Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

I imagine its for various. For one it may be because of the 5 frame buffer window in the game.

Hey, does anyone know what 6A is useful for? I mean, I know it has anti-air properties but does it really help? (it's the only move I never use lol)

Hey, does anyone know what 6A is useful for? I mean, I know it has anti-air properties but does it really help? (it's the only move I never use lol)

:psyduck:

6A = GDLK.

DF2K:

I use this all the time. FCH j.B is so good.

Even better with 623D.

FCH j.B > IAD > j.2C Allecan > 5C > sjc j.B > j.C > > 623D > dj.C > dj.2C > Allegretto.

NICE.

No vid guys... flooding instead =(

Can you please confirm that 214214D is Air UB. Will lead to nasty set-ups.

No vid guys... flooding instead =(

Can you please confirm that 214214D is Air UB. Will lead to nasty set-ups.

If I recall, it's not. But I'll test in a little while, or try to. Breaks two primers though, which means nothing. I hate how all of our primer-breakers are multi hit moves. I guess 6C is ok, but wtf. Guard crush = no combo. -_-

UPDATE: Kyle, BBU is indeed air UB. What set ups do you have in mind?

The only thing I can think of is forced guard break after a couple of fuocos.

Hey, what does FC mean? Flying Cows? Sorry, kinda new on the whole CS thing...

Hey, what does FC mean? Flying Cows? Sorry, kinda new on the whole CS thing...

I'm guessing you mean FCH.

In that case, it means Fatal Counter Hit.

EVERYBODY WATCH THE LATEST POSTED A-CHO VIDS IN THE VIDEO POSTING THREAD.

This Carl player is going on a massive win streak and doing some ridiculous combos/resets/mixups.

Will do, thanks.

Also, does anyone know why they sometimes use j.2C > j.B in 2D loop?

Will do, thanks.

Also, does anyone know why they sometimes use j.2C > j.B in 2D loop?

Move decay causes "J.2C, J.C" to miss after so many reps. Hence, "J.2C, J.B" being a few frames faster.

So I've been working on summoning Ada during the fatal counter combo I linked earlier, and I'm having some trouble. Is there a gimmicky way to do this? Or am I stuck with j.b FC, iad, 22d+c, allecan~. It's so hard to buffer in such a small time frame. >_<

I'm not sure how useful this is but I felt I had to ask,

Anyway, I was fooling around in CS with Rhapsody and Anima. On the last hit of RoM when it launches the opponent across the screen I dashed backwards at Rachel and attempted grabbed her, she instantly appeared infront of me and continued with the grab animation ect.

and another thing that happened with Anima was when I used 2C on Jin and launched him in the air, two seconds later I activated Anima. By now Jin was right behind Ada, but as soon as he recovered from the ground animation, Ada grabbed him and he appeared infront of her. and it was a green throw.

Basically Ada grabbed Jin, who was behind her, with a green throw immediately after he teched from the 2C.

Could any of this possibly be useful? Or was is this old info :v:

I'm not sure how useful this is but I felt I had to ask,

Anyway, I was fooling around in CS with Rhapsody and Anima. On the last hit of RoM when it launches the opponent across the screen I dashed backwards at Rachel and attempted grabbed her, she instantly appeared infront of me and continued with the grab animation ect.

and another thing that happened with Anima was when I used 2C on Jin and launched him in the air, two seconds later I activated Anima. By now Jin was right behind Ada, but as soon as he recovered from the ground animation, Ada grabbed him and he appeared infront of her. and it was a green throw.

Basically Ada grabbed Jin, who was behind her, with a green throw immediately after he teched from the 2C.

Could any of this possibly be useful? Or was is this old info :v:

For Rachel did you do a ground grab or an air grab.

In terms of Jin, I've seen people run into Ada from behind while she was doing anima and they get grabbed. Pretty hilarious if you ask me.

Whiile playing CT I realized that 2C is not as bad an AA as I thought.

It's no 6A that's forsure, but considering that it's a FC in CS, it's looking very appealing to me right now.

I literally thought it would be horrendus, but it's far from that. After using if for a while you'll pretty much know when to use 6a and when to take a chance with 2c. I'm also guessing that the hitbox is better since it's a FC.

6a is easier to do on reaction and it comes out faster, but after a while you'll easily get used to 2c.

It works best against tager, when he tries to hover up top and pounce on you from on top, and bang, when he dashes at you and does j.B or j.6C.

It works against everyone trying to IAD over nirvana to hit carl, else except hakumen and ragna. Those characters will usually IAD in from a certain distance so that carl will be within their j.B/j.C range, even 6a won't work in this case.

2C is great when people neutral jump during their block strings, ragna and hakumen included. If you see your opponent neutral jump during a block string, 2C.

If you want the reliable safe AA ,6a will always be it. If you want to take a risk for more damage, and I mean huge damage use 2c (off 2c CH in CT with nirvana close by I get between 4500 - 5000 damage meterless before my opponent can tech. in CS with 2c being a FC (better hitbox maybe?), carl's damage buff, and being able to link more stuff together I can only imagine just how much you could deal.).

