Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

Its harder to do in CT. I couldn't do it when I tried but when I played CS it was a lot easier. Something changed.

a.) 5B > 2B > buffer fuoco > 5C > IAD Fast fall > j.A fuzzy overhead > j.B > land whatever.

Does this work against people who crouch block?

That's the idea, the j.A is the over head reset. Fake a low with the fast fall. They crouch. On your low landing immediately j.A (rising) > rest of fuoco hits > j.B (falling.)

I just don't know which chars it works on. Rachel, Tager for sure.

I just don't know about Litchi, etc.

So your saying if they just hold down back (from 5b all the way up to j.a) they'll get hit?

Yes. It's in that combo video you posted.

I can't really get it to work on skinny chars though.. I was trying last night.

Fixed bro. Real talk.

Haha. I seriously think everyone except Rachel can.

(Except in combo videos, where every character is S tier.)

Okay, I know this is a nooby question, and I apologize, but..

I play Carl on a 360 controller, and it seems really hard to do anything with Nirvana in combos. At best I can get off one 2A 5A 5B 5C 6D before dropping it.

And since I arcade stick costs way more then I can afford(hell, I can barely afford CS when it comes out...xD), I was wondering if anyone knew of any alternate button configurations that could make it easier.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Well, I'm stupid...that combo seems to work if I delay the 6D hit just a little bit. Maybe that's why it always failed. xD

Okay. One last nooby question...how good is Carl's new move(Volante?)?

I haven't really seen it used in any vids, and haven't heard much more about it other then "it's a laser" so I'm curious.

you never seen dio play have you?

it looks alright? I mean once the projectile is out hitting carl won't make it vanish...so carl can use it to pressure people when he feels he needs to defend.

go to autonomousR's youtube page he has a lot of carl vs character vids and I think it would give you an idea on how he works and what you should do.

you never seen dio play have you?

it looks alright? I mean once the projectile is out hitting carl won't make it vanish...so carl can use it to pressure people when he feels he needs to defend.

go to autonomousR's youtube page he has a lot of carl vs character vids and I think it would give you an idea on how he works and what you should do.

Yeah...I'm new to Carl. I've been playing him for all of three days in CTs score attack mode...xD. All I really know 'bout him is you want to get the enemy inbetween Carl and Nirvana for mixups/combos...and that he has a really lame infinite(clap loop?) that's getting removed.

Anyways..thanks for the vids. I know a lot of things are different in CS(although I hear Carl isn't too badly changed, hence why I'm picking him up so late in the game), but maybe I can learn some things for the more annoying matchups from the vids.

If Carl blocks when volante is out, then the projectile will stay. If Carl is hit while volante is out, then it goes away. (IIRC)

Any who after gear super we can possibly reset off of 623D or 8D from an air grab (I think this was mentioned earlier, not sure).

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=UkpOhoSdbWs&playnext_from=TL&videos=PJJrs9JCZJI&feature=sub

Very beginning of the video.

Also the Carl player does a new method of the 2D loop in the Carl vs. Jin match.

imo, the new method for 2D loop was him correcting his height mistakes.

He did a great job of it.

Yes, you can reset off of that, as well. But as you can see, it's not completely viable in all situations.

Out for a bit guys...maybe a month... internet will be scare but the CS won't. I"ll jump on to update 101 & stuff.

ZONG & Zoogs- work on tech options, tech chasing set-ups

Soujira polish your reset thread

I'll still do the combos/8]D[ traps & trial & error everything from the general discussion mega post in Cali.

I'll be on scarcely for a few weeks, =(

I really like 5C catch, from what I've been watching recently.

5C volante would trap very well for pressure, if they neutral tech, though if your 5C stuffed a roll, your volante might ruin a combo, so I dunno yet. Back tech also could be in range, or out of range of your 5C, depending on the situation I guess. (Thinking out loud.)

I'll try and mess with it tonight. (CS gatherings wednesday. Gotta love 'em.)

mmhm, good thinking.

Just if you jump canceled the 5C you might run into some problems.

Allecan 5C would probably work in some situations though.

If you stayed on the ground, I'm sure you could just 2C > loopz. :]

My J.c sometimes doesn't start after j.2c. Can somebody explain why the move sometimes never comes out? I encountered it while doing this combo: J.C>2B>3C>22D> 966> allecancel> 2C>8D>(J.2C>J.C>2D)x3> 632146C>8D.

My J.c sometimes doesn't start after j.2c. Can somebody explain why the move sometimes never comes out? I encountered it while doing this combo: J.C>2B>3C>22D> 966> allecancel> 2C>8D>(J.2C>J.C>2D)x3> 632146C>8D.

This happened when I used to mash out the j.C.

Learn the timing, and only hit the button once.

Also, you probably wanna switch that third rep to j.B, or your opponent might be able to tech.

This happened when I used to mash out the j.C.

Learn the timing, and only hit the button once.

Also, you probably wanna switch that third rep to j.B, or your opponent might be able to tech.

Okay, no mashing. Got it.

Also what's the most suitable combo for a Fatal J.B?