Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

I have trouble doing Carl's 2d loop. I can pretty much get the first hit easily. The problem is that the second hit is where I have trouble. It's because of 1. 2d doesn't hit I'm usually late. Or 2. I can't do j.2c>j.c.

You'll need to let the opponent fall further than what your currently allowing to give Nirvana more time to recover from 2d.

When it comes to j.2c > j.c links you'll need to man up and learn it. If your current approach is to mash it out then that has to stop. Luckily for you BB's has a minimum of 5 frame button links so a little effort into timing can go a long way in terms of your execution.

If you can react to your combo dropping (2d not coming out) there's no harm in trying to pick it back up like this...

j.2c > j.c > JC > j.b > j.c > 8d > anything

Edit: Lets not go down this slippery slope even though its an amusing one (damage control combos lol)

Hey... i just have this dumb idea for a reset.

What if you do something like this:

on CoN: 5B,2B,5C,IAD glide toss 2]D[.

The idea is to be able to crossup the 2]D[ with the IAD, most people tend to think that with Carl you only do IAD with J.2C, so they will try to just block as normal people do and the Glide toss is if they try to mash out with a throw and be able to land quickly and do vivance A for combo.

Just some weird idea that cross my mind... Maybe isnt so bad.

If someone want i could try to record this, but i warn you it just an idea.

Well, another tourney, another 2 and out for me. I shouldn't start to worry yet should I? It's been right around 2 months since I picked up Carl and my second tourney with him. I must say I played significantly better this time around. I landed a J.2C, 5C, Volante in a 2]D[ loop combo for well over 5k and was getting some nice resets. Every round save one I had my opponent under 25%, I just couldn't close them out. I lost to Bang and then to my brother's Litchi. I took a couple of rounds from the Bang. Sigh, at this point I just want to post a W. I have a the Final Round Qualifier coming up in just under a month and I really wanna do well in that tourney. Back to the training room I go.......

final round... qualifier?

Also, keep at it, keep going to tournaments, keep playing.

It's a great feeling to watch yourself place higher and higher each time. :eng101:

i'm proud of myself~ i actually pulled off 4D in a juggle combo today. in a match. too bad i dropped the easier allegretto 8D fermata finisher at the end =|

from awesome to lame in seconds. woo! lol

sorry for being so free zong, how do i fix my carl :3

practice with me.

GG's Zong. Lag ruined our high damage combos but j.A never fails.

Yeah I know. I tried high damage and that didn't work.

so j.A it is!

MUAHAHAHAHAHHA.

:kitty:

final round... qualifier?
Ivysaur and I went to the one in Atlanta

and he beat me

. It's basically just, whoever places 1st/2nd gets free (or refunded) door fee and free entry for the game won. You also get a higher seed, which apparently just amounts to getting a bye first match.

Hey, anyone know about Kyaku and Rarero? i havenĀ“t seen a match in a long time from them.

Maybe they didnt like CS 2 Carl XD

Reversing opponents air tech options:

Corner combo with Ada. Use 2d or 8d for a kd. During this time Carl does avivace hold towards the corner and input back and b. If they fall into it meaty, the opponent will be on the other side of your y axis. Because Carl is backwards... 8d traps are free

Irl keepin me busy right now.keep at it guys

me too, but I think what hes saying is that you are now in the situation

NOC|wall|

so if you do 8D, the opponent has nowhere to tech (forward into a wall, backwards into nirvana)

I think...

That's what it seems like, right?

That can be good.

Now to find how to reliably get back to CNO>wall or NCO>wall without dropping the combo. :]

Shouldn't be too hard.

That's what it seems like, right?

That can be good.

Now to find how to reliably get back to CNO>wall or NCO>wall without dropping the combo. :]

Shouldn't be too hard.

while i got a NCO-Wall goin on i do reset in to 8D>5c>J.b>2D>5c>J.b>Allegreto>(8D>J.2c>Allegreto)3-reps>8D>Gear-super,,,,, for a go 40-50 heat, 5K, & it sets up for another reset if u delay the 8D after the DD.... also Zong u mind is we have a few matches... :[ I dont have carl experience even tho i play him. Id like to see how the rest of the character rooster would do against him...... If u dont mind that is

GGs Huey, and especially Zong. That was fun last night :). That game in the third round where I was trying to grab you after you did rhapsody, lol. I literally walked up and grabed, it whiffed. Walked up again and grabed. Lol, all I had to do was 5B or 5C hahaha. Then i got hit by rhapsody. Good stuff last night.

GGs Huey, and especially Zong. That was fun last night :). That game in the third round where I was trying to grab you after you did rhapsody, lol. I literally walked up and grabed, it whiffed. Walked up again and grabed. Lol, all I had to do was 5B or 5C hahaha. Then i got hit by rhapsody. Good stuff last night.

GGs!

:v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v:...

Yayyyyy Carl mirrorssssssss.

:vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang:

How do I figure out what's going on? D:

EDIT- Akira, sure. :]

dont play him zong

he'll get mad if you stand behind nirvana for more than a second

dont play him zong

he'll get mad if you stand behind nirvana for more than a second

I'm working on this new type of zoning I saw in jp vid.

:]

from BEHIND neesan.

ggs...

why the fuck does my carl do better than my bang againist valkenhayn...broken ass POS.

Because your carl was probably being super random, lol.

okay super scrub question here,

i cant allagretto>clap(8D

i always seem to do allagretto>anima

even when i just try do it without hitting the opponent it doesnt work, i still get an anima.

why? is there a trick to it?

any help would be appreciated.