Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

This represents "hit", not Exact Input sequence. C'mon Stark. =P

4214]D[+C combos (not sure if it'd work late in a combo but I haven't explored it at all).

Though, j.2c~allecan+volante input is just much cleaner and the volante comes out sooner.

What was I thinking?

Looking for some east coast XBL people to help me grind out some Carl practice and really learn how to use him. Add me if your up for this. Ranked is too sporadic and no one ever stays in my player rooms. Trying to find someone/people willing to go 15-20 matches at a time to really build a groove and try to establish a game plan. Don't have to be great or anything, just willing to play a lot.

XBL: JChristopherC

Noob Carl here, sorry if my questions are rather stupid :psyduck:

Could I ask for some help with summoning Nirvana and positioning/spacing in general? I'm starting to get better with combos and loops in training mode (using CT for this), but in a real match I rarely ever get the chance to do anything. Mainly it's because once people get me away from my robot, I can't get them back near her again, let alone sandwich them. I figure summon combos would be the best way to solve this problem but for me it seems almost impossible; all those inputs...

It'd be awesome if anyone could give me some tips on how to summon Nirvana properly during combos, and also on how to position myself during the match. :china: Thanks.

Ideal carl spacing (not all matchups) is

Opponent - Nirvana - Carl's 5c range - Carl.

When in neutral stand behind the doll, move it forward and use attacks like this depending on what you think they will do....

If they try to hit the doll - very early 6d, 4d, 623d.

If they try to jump the doll - 623d, 8d.

If they do nothing and you WANT them to do something - 41236d, move the doll closer, volante.

Note you'll rarely actually profit like this but you need to do it because its just what Carl does (turtle in a passive aggressive sort of way).

Then there is the concept of poking to keep the doll safe while it does its rather slow moves (is less telegraphed than 4d). Use Carl and press 5c (max range is ideal but not necessary and not the most easily profitable) while the doll does anything. 623c works too.

Places to summon nirvana in combos

2a 2b 3c 2d (3c input counts as the first down input)

anything > 623c RC > 22d > IAD j.2c~allecan

air combo > allegretto > 22d (volante or fuoco can work nicely here too)

anything > cantata > 22d

any throw > 22d (dont hit confirm it, the exception is during sandwiches where its optimal to NOT summon).

hey guys I found this

Carlclover.jpg

what do you think?I might think of re editing this to make it at least look cheap if you know what i mean *smirks* oh and also guys I just found out that I suck very badly when it comes to tager's magnets and stuff what kind of counter is the most useful?

I hated how people exaggerated how bad carl was without the throw loop. Good thing CS Carl is till retarded.

Seeing this chart makes me mad. Yeah please update it.

In terms or magnetism. I would experiement with TKing allegretto's

I hated how people exaggerated how bad carl was without the throw loop. Good thing CS Carl is till retarded.

In terms or magnetism. I would experiement with TKing allegretto's

Yeah I agree with Zoogs, Carl's not bad without the clap loop, he's just not a pick up and play type of character.

As far as magnetism goes, I like to throw out 5C and have Tager pull himself into it.

….

Yeah I agree with Zoogs, Carl's not bad without the clap loop, he's just not a pick up and play type of character.

….

I totally agree with you both, I like more CS Carl than CT Carl. It feels now that Carl have a lot more option, he is able to deal big damage ( between 4k and 5K plus ) without tension and that is really great on BBCS.

I always found somehow weird Carl on CT, the fact that you can´t combine so basic stuff like 5B with 2B or 5A with 2A it feel strange.

Also now Carl has awesome mixup with lots of cross up and unblockeable stuff. For me it’s the best pressure character, how cannot be ? if he have unblockleables hahha.

And Carl combos look great! If you can perform some advance stuff it feel like you were some kind of pro xD.

heh well seeing that flow chart made me laugh so hard.but thats just me don't mind me baby just sticking around doing stuff.soooo got any ideas with what I should re edit it with?I got nothing,plus,I am a bad player so I wouldn't know.winning a local blazblue tourney proves nothing

What is it that you guys follow 4D up with on hit?

I tend to go for a grab right before they hit the ground, and a lot of the time they dont expect it, but I need something more reliable.

Cleaned up the off topic stuff. Zoogs, you've got soem time to move this to Zepp museum/Stick thread before I delete it.

Entered a CS tourney on Saturday. Ran it back in GrandFinals and beat the Stronger Tager player. Guys, I've got that matchup...Its almost as bad as CT.

Push him to corer

Do UB loops

Win

Absolutely no reason to approach from the air.

Carl's J.A owns btw

j.A Helped me out in my tourney yesterday, as well.

I got 2nd, though. Q.Q

Kyle- Which corner unblocks are you using?

j.A Helped me out in my tourney yesterday, as well.

I got 2nd, though. Q.Q

Kyle- Which corner unblocks are you using?

