Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

oh no its not that,its just that the j2c inputs and stuff like that gets me confoozled.I get it a little but I still need practice.I am here for a reason sonnn

Zong_1 was asking help inputting J.2C, Ale~can, Volante...

PIGG- replied with a trick to combine inputs for the allegreto and volante with this command.

J.421C+D.

The full input break down would be like this:

Against Midscreen Tager:

2B, 3C, 22]D[, IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, 5C, J.B, J.C, 8]D[, 2C, 8]D[ (only hits once), Carl superjumps w/ 28, jumps again w/7, 7B+C~8]D[:

If Tager does not throw break: J.B+C~8]D[, J.B+C~8]D[, J.B+C~8]D[, J.B+C~8]D[

If Tager does throw break: 421]D[, Carl lands, 66, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, 8]D[...

REPEAT.

Against all but Rachel, Haku,...:

2B, 3C, 22]D[, IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, 5C, J.B, J.C, 8]D[ (only hits once), J.2C, J.C, 2]D[, J.2C. J.B, 2]D[, J.2C, J.421C+D, Land, JB+C:

If opponent does not throw break: 2]D[ for OKI.

If opponent does throw break & gets hit by Volante:Carl lands, J.B, J.C, J.B, Allegreto, 8]D[...

If opponent does throw break & blocks Volante: Carl lands, 66, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, 8]D[...

ALSO TRY

2B, 3C, 22]D[, IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, 5C, J.B, J.C, 8]D[, 2C, 8]D[ (only hits once), Carl superjumps w/ 28, input Volante, 8B+C~8]D[: (Air throw is very late and low to the floor)

If opponent does throw break & gets hit by Volante:Carl lands, J.B, J.C, J.B, Allegreto, 8]D[...

If opponent does throw break & blocks Volante: Carl lands, 66, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, 8]D[...

ALSO TRY:

If opponent does throw break & blocks Volante: Carl Airdashes,J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, Carl lands first, 6A, 8]D[...

The only problem will be Nirvana death.

I'll take 3 or 4 claps hitting, and be satisfied, I guess.

I'll try to start on this tomorrow if no one else does.

Hmm. Throw break does kind of destroy Volante, doesn't it.

Sigh. Could've been cool.

DF2K..

You are close but not right.

I had two different scenarios. You accidentally mixed both causing a failure. (Also I found TYPO in my text. I used P2 notation for Brio and got Volante written down on accident. Sorry Sorry Sorry

This is not an infinite, this is a set-up to increase Carl BnB damage w/ a throw or an unblockable reset. Nirvana will be close to dead I know, but we would have done 5K or 7K damage.

Against Midscreen Tager:

2B, 3C, 22]D[, IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, 5C, J.B, J.C, 8]D[, 2C, 8]D[ (only hits once), Carl superjumps w/ 28, jumps again w/9, 9B+C~9]D[:

If Tager does not throw break: J.B+C~8]D[, J.B+C~8]D[, J.B+C~8]D[, J.B+C~8]D[

If Tager does throw break: 623]D[ BRIO, Carl lands, 66, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, 8]D[, 632146C, 2D, 5C, J.B, J.C, J.B Allegreto.

2B, 3C, 22]D[, IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, 5C, J.B, J.C, 8]D[ (only hits once), J.2C, J.C, 2]D[, J.2C. J.B, 2]D[, J.2C, J.421C+D, Land, JB+C:

ALSO TRY

2B, 3C, 22]D[, IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, 5C, J.B, J.C, 8]D[, 2C, 8]D[ (only hits once), Carl superjumps w/ 28, input Volante, 8B+C~8]D[: (Air throw is very late and low to the floor)

ALSO TRY:

If opponent does throw break & blocks Volante: Carl Airdashes,J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, J.A, Carl lands first, 6A, 8]D[...

Also I found a TYPO in my text. I used P2 notation for Brio and got Volante written down on accident. Sorry Sorry Sorry

Please please please try again.

Carl community needs you.

For the Tager set-up we do Brio after the airthrow, when you do Brio accurately, it forces Tager to air block.

For the other set-ups against the rest of the cast: we input volante before the air throw. =P

Roger. It'll be easier to test when my friend's stick is fixed since the AI in sparring mode is ass.

For my notes:

Midscreen Tager

2]D[, 28, 8B+C,

Break = Brio

Not = volante, land, J.B+C go into UB set #2...

Cost much less Ada health. here...negates those 8]D['s

Corner low air throw break~cantata set-up

So Kyle found a way to make Carl even better in CS? God damn you guys. DF2K is always like telling me about possible stuff for Carl that looks so interesting and inventive, and I main Tao, probably the most boring character in the game. :vbang:

If i'm to believe what i have been told, the Console release will feature a compatibility for periodic updates and rebalancing, and may also come with some balances based off the arcade versions (ie Rachel being less horrible.) There is always a chance Tao will become less boring over the life span of CS.

Back to topic: Since these combos will leave nirvana fairly dead, would it be unwise to end them with something like an allegretto to launch them far away, allowing a little more time for nirvanna to recover?

Um guys, what exactly is going on here in this vid http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9874733 or here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Af7FVTYPFk at ~1:15 & 2:09, Is this Jin player just not blocking after the tech or is this some new gay ublockable we have here? Can anyone test this who has CS. im gonna try it on CT tonite to see it it works. Fact that it happened twice is suspect but I havent seen any reaction to it here on the forum although I was told by Zidane that it is a new unblock...

Yes it seems like it would be, i mean you cant block while teching. :toot:

Quick noob question. Why exactly does carls throw loop not work anymore? What did they change to stop it?

Nirvana deactivates when the opponent breaks a throw, and she also dies faster.

Back to topic: Since these combos will leave nirvana fairly dead, would it be unwise to end them with something like an allegretto to launch them far away, allowing a little more time for nirvanna to recover?

Sure, why not?

Don't be afraid if she's dead, though. Carl is a beast.

You've still got j.A shenanigans to kill time. Also any hit leads to 3C BnB's, which do take up a lot of time. Nirvana recovers pretty fast, too. This isn't CT OMFG SISTER IS DEAD RUN AWAY type stuff anymore.

Utilize FCH j.B if you're by yourself, also.

3k without nirvana is great.

I'm gonna try really hard to record stuff this weekend. I don't have the game...but that's what friends are for right?

Notables from vids.

vs Tsubaki 6b > 6d > [6] > j.2c > j.b > j.c

2d loop x1 > j.2c~allecan > 4214c > nirvana deactivates and reactivates! > volante.

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. How do I allecan after a j2C? It seems no matter what I do, after the 2C hits or is blocked, Carl bounces way too high and a real allegretto comes out instead. Really having trouble with this.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. How do I allecan after a j2C? It seems no matter what I do, after the 2C hits or is blocked, Carl bounces way too high and a real allegretto comes out instead. Really having trouble with this.

Thanks

You probably just need to input the 214C quicker. Try inputting it as 2C14C.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, I can't even Alle~can in matches.

Basically you want to hit the C in j214C to come out during j2C's hitstop. There's a very large window to do this; over ten frames. If you're getting the bounce, you're not doing it fast enough. Like Prophet says, j2C14C is a pretty good way of getting it most of the time. If this was guilty gear, I would likely try to negative edge it, but that doesn't work in this game. Sigh.