Combo taken from the carl in the acho vids

3D j.B j.C 2B 3C 2D j.2C allecan (2D hits) j.2C allecan 4D j.2C allecan (4D hits) 66 j.2C j.C dj.2C dj.Allegretto 8D IAD j.2C 2D j.B 44 gear super > 5044 damage

VID

I can imagine how much damage that would have been had he started the combo with IAD j2C allecan 2B 3C or IAD j.2C allecan 5B 5C 6D j5C 3C.

Actually, from my experience (I could be wrong,) 3D is fucking great. It's basically j.2C allecan. Those hits don't count in the untechable time, either.

example: Any "A" (or something similar proration wise) > whatever into.. 3C > 2D (Hit counter at 9 or 10) > j.2C allecan > j.B > j.C.

Here, they would be able to tech out before the j.B

3D > AD j.B > j.C > 2B > 3C > 2D > (Hit counter also around 9 or 10) > j.2C Allecan > j.B > j.C is not techable.

My point just being that it's fine, proration and untechable time wise... I'm not sure you could get much more than 5k off of that. I'd love to be proved wrong, though.

EDIT- I've also been using 2C as AA. It works against a lot of moves, probably because the low profile. Enemy's move hitbox is probably long gone/still in recovery by the time you hit, hence the FCH. Only problem is, what to do with it if your opponent isn't jumping over nirvana into N-O-C. Set ups seem to be a problem for me.

Maybe something CT-esque?

I think I remember testing and figuring out that they CANNOT tech until they hit the ground off of FCH 2C. so... How about FCH 2C > summon > vivace A > 2C > combo?

Might be hard to confirm, but if you whiffed the 2C you'll probably be punished anyway. Might as well throw the summon in.

For Rachel did you do a ground grab or an air grab.

In terms of Jin, I've seen people run into Ada from behind while she was doing anima and they get grabbed. Pretty hilarious if you ask me.

Oops, should of made that clear. It was a Air grab.

EDIT- I've also been using 2C as AA. It works against a lot of moves, probably because the low profile. Enemy's move hitbox is probably long gone/still in recovery by the time you hit, hence the FCH. Only problem is, what to do with it if your opponent isn't jumping over nirvana into N-O-C. Set ups seem to be a problem for me.

Maybe something CT-esque?

I think I remember testing and figuring out that they CANNOT tech until they hit the ground off of FCH 2C. so... How about FCH 2C > summon > vivace A > 2C > combo?

Might be hard to confirm, but if you whiffed the 2C you'll probably be punished anyway. Might as well throw the summon in.

Yeah, I've been using it in CT and it's actually not as bad as I thought, and as you said, I too was surprised that it beat out a lot of moves as well. I mean in some cases I REALLY should have gotten counter hit, but I didn't and I would get a CH 2C instead. I'm guessing it's because of the low profile thing? What does low profile mean?

Your opponent can't tech till they hit the ground after CH/FC 2C. Yeah if nirvana isn't close, and you want to use 2C you can 2C 22D 2C 8D > combo.

Yeah, I've been using it in CT and it's actually not as bad as I thought, and as you said, I too was surprised that it beat out a lot of moves as well. I mean in some cases I REALLY should have gotten counter hit, but I didn't and I would get a CH 2C instead. I'm guessing it's because of the low profile thing? What does low profile mean?

Your opponent can't tech till they hit the ground after CH/FC 2C. Yeah if nirvana isn't close, and you want to use 2C you can 2C 22D 2C 8D > combo.

Low profile meaning the move's hitbox is low. Atleast that's what my understanding is. Doesn't matter. 3C is a similar move. Well, not similar, but low profile as well, IMO.

You're missing a vivace in there, but I get it.

I'll have to try that out when I get a chance.

God, all these resets push my mind into overload when I'm actually playing, and I go into autopilot a lot. Which doesn't help. All of my friends block my typical 5B IAD crossups. I need to mix myself up, so that I can start mixing them up again. :vbang:

dammit I hate when this happens.this is what I get for being confident I guess.no more strategy method or smartness for pwii D: btw is it normal for someone to break out of a sandwich?dude I seriously do not understand cs......:vbang:

Something I should probably mention that I haven't seen anyone mention before: Anima will grab the opponent from significantly farther away than she'll try to grab from, although she'll attempt a grab anyway if Ada is doing Anima for too long. A (very) weak shenanigan I've gotten away with once or twice is having Ada behind me as I do a ground blockstring with Anima pushing me forward, and having her autograb the opponent through me, which can be disorienting and unexpected.

Also, Pwii, sandwiches get broken out of. You can't really avoid it, it can't last forever given how relatively easy it is to get it going.

Also also, I still think 2C is a pretty bad poke. It's just so slow... And the proration is terrible which makes for very weak combos. But yeah, 2C 22D 236A 2C is the way to go with it.