Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

Carl's j.2C is no longer an overhead. THAT'S WORST THAN TAKING OUT THE THROW LOOOP!!!!! I'm still excited to play him through. :keke:

Carl's j.2C is no longer an overhead.

That's terrible. Can it still be alle-can'd?

EDIT- THIS:

CARL

- J2C is no more overhead, slow

- no airthrow loop

- easier to tech after 2C

- 214C cancel remains

- no jump cancel after 5B when blocked

- Nirvana's life goes down fast but recovers fast as well

- 214214D super does more damage

- new projectile is fast and reaches the corner 

- 8D is not air techable

- no change to 2D 4D 6A, glide throw, Gear DD

-Slow j.2C is kinda gay. No overhead = less possibilities.

-No airthrow loop sucks, but it's broken, so that's expected.

-Alle-can stays = good.

-Easier to tech after 2C sucks, but 8D not techable sounds good. (I still don't quite understand, does that mean that if they are hit, they will hit the ground without being able to tech? Isn't that the case already? Lol @ me not knowing.)

-214214D more damage is SUPER exciting. I will be utilizing this more and more.

-I'm interested/excited in the projectile. Carl zoning FTW.

I really can't believe the direction they've taken with Carl. The 5B and j.2C nerfs completely eliminate my non-loop gameplay. The changes don't come even close to making up for the loss of the loop, in fact, he's worse now than he would have been if they just took out the loop and left everything else the same. Arc just completely castrated Carl.

Well we still don't know how the projectile and Nirvana's new 8D will change things. But yeah unjumpcable 5B is just as bad as the j2C nerf. Apparently Carl does more damage on his own now. We should wait. After all, this is the first loke test. They'll make more changes later to hopefully even things out if any are needed.

- J2C is no more overhead, slow

I just realized something. Guess what this means?

Air dash quick drop gets nerfed as well.

I just realized something. Guess what this means?

Air dash quick drop gets nerfed as well.

Oh wow.. I just thought it would have different hit properties, thus leaving the IAD-kara in the game.

:vbang: if it's different move completely..

EDIT- I was never big on GG. But wasn't Eddie like, S-Tier? Then they nerfed him rape style. Then re-buffed him in the next one? :psyduck:

Maaaaaaaaaan... No jcable 5b on block? Slower j2c? Carl better get some SERIOUS buffs. FUUUUUUUUUCK I just got down 2a,5a,5b summon iad j.2c, 5b, 5c, 6d>whatever Oh well, prolly gonna be a year, so I'll enjoy broken Carl nao, kthnx. Kune is starting to sound madd good to play as, though. Clouds no longer have hitboxes, so I dunno if Nirvana can absorb them anymore. Fever mode ~kinda~ sucks for Kune, but it sounds more like the way he works curse is that he'll just have to avoid maxing out the curse meter. So gay.

Maaaaaaaaaan...

No jcable 5b on block? Slower j2c? Carl better get some SERIOUS buffs.

FUUUUUUUUUCK

I just got down

2a,5a,5b summon iad j.2c, 5b, 5c, 6d>whatever

Oh well, prolly gonna be a year, so I'll enjoy broken Carl nao, kthnx.

Kune is starting to sound madd good to play as, though. Clouds no longer have hitboxes, so I dunno if Nirvana can absorb them anymore. Fever mode ~kinda~ sucks for Kune, but it sounds more like the way he works curse is that he'll just have to avoid maxing out the curse meter.

So gay.

I will also enjoy the broken Carl, all the way to EVO next year.

;)

But yeah, I think arakune was heavily nerfed, as well. So was Rachel. No more cancelling her j.2C into anything on block. Which helps me.

Whatever. You play the game as the developers intend, or you don't play at all, I guess.

The ultimate goal is 5-5 matchups across the board.

Hmm, they need to be really, and I mean really careful with what changes they make to carl. Throw loop taken out, I like, but rather than buffs they nerf???? O_o. I don't know the current changes would work in actual gameplay, but on paper it looks like they are making him suck even more. I'll still use him and probably enjoy the challenge better now, but I just hope he doesn't suck too bad to where he is almost completely unplayable. I mean "J2C is no more overhead, slow", seriously!?!?!?!

