Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

Seasons Beatings in a few days. I have 0 Valk exp. I am screwed.

VS Carl it's not too bad.

Stay behind nirvana and try to CH his wolf bs. (It's the only thing that has any real range.)

umm...

His health is pretty low.

You can backdash that chip-esque drop kick overhead.

Haven't tested being able to 6A it yet.

I don't have much exp with him either. >.>

Valk is pretty new, so I'm assuming there aren't any real solid Valks yet. So rushing him down might be viable strategy.

Lol Iunno, Valk isn't even on the 360 yet.

I wouldn't go that far. For me atleast, a person who doesn't know what they're doing can potentially be just as dangerous as someone who does. =/

Seasons Beatings in a few days. I have 0 Valk exp. I am screwed.

Valk has no real reversal, his only option is his DD. So pressure him with your basic 2a>5a>5b>2b>6b>6D.... and begin to do mix up. during his pressure after u IB his 5C ur vivace becomes your best friend no move he does can pull you out of it.

Not only that he has Ragna Hp with Hak-mans standing hitbox, & Jb combos can be done without help from ada. Depending on the distance if u IB 5c his special low will hit u out vivace-A but vivace-B is ok. He cant gatling 5c into anything but his specials & the drop kick overhead

You don't need Ada or the corner to connect the 5B 6B j.B j.C j.B loop on Jin, Tager, Hakumen, Hazama (iirc Mu might also be one of them). Although without the corner or Ada you'll eventually push them far enough to where 5B 6B won't connect.

It works on MU, but I had no Idea it worked on Valk and Hazama. It kept dropping on Hazama for me anyway.

It is me? or trying to do Jump loop online seem more harder?... I know that if the opp can crounch during jumploop it mean that my timming isnt right. But still, now when i do jump loops my rival crounch and for some reason i fail, if he dosnt crouch i can perform the combo.

When i practice the jump loop in training mode, i put the CPU on crounch position, then i force standing with 6c and i do the loop. Work well offline, but if the same happen online...i just can´t do it.

Dont think that i dont know that you must force the rival to be standing to do jumploops, that is not what i meant to said.

Hey, so I dunno if anyone else likes dumb mix-ups, buuuuut

I like doing

2a, 5a... blah blah whatever> 6d, (viv if needed), then 2a, 5a, (slight delay, walk forward like... one step), 2a, 5a~6d karathrow

What happens is you do whatever blockstring, then during the hitstun from 6d, you do a 2a5a, take a baby step cuz you need it both so nirvana comes up again just in time and soz you're in kara grab range. Then, on the next 2a5a, you immediately input 6d, and grab right before it hits them. Done right, they'll be too busy blocking nirvana's fake 6d to be watching for the green throw. Or something.

I mean, they can jump outta it/counter jab you/whatever, but it's another random mixp-up to add, if'n you want.

if the rival keep playing defensively, walking back and trying to stay far away from you.

What are the best option to get close?

if the rival keep playing defensively, walking back and trying to stay far away from you.

Well timed 2c-throw dash-ins (what is that called anyway? x.x) can be a good way to get in. But you basically just have to master your footsies and know how to use nirvana to lure/trap your opponent in a favorable position. Otherwise you shouldn't even really have to worry about approaching them at all, especially if you have the life lead.

It would help to know the specific char you're having trouble with. But yeah, it might be better for you to just keep nirvana in between you and them, zone, and wait for an opportunity to sandwich them (when they try to approach).

6D > IAD j.B > j.AAAAAAAAA > crossup/mixup.

Fuoco stuff..

Fast fall is ok. But you're in CH state so watch out.

[D] 66>66>66>66> 623D, etc.

Once you push them to the corner, they can't walk back anymore. ;)

So what's everyone's favorite Airthrow follow up? I've been playing around with a few of them and so far the only good ones are super tricky to time properly, requiring the opponent to be so close the the ground before the pick up that it's very easy to either blue-beat it or drop from a neutral tech.

Still tho, kinda fond of j.B+C 22]D[ 5C2]D[ j.B 2D(hits) vivace B -> juggles.

anyone else have a preference they find more rewarding or easier to do?

Walk forward. Make them block something and use the chance to get close.

That airthrow setup is good enough.

What you can get depends on how good you were with summoning quickly.

If anything, I'd take out the 5C > j.B and just allecan > vivace or whatever.

Walk forward. Make them block something and use the chance to get close.

I was reffering when the rival is actually at long/mid range from me and i can´t hit him.

You can basically cover full screen if you use nirvana right.

6D blockstun is kind of high, so you can get in.

If you get in and they try to jump over you to continue running on the other side, 8D/623D/j.214C will help.

Meaty 6D on their wakeup is good too.

So what's everyone's favorite Airthrow follow up? I've been playing around with a few of them and so far the only good ones are super tricky to time properly, requiring the opponent to be so close the the ground before the pick up that it's very easy to either blue-beat it or drop from a neutral tech.

Still tho, kinda fond of j.B+C 22]D[ 5C2]D[ j.B 2D(hits) vivace B -> juggles.

anyone else have a preference they find more rewarding or easier to do?

I usually try to do this, deal 4.7K

J2C-Alle~Can, 5C, 2]D[, Vivance A, J2C-Alle~Can, J.B, J.C, 8]D[, J2C,J.C, 2]D[, J2C, J.B, 2]D[ (4.7K until here)..... and if you want more dmg you could try 2C plus fermatta.

Any tips for 2 clap and fermata?? I wana learn that..

Congrats to Kyle for coming 4th at SB!! :toot:

Yeah, i saw you Kile on the stream. Good matches my men. Congrat = ).