Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

That's the most basic way to start things, yes. Since you're usually going to put them in block stun with 5B, 2B, or 5C, and Carl's pressure dead ends immediately if you hit 2B or 5C on block with no nirvana behind them.

bait them to trip you, than SuperjJump out. A lot of questions here are just general experience questions, not Carl specific. After more time playing you will feel much more comfortable blocking and escaping, b/c each opponent has a general flow of offense/mix-up.

Lol i already kno how to escape, but the point im trying to get at is defence wise vivace is useless. So if u dont got 50 heat for a counter assault Carl cant safety evade pressure. Back dash is unsafe depending on the character & 5a/2a dont work after an IB against everyone. ?.? So wat are u suppose to do

IB > backdash is the best thing to use to get out of pressure.

IB vivace works, you have to remember, you only have 8 frames of invul on vivace A, so IB is pretty key.

His reversal options suck ass, welcome to this character.

EDIT- Just wanna say, Rhapsody > 6C reset is pretty legit.

I'm gonna love using this.

IB > backdash is the best thing to use to get out of pressure.

IB vivace works, you have to remember, you only have 8 frames of invul on vivace A, so IB is pretty key.

His reversal options suck ass, welcome to this character.

EDIT- Just wanna say, Rhapsody > 6C reset is pretty legit.

I'm gonna love using this.

OOOKKK thats wat i was lookin for, In CT & CS i play everyone, & im able to IB and turn someones block string around. Into me dishing out dmg, so carl has no way to reverse pressure for his own good. -_- That sucks ass, at least they could give him inv frams on vitabilets. Owell the only characters that give me problems are ragna & Haku-men :[

Also iv been wondering if Carl IB ragna when is the best time to do 5a/2a/vivace ?.? cause i went to training if u IB ragnas 5b/5c ?.? if u do 2a or 5a they both give him counter hits for his next move. IB 5b 5c gets counter, IB 5c he gets a counter wit hells fang ?.? if u use vivace after 5b, 5c hits wit no counter ( like vivace didn't come out but ur still no blocking.

The only thing u can do in counter assault, vitabilets, or vivace ONLY after 5c. Vivace will only work if he do hells fang/gauntlet hades but 2D give him counter hit on vivace. Ragnas pressure is F-ing godly ?.? or am i missing something

oh yes 2B goes under inferno divider. that's always fun to piss mashey ragnas off with.

It looks to me its more like a distance thing, if ur in the middle of pressure & u drop it to bait ur better off blocking then doing 2B

I'm doing Carl's challenge mode missions, and I'm already stuck.

Challenge mission #4: 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 6]D[, (66) 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 6]D[

I'm not understanding where to place the actual 6]D[ command so that it combos. Looks like I need to do this around 2B, 5C part, but it's seems so overtly complicated that I'm thinking there's gotta be an easier way that I'm just not seeing.

I've been looking around Carl threads, and there is a similar ground combo from the CT combo thread, but that hasn't given much hint on when to actually time the release.

I mean, is it just really quick 2B, 6]D[, 5C? I either delay the 5C too much and drop the combo, or I release D too soon without inputting the direction (so she just deactivates).

Honestly I just do the input quickly after the 5C. Just concentrate on holding forward after the 5C so the 6D will come out. On occasion I'll activate nirvana by holding D before the 5C but I still don't do the 6D until after it.

Well, I'm a newcomer into BB. I'm also starting my first time into using a Arcade Stick, so if you guys don't mind, I'd like some help on a little doubt.

I'm using an HRAP 3 SA (which is one of the best Sticks avaliable, according to a lot of people) - anyone have a preferable/easy button layout or such to maximize the effectiveness on using Carl?

Thanks in advance - I just wanna learning the lil' Caruru without picking bad habits and whatnot. So that's why I'm asking.

It depends what the special attack is. If Ragna uses Hell's Fang, you can IB the first hit and backdash the second, then punish. If it's Gauntlet Hades, I would try to 6A it. I'm not entirely sure if it would win though. Otherwise, just block high; you have a frame advantage on block for Gauntlet Hades.

I don't know if most Ragna players will stick to simple stuff like 5B > 5C > Special.

BCDX

AXXX ~ All the way.

I don't see how you guys can use type B. O_o

I keep my thumb on D and my fingers on the rest. It just feels the most natural to me.

Although it shouldn't matter which control setup someone is using so long as they can perform with it.

Type-B for me.

Corner 5C, Cantata~8]D[ UB also works with Fermata. o.0

In corner combo into 2]D[, 5C, Fermata. Great damage.

I'm not sure which st-up is best tho.... probably cantata b/c it knocks down.

It depends what the special attack is. If Ragna uses Hell's Fang, you can IB the first hit and backdash the second, then punish. If it's Gauntlet Hades, I would try to 6A it. I'm not entirely sure if it would win though. Otherwise, just block high; you have a frame advantage on block for Gauntlet Hades.

I don't know if most Ragna players will stick to simple stuff like 5B > 5C > Special.

My whole objective is to punish before the special attack comes out

Seriously man, its okay to block. Roldy gave you some nice options. You can't expect for it to be so easy that you can do an attack everytime Ragna does a special during his blockstrings. The only consistant move that I can think of is IBing and then do Carl's Gear Super. You will get hit but Ragna will take a hit from the full super if he doesn't RC the attack.

Other than that you should worry more about how to get away from Ragna when he does a special rather than how to beat it. There are times for both and then there are times where you should be patient.

The only consistant move that I can think of is IBing and then do Carl's Gear Super.

Super flash insignia > Carl gets hit > NO SUPER WTFFFF.

This makes me rage, and I won't even try it anymore unless I'm in the corner, and I can tell Bang is trying to 5C meaty on my wake up.

Seriously that's the only time I use this, unless I'm mindfucked-desperate/don't mind giving up a round.

Super flash insignia > Carl gets hit > NO SUPER WTFFFF.

This makes me rage, and I won't even try it anymore unless I'm in the corner, and I can tell Bang is trying to 5C meaty on my wake up.

Seriously that's the only time I use this, unless I'm mindfucked-desperate/don't mind giving up a round.

^this.