You guys should calm down a bit. This is only their first test. If it really screws up Carl's gameplay, they will probably give him back his fast overhead hitting j. 2C and jc 5B. I wish I could see his projectile, though...

You guys should calm down a bit. This is only their first test. If it really screws up Carl's gameplay, they will probably give him back his fast overhead hitting j. 2C and jc 5B. I wish I could see his projectile, though...

We are all actually very calm. We say what we say in a surprised manner as in "why would they take away that?" rather than "WHAT!!! Carl's getting nerfed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know what screw this how dare they nerf my character. I can't take this anymore I'm going smash everything around me and when I'm done...". Don't worry, we're still sane for now. :keke:

jk

We are all actually very calm. We say what we say in a surprised manner as in "why would they take away that?" rather than "WHAT!!! Carl's getting nerfed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know what screw this how dare they nerf my character. I can't take this anymore I'm going smash everything around me and when I'm done...". Don't worry, we're still sane for now. :keke:

jk

Well, I don't mind if he's nerfed because he's got................wait for it......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................A PROJECTILE!!!! It'd be so cool if they were Ada missiles. XD

Nirvana takes more damage? I haven't seen that in the loketest thread, or did you mean "- Nirvana's life goes down fast but recovers fast as well" instead? Here's to hoping sometime down the road they give carl a distortion drive in which he enters nirvana and controls her like a mech robot in gundam wing. I would really like to see that.

Nirvana takes more damage? I haven't seen that in the loketest thread,

or did you mean "- Nirvana's life goes down fast but recovers fast as well" instead?

Here's to hoping sometime down the road they give carl a distortion drive in which he enters nirvana and controls her like a mech robot in gundam wing. I would really like to see that.

I split it up. I'll rewrite it, though...

:CA::I'LL FORM THE HEAD!! (Not the same but who cares? Noel, Nu, Lambda and Tager get to help too... ;))

I'm curious about how the clap loop was taken out. What mechanic did they change to prevent it? Not that we have anyone to ask who was there...

Changes I like so far 214214D super does more damage - it did need to do more damage. Assuming you don't anti air your opponent with 8D, and follow up with 2C and then 214214D, but rather you combo into clap loop (2A 2B 3C IAD j.2C Allecan 2C), 8D 2C and then 214214D, the combo count is already at 7 and by the time 214214D hits the damage dealth for using 50 heat was just a waste. No throw loop - as good as it is, it was just too effective and I personally didn't like relying on it all the time. Nirvana recovers HP faster - could be good, but since she looses it just as fast i'm guessing it will balance out new projectile is fast and reaches the corner - I'll like to see how this is/works. Can it be easily dodged, does it hit multiple times, is it slow/fast, how effective is it, etc I want to see what changes they make in the next loke tests.

I'm curious about how the clap loop was taken out. What mechanic did they change to prevent it? Not that we have anyone to ask who was there...

Yeah same here. I mean if we can air grab and 8D, I don't see how we won't be able to dash and just repeat the process again. Unless ofcourse his airthrow was changed so that they bounce/fall differently after being hit by the throw and caught in the shockwave from 8D which in turn prevents carl from airdashing or using any of his tools to juggle back.

Or maybe the "8D is not air techable" has something to do with it, I don't know what that means.

+

~ no jump cancel after 5B when blocked

Uh, this is actually a negative. Also, I'm not really liking the changes so far; they took out not only the loop (which I can understand), but they nerfed his offensive options as well? :vbang:

WTB next loketest changes, kthnx.

Here's my theory on 8D. I'm guessing that it's the same move. However, when opponents are hit, they're sort of 'Coded' with an anti-tech until they hit the ground. That way, they're safe against the loop and they don't have to change 8D to another move. I hope that's the case. I need 8D to catch jumpy Bang players and other people who like to try and hurdle over Nirvana.