Tager in corner:

whatever into...3C, 22]D[, IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, 5C, SuperJ.B, J.C, J.B, Jump Cancel, AirThrow + 8]D[.

Here's the scenarios:

Tager does not throw break- Carl does CT loop. JB+C, 8]D[, JB+C, 8]D[, JB+C, 8]D[...

Tager does throw break- Carl does 623]D[, Lands,

IF Tager gets hit by the nails, it's corner Allegreto loop into the same scenario.

IF Tager blocks the nails, Carl lands, dashes toward, jumps at Tager and does: J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, 8]D[. Now, it's corner Allegreto loop into the same scenario.

Rinse, repeat & win. No tension required.

If Tager has burst, uses gear super to avoid and set-up the UB as well.

EDIT- I'm thinking there's a way to set this up midscreen, but I haven't had enough play to figure it out yet.

Mmk. I figured that's what you meant.

I'm interested in figuring it out mid screen, but I'm not so sure about that.

Positioning would have to be with exact spacing. Of course the Bnb would end putting Tager there.

N-O-C

or

C-O-N

omg kyle I fucking love you.Just need a way to figure out what to do in midscreen ._.

Well, the launch would have the be REALLY high. which only (3) moves come to mind for this.

2]D[.

8]D[.

214214D.

The potential problem here is having nirvana still be in recovery during the required elevation of this set-ups.

Carl can do a SuperJump BnB but this requires very strict spacing....

potential solution would be Carl doing whatever into a superjump Bnb ending in Allegreto, Tager flies into the last hit of 8]D[ just as the move finishes... Carl does Superjump, jumpcancel, 8-Jump, JB+C~8]D[ for the set-up.

Someone should test this out.

EDIT- HOLY FUCK. just had a huge brainstorm guys. This could work on all character you can throw loop in CT. No Haku, Rachel, Ragna, blah blah blah

I need someone to try this please please please.

From the 2]D[ loop do J.2C, Alle~can/Volante.

INPUT = J.2C, 421C+D

Than, land, jump and airthrow.

If opponent is hit continue combo.

If opponent breaks throw set-up they are forced to be hit or block Volante.

If Volante hits pick up a combo.

If they block volante, Carls does Airdash, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, 8]D[...

Well, the launch would have the be REALLY high. which only (3) moves come to mind for this.

2]D[.

8]D[.

214214D.

The potential problem here is having nirvana still be in recovery during the required elevation of this set-ups.

Carl can do a SuperJump BnB but this requires very strict spacing....

potential solution would be Carl doing whatever into a superjump Bnb ending in Allegreto, Tager flies into the last hit of 8]D[ just as the move finishes... Carl does Superjump, jumpcancel, 8-Jump, JB+C~8]D[ for the set-up.

Someone should test this out.

EDIT- HOLY FUCK. just had a huge brainstorm guys. This could work on all character you can throw loop in CT. No Haku, Rachel, Ragna, blah blah blah

I need someone to try this please please please.

From the 2]D[ loop do J.2C, Alle~can/Volante.

INPUT = J.2C, 421C+D

Than, land, jump and airthrow.

If opponent is hit continue combo.

If opponent breaks throw set-up they are forced to be hit or block Volante.

If Volante hits pick up a combo.

If they block volante, Carls does Airdash, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, 8]D[...

I'm kind of excited know. Unfortunately I can't test this.

I will be eagerly awaiting results.

I need a video.

I'm a visual person.

I'm actually looking forward to volante and all of it's uses.

Meaty wake up.

Shenanigans.

Gimmicks.

INFINITE? :3

haha. Creative minds, creative minds. Keep at these ideas, Kyle. I'm sure someone will test it.

Um, I think this wouldn't really get a whole lot more damage honestly. Proration is just gonna keep increasing and since this technique doesn't let you chain repeatedly into the air throw with something with infinite untechable time they're gonna be able to get out without throw breaking. So there's no real way this could be an infinite.

Might still be looking into, though, as a way to add some damage meterless. I'll give a go at testing it later tonight.

Sup guys,

Thanks Stark.

Just a little more food for thought on this stuff everyone.

If the hitsun is not enough to set-up this scenario late enough in a combo to do decent damage. Start with a Fatal Counter.

If they don't throw break, we have just extended our max damage on basic BnB combos by a large margin. We can also ALWAYS combo JB+C, 2]D[ for great oki.

If the trajectory on Alle~can, land, Jump, Airthrow is too high such that it goes OVER volante. set-up can be like this:

...2C, 8]D[ (hit's extremely late & only once), Carl superjump, inputs volante, does a descending, extremely low airthrow.CT days anyone?

Eagerly waiting results.

Sorry Pwii, I've said it all a few times now. This will be pretty intense if you are unfamiliar with Carl and the game mechanics. =P

*Eagerly awaiting*