bounce

+ less recovery on A Pulsar

+ Ground throw wall bounds

- Gravity Seed no longer has IFs

- Gravity Seed no longer floats, forces crouch state on opponent

- All Ds have less untech time

- Sickle Storm no longer takes a guard primer

- Spike Chaser knocks opponent higher, harder to combo

- Act Parser Cavalier has slower start up

- Crescent Saber has higher proration

- Throw launches opponent higher and farther, harder to combo after

- 6C causes slide, only wall bounces close to edge of the screen (i wish he was more specific about this, slide from a grounded hit or aerial/ does it cause the long skid?)

- 2DD > 6C doesn't work anymore (Gatling removed?)

- First hit of 4B has longer hitstop

Forgive my elementary level Japanese if I mistranslate something although i guess most of the work is done for me already.

I'm assuming all the Crescent buffs(increased untech time, higher bounce) are gone since he didn't list any of them. =(

Although the Crescent nerfs are gone as well(Crescent Feint recovery increased, TKCS pick ups impossible)

+ Sickle Storm faster start up

+ Sickle Storm hits 6 times now

+ Sickle Storm catches airborne opponents causing them to bounce.

+ Act Parser A crosses through opponent at close distances

More theory-fighter here, but couldn't these changes allow us to do 236D cross-ups or other silly gimmicks?

Also, thanks for putting all this info into one spot away from the general loketest thread.

+ Can combo after Calamity Sword without RC. Easier to combo off of FC bounce

That is all I wanted, it was stupid to make Calamity Sword a FC but you couldn't combo without RC. Now only if they would give me my 4DD and 5DD JC back then I would be happy

So with the primers now rounding down after a burst and throws being untechable after a guard break, is it safe to say we might see some guard break astrals. If you happen to get a guard break on the ground of course. And Calamity Sword being comboable without RC is delicious.

- 6C causes slide, only wall bounces close to edge of the screen (i wish he was more specific about this, slide from a grounded hit or aerial/ does it cause the long skid?)

I think that could be referring to the new system change? ( http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10500-BBCS2-FINAL-SHOWDOWN-Loketest-5-Nov.-15th-Discussion&p=843407&viewfull=1#post843407 )

doesn't list her 6c though, but it kind of sounds like it :s

Didn't one of the previous patch changed TK so that it has more recovery time, resulting in the TK loop not possible anymore?

from memory it was, it is impossible to connect 5dd from tk crescent mid screen combo. But Tk crescent bounce higher with more untech time so tk loops are easier in the corner.

No Limitz did make a note of that buff and said it hasn't been mention so it could had been removed and as such it is up in the air if lambda can still do Tk loops or not.

from memory it was, it is impossible to connect 5dd from tk crescent mid screen combo. But Tk crescent bounce higher with more untech time so tk loops are easier in the corner.

No Limitz did make a note of that buff and said it hasn't been mention so it could had been removed and as such it is up in the air if lambda can still do Tk loops or not.

Pretty much this.

I find it odd that they would point out that 236B is back to normal speed but wouldn't clarify about any of the other potential reverts.

Some more lambda changes:

+less recovery on A Pulsar

+地上投げが端バウンド対応技に

There's some kanji I can't translate in this so i'll need help. Something about that new bounce mechanic and throws though.

Ground throw now corner wallbounces (new mechanic)

I thought it was wallbound (or something, didn't get to read the entire loketest thread)? Confirm/deny?

I thought it was wallbound (or something, didn't get to read the entire loketest thread)? Confirm/deny?

baundo can mean bound or bounce

It's up to us to choose how to name/use it. It's like Okizeme, Ukemi, etc.

So, guys, quick question.

I often find myself with some meter after landing say a 6A or 5B midscreen. I see Gorou do 5DD (if it happens to hit grounded) 236B RC 5DD 236C 2DD j/sj DD 214D~C DD dj 2DD 214D RC 5DD 2DD 214D or something close to that. What's the timing on Crescent RC? I'm trying to figure out how to edge out that little bit of extra damage midscreen...

In general, though, practical but meter-heavy kill combos? That's one of the things I've never quite gotten working.

I'd imagine you want that RC right when they are hit by j.214D. Might be a good idea to set up your fingers so they are really close to ABC so you can just tap D then immediately do the RC(sort of like plinking?). I would imagine putting on that extra damage is very spacing dependent as well so try to get an understanding of what space allows you to do that follow up. I believe any combo ending with the jDDs can use that follow up so that can make it easier to practice.

To be honest, I would only use up that 50 meter if it was for the kill and they had no bursts. Otherwise I would just use the big sword super since you have to be pretty close for that to connect too and it's easy, burst safe damage.

Gorou only does it for the kill, I've seen him burn 100 meter doing 214D RC 5DD 2DD 214D RC 5DD 2DD 214D more than once. Calamity Saber is fine and good, but its minimum damage is what, 800? Off 5DD this probably does more damage. Dunno. Calamity Saber ender is just -> 2DD jDD dj2DD 632146D?

The super won't connect like it did in CT.

If you're having trouble connecting j214D RC > jDD/j2DD then you should buffer the RC.

The super won't connect like it did in CT.

If you're having trouble connecting j214D RC > jDD/j2DD then you should buffer the RC.

I've connected that super in midair before... though I will admit I don't remember how long the combo was before that...

It'll probably connect after an anti-air D series combo, but it won't connect after a ground-string > 236B RC > 5DD > 236C > D-series combo.

Back in CT if you had the meter you could just throw it at the end of your combo for a nice chunk of damage regardless of what you did beforehand.

As expected, which ender being better really depends on what kind of combo it is. A low prorate combo will obviously benefit more from the RC ender, while the minimum damage (20% or 560 damage) would be better for a high prorate one.

As far as landing Calamity Sword in air combos, you just need to do it very quickly to make it connect. When the superflash occurs, your previous sword should still be onscreen. It should still work at the end of a full Cavalier combo, but it is 2 frames slower than Crescent Saber (17f vs 19f).

So it should connect off of everything?

Edit: I stand corrected, most of the time it won't connect because of the spacing.

Double Edit: The reason it doesn't connect like it does in CT is because after jC > j2C they used to be the perfect distance. Now that jC and j2C got hit by the multi-hit move nerf we don't use that ender anymore. Most combos now end in the TK Kure > 5DD relaunch that put them too far away.

Something for Lambda, my kanji's pretty bad so correct me if i'm wrong.

5DDや4DDの受身不能時間増加。空中の敵に5DD>4DDとか出来て4DD>キャバリエもCSよりやりやすく

Follow up Ds to 5D and 4D(5DD and 4DD) have more untech time resulting in 5DD>4DD being able to combo mid-air opponents. Longer untech time also means it's easier to combo into 236C on air born opponents.

discuss?

I'm going to like being able to actually hit confirm 5DD into 236C now on aerial opponents. Not that good players would jump out. =(

EDIT: 6C nerf(no more wall bounce) confirmed to be the new bound mechanic.

I'm going to like being able to actually hit confirm 5DD into 236C now on aerial opponents.

Hitconfirms people jumping out, and catches people being dumb and airdashing low for good damage. 'Tis a good change.

Is the wall bound mechanic like GGXXAC wall stick?

If I'm not mistaken, the stick works like wall bound and falls in TMNT beat 'em ups- a hit puts them at the wall, then they slide down it and are unable to tech it until grounded.

The opponent is bounded for the first attack that can do it, however, any hits after will force them to fall like normal.

I'm pretty sure they don't want corner combos to turn into Jam combos.