Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

okie thanks asian chick lover.another question what's a broken counter for carl besides maybe 3C?I try 5B sometimes maybe 632146C if I get the chance

okie thanks asian chick lover.another question what's a broken counter for carl besides maybe 3C?I try 5B sometimes maybe 632146C if I get the chance

I'm not even sure what you asked here...

welll sorry I'm still learning here.what I ask,whats a good counter move like..... if you want to create space and stuff.I have a problem with spacing

When getting pressured, look for a gap in the opponent's block strings and poke them out of it (go for a 2A>2B>3C>IAD j2C alle~can>xx), or go for a 2A>5B>22D>IAD j2C alle~can. If you can manage without Ada, use volante and try to keep them in enough stun so you can later summon Ada for setups. Don't ever mash when in hit sun/being pressured. Be patient. Learn to hit confirm, etc.

As for keeping space with Ada, try to stay close to her (of course). I tend to hide my inputs for Ada with 6A, 5B, or 5C. Don't always predict to what your opponent will do, react to it (as in not throwing out random 623D, 8D, etc). Use 41236D and dash/IAD with her to move her forward. If the situation is C-O-N and the opponent just happens to get out, leave Nirvana there and judge from there. Lets say it became N-C-O, the opponent may try to either get away or pressure you. Don't summon Ada towards you in this case, since the opponent will have a better reason to run away. Try to either hit with a jB fatal or hit with 8D or 623D.

I'm out of ideas, hope this helped.

I hav a question why is vivace so useless, iv used it after IB & hav got hit wile behind my enemy ( there facing the wrong way ) & they turn around to keep the combo going

Vivace is not useless but it's not meant for IBing. it's much more for use in combos and occasionally it's okay for corner escape. a simple way to use it:

NCO(nirvana behind you): 2B 6B 6]D[ vivace:A

you are now in a sandwich(NOC) set up with enough time to continue the combo or go for a reset.

You can also use it to mix up your opponent in sandwich pressure or go for a reset in ways like:

5B 2B 2]D[release 6B vivace:B

you will be behind the opponent which will change their guard direction at about the same time 2D comes down on their head and if they don't change guard direction they will eat the hit and be launched into the air. you can usually vivace:a back around to the other side in time to start a juggle.

it's for stuff like that.

hey guys just wondering but when you play as carl do you just play with him as a solo character and just use improvise with nirvana? cause i cant find any combos listed with nirvana in them

NO no no

Whenever possible you get nirvana in there to do combos. I saw your post in the other thread which is why I made that post asking about carl/nirvana combos being posted. Guess I'll get started on that list. In the mean time go here and watch to your heart's content.

youtube.com/autonomousR

welll sorry I'm still learning here.what I ask,whats a good counter move like..... if you want to create space and stuff.I have a problem with spacing

Block and look for a chance to escape, backdash (carls is pretty good), barrier (its free!), CA, mash to beat various gatlings into overheads and tick throws (lol bb).

Though the best counter is prevention. Stop them from getting in at all.

haha alright thanks man got any general tips for carl to help me out for the moment??

Ever heard of the 2D loop?

Anyone know if we're able to send replays to each this time in CS? I managed to set up an awesome Astral Heat setup that worked 7 times in ranked. Its basically like what Zong said before

C= Carl

N = Nirvana

O - Opponent

E-Camera Wall

+ - Stage Wall

V - Astral Blast Zone

+______________________E_V_____N__O____VC+

If that makes any sense. It might not be practical in a real match, but its pretty easy to pull off for shits and giggles.

Vivace is not useless but it's not meant for IBing. it's much more for use in combos and occasionally it's okay for corner escape. a simple way to use it:

NCO(nirvana behind you): 2B 6B 6]D[ vivace:A

you are now in a sandwich(NOC) set up with enough time to continue the combo or go for a reset.

You can also use it to mix up your opponent in sandwich pressure or go for a reset in ways like:

5B 2B 2]D[release 6B vivace:B

you will be behind the opponent which will change their guard direction at about the same time 2D comes down on their head and if they don't change guard direction they will eat the hit and be launched into the air. you can usually vivace:a back around to the other side in time to start a juggle.

it's for stuff like that.

I already do that but if im being pressured i want to kno how is carl suppose to get out. Im trying to say defence wise vivace is pathetic, & trying to escape a corner with it isnt safe. I give my opponent a counter hit when i get up

>.> they spam the characters low attack to trip me :[ vivace doesnt give the lower half of his hit box inv frams. Soo if vivace isnt suppose to be used for evading ?.? Carl cant escape pressure

bait them to trip you, than SuperjJump out. A lot of questions here are just general experience questions, not Carl specific. After more time playing you will feel much more comfortable blocking and escaping, b/c each opponent has a general flow of offense/mix-up.

Instant block, jump out.

Instant block, 5A.

Even instant block > vivace, sometimes. (Don't get too predictable with this, it will only lose matches for you if you do.)

And most importantly, instant block > BACKDASH.

I believe vivace A actually has low invincibility frames, but it's only 7.. so. bleh.

That will be the first thing I try when I get back, PK Blizzard. :3

Also have we played before?

Maybe in CT, not sure about CS though, ;O. You can add me if you want though and we can play some matches in CS.

what are the best pressure strings to use with Carl? Im studying the combos right now but I have no idea how to go about pressuring my opponent.

Basically, 5B 2B 5C 6D vivace A. Be careful of IB > reversal. You can use 6B instead of 5C if you want to use tick throw/ set something up. You can also delay an IAD after 5C > 6D instead of vivace A. It actually works pretty well.

Usually, you want to mix them up, because the more you blatantly apply straight pressure, the higher the chance they're going to get out.

So try basic pressure into 5B/5A/2A cross up allecan, or go high low mix up with 3D>j.C, 6C works sometimes.

Never use the same pressure string twice, either. Or at least try not to. You'll get more comfortable when you figure out what does what/what puts you where.