Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

I got busy with a badass player room and some 3v3 matches last night. I will be recording character specific BnBs tonight. =D

fuckin cd drive is busted... can't install the recording software on my home pc... fml. I will record combo's this weekend.

fuckin cd drive is busted... can't install the recording software on my home pc... fml. I will record combo's this weekend.

Technological inconveniences?

This reminds me of the time I left my arcade stick in Columbus Ohio...

haha so when i got home from work yesterday i figured i would give the whole learning the volante rep thing a try again. i practiced for 2 hours and i was patient, low and behold i learned it! bout to be putting in work on people ha

I started doing volante combos last night at the arcade & my doll can't keep up. She's always dead by the tiem I finish a combo... My playstyle has been very reset oriented w/o abusing Nirvana, I rapid fire here but now she can't do 7K when I need her to...

btw: recording shit right now.

yarr

just found out the last few hits of RoM (infinitelol) can be low profiled. o.0

Wait, technically can't all the hits be low profiled it just depends on how much hitstun the previous hit leaves you?

hey how would u go about dealing dmg to a enemy who jump spams, cause they kno carls ground vs air game is shit ?.? is there anything to help me out in this situation

The question is too vague...?

What I think your looking for is 6a. And press it sooner.

If not pre-emptively do these.

623d 8d j.a j.b jump+IB 236a/b backdash.

Mmmm..... But they are some chars that give you a lot of problems if you go Air to air. Jin and specially hakumen are really troublesomes air to air and ground to air.

It seem that 6A isnt soo good vs Haku, 2C seem to work nice vs Jin.

Did you guys know that you can somehow duck Nirvana's command grab?

Or that she can grab people with the back of her hitbox, making them teleport into her hands?

Finally got a chance to sit down and try out some of those corner combos. Got a couple of em on lock now, thx Kyle!:yaaay:

EDIT: On the topic of corner combos, I need some help with one. I thought this one would come to me by now, but it's not happening.

I'm struggling with corner....3C, 22]D[, J.2C, Alle~can, 5C, JB, J.214C, 8]D[, etc. I'm having trouble moving Ada into position for the 8]D[ and as a result I'm getting Anima instead of 8]D[. After the 5C I immediately start holding for 6 to move Ada into position. So when I get to J.214C, I think I'm starting the input from 6 so it looks like, 632147. So I understand why I'm getting Anima, is it just as simple as returning to neutral before I start the J.214C, because I can't seem to get that through my head. Just wondering if any has any tips to make this combo easier.

6A isn't that good against Hakumen.

2C isn't good against anyone but Tao imo.

In the corner, just don't to allegretto into 8D on the first rep if you're getting anima.

just do 5C[9] > 9j.B > j.C > 9D and nirvana will walk into place

Sometimes i feel that Carl should control nirvana attacks with negative edge... That way would be more precisly to control nirvana attacks and also be able to block when you try to make nirvana attack.

uhhhh....

>_>

<_<

Nirvana's attacks are a negative edge. & Blocking while attacking would be to strong.

uhhhh....

>_>

<_<

Nirvana's attacks are a negative edge. & Blocking while attacking would be to strong.

What im trying to say.. that the way to control nirvana attack were like eddie in GG. With the release of the buttons, like Arakune with the bug. Not release + direccional.

What im reffering to blocking with attacking is more like... for example you are with Barrier block, release some button and nirvana do 6D, and you kep barrier blocking. Like eddie.

Will be great if you can hold back and make nirvana do 6D.

Just saying, i know that never is going to happen xD

Like Kyle said that would be too strong.

First of all the moment Eddie blocks an attack the little guy goes a way so he can't block and attack with little eddie anyway.

Zappa can attack with the dog while blocking but lets face it, the dog is the most broken thing in the game. =/

Not to mention if Nirvana could attack while Carl was blocking then that would defeat the whole purpose of her stopping her moves if Carl blocks or gets hit. If you wanna mash something: IB super or IB vivace and hope you don't get baited.

Like Kyle said that would be too strong.

First of all the moment Eddie blocks an attack the little guy goes a way so he can't block and attack with little eddie anyway.

Zappa can attack with the dog while blocking but lets face it, the dog is the most broken thing in the game. =/

Not to mention if Nirvana could attack while Carl was blocking then that would defeat the whole purpose of her stopping her moves if Carl blocks or gets hit. If you wanna mash something: IB super or IB vivace and hope you don't get baited.

Im not reffering like zappa, just like eddie xd. That you can hold back and make the shadow attack.

Eddie didn't have to control the movement and teleportation of the doll.

It came out where Eddie was when he summoned.

Sure, you could move it after it was out, but that's beside the point.

Nirvana is a walking robot, she wouldn't even work the way you're suggesting unless she were somehow semi-attached to Carl.

Wat im sayin is jumpy people like haku-men or hazama, they just jump for the hell of it.

An even if i do hit them its like 1.6K if ada is around it makes it more like 3-4K

ok this might seem like a stupid question but is there a trick to jump cancelling carls j.C?

im having a really hard time doing j.b>j.c>j.cancel>j.b

the last j.b doesnt come out unless i really exaggerate the inputs.

am i just having an input problem?

J.C only jump cancels on hit, not block. It's very likely you're having input trouble. Keep at it bro.

Got any match vids you can post?

Are you IAD'ing into someone who AtA's you?

Are you trying to out range someone in the air who has longer moves than you?

Are you impatient and leaving yourself open (gambling with your health)?

Like forward dashing or IAD kara throw right onto a well timed haku 4c. Getting read constantly.

Are you able to react to airdashes/jump ins fast enough to AA it?

Are you content with pushing someone to the corner?

Are you spacing correctly (walking Nirvana+Carl into an ideal range) especially when the opponent is giving you the opportunity by being passive? This also includes using moves in its ideal ranges (i.e opting to use 5c over 5b because you cant gauge where the tip of 5b hits).

Do you have a good understanding of when you have the initative? What I mean by this is do you find yourself making moves when you should have been blocking.