Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

Sorry Bro.

Carl's better know that Litchi Match-up!

Punish DP with CH6B into combo.

Jump Loops while Ada walks

Block those mix-ups

Know when to burst.

Dear god, Don't use (2) burst in the last round.

I want to be in but i will nopt be off work tomorrow until 6:00, so i wont be in till like 6:15/30ish. can you save me a spot please?

We should probably move discussion of this thing to the Online directory, but anyways: I'm still gonna show up tonight but oh lord i am fairly sure i will not be anywhere close to top of my game tonight. 2 hours of sleep -> 9 hour day -> i'm dying it hink. so ... i might need to ask for rematches when i've had sleep. XD

but i will show.

Glad to hear

If there are only 3 people, maybe we should form our own team?

But then kyle and zoog don't have one

Either way....

If there was 1 more player this would be perfect.

EDITO FINAH!:

Room is now open.

At 730. Room will close and open with the exact number of carls allowed in open as slots

The rest as spectators.

So get here.

Default winner sucks.

Questions about IAD J.2C. I guess maybe I've never really understood how IAD's work. I've usually done them by 9,6. Sometimes when I try to IAD J.2C doesn't come out. Like it won't let me input for a period of time. Should I be using 8,6,6 instead to IAD J.2C? Sorry for the noob question.

it's 9, 5, 6. u need to let the whatever return to neutral first. it's a quick motion. 8 66 is just an air dash lol. as far as the j.2c thing u might just be rushing the input. just start slowly.

An IAD is no different than a 8,6,6 airdash. They're the same thing. 9,6 just allows you start your airdash sooner. But yeah you're rushing the j.2C too soon. You can't do anything for the first few frames of an airdash (not matter what type).

I think in your case its just a muscle timing thing.

Ya, I'm inputting J.2C to quickly. Although, I swear to God if you do 8,6,6 you can input J.2C quicker.

Edit: Oh wow, delaying that input has upped my % tremendously. Thanks all.

Although, I swear to God if you do 8,6,6 you can input J.2C quicker.

Yeah I understand but believe me that is not the case.

Hey guys I have this problem with Carl's 2A 2B 3C 22D IAD j.2C alle-can j.2C j.C 2D combo. Sometimes during j.2C j.C 2D part, I actually end up bouncing over Nirvana (or something like that, I don't remember), causing my 2D to completely whiff. q.q

I don't actually have any access to BB at the moment but it'd be cool to know how to fix it. :)

where are you bouncing over them? or are they going over nirvanna? certain characters (i find Rachel loves to do this...) seem to get behind 2D's hit box f they are too close to her. The only other thing i can think of off myhead is that you are hitting j.2C too deep into their hit box, causing you to cross over them. in other words you are too close to nirvanna and them when you j.2C. You might not be stepping/hopping back far enough when you land.

Any good tips for dash allegreto?...

That timming it strict..

Just do it as fast as you can.

It's kind of pointless anyway, unless someone is spamming punch on your sister, and you're behind her.

where are you bouncing over them? or are they going over nirvanna? certain characters (i find Rachel loves to do this...) seem to get behind 2D's hit box f they are too close to her. The only other thing i can think of off myhead is that you are hitting j.2C too deep into their hit box, causing you to cross over them. in other words you are too close to nirvanna and them when you j.2C. You might not be stepping/hopping back far enough when you land.

Yeah, I land j.2C j.C but I get behind Nirvana or maybe above her, i don't remember. What do you mean by stepping/hopping back far enough when I land? Should I try inputting 22D earlier? Maybe wait a bit more with my IAD alle-can?

Oh and what's this dash allegretto you guys're talking about? o.o

You don't mean 66 214C do you? Never tried that before...

Hmm.... :psyduck:

Goddammit I wish I had BB right now. Q_Q

yup 66214C.

Do it early enough, you get hop cancel alegretto.

Do it a little later, you cancel the recovery of your forward hop.

Do it too late, you get hop > 5C. :vbang:

Ooh cool. But would there be any particular reason you'd hop cancel into the actual allegretto? Makes me think of Chun-Li's flurry kicks. I guess it can work as a sort of instant ward or defense, no? Or a poke? I mean, as opposed to TK'ing it and jumping all the way back. :psyduck:

Ooh cool. But would there be any particular reason you'd hop cancel into the actual allegretto?

To spice things up....

Its unsafe if the opponent blocks unless you have Nirvana backing you up. But it can throw the opponent off guard.

Ooh cool. But would there be any particular reason you'd hop cancel into the actual allegretto?

It's kind of pointless anyway, unless someone is spamming punch on your sister, and you're behind her.

Ehh.

Not really.

Yeah, I land j.2C j.C but I get behind Nirvana or maybe above her, i don't remember. What do you mean by stepping/hopping back far enough when I land? Should I try inputting 22D earlier? Maybe wait a bit more with my IAD alle-can?

Oh and what's this dash allegretto you guys're talking about? o.o

You don't mean 66 214C do you? Never tried that before...

Hmm.... :psyduck:

Goddammit I wish I had BB right now. Q_Q

SOrry i kinda misread that.

If i ever get that summon combo to work (i dont typically because i have a very hard time with it's input..) after the j.2Calle~can cross over i'll either 5C j.b Allegretto 8D or just j.b allegretto 8D if i'm feeling confident enough in my timing. Easier to start 2D loops after they hit the 8D. probably not as damaging but if ur dropping the trickier combos, consistent but slightly weaker is probably gonna win more matches. that's my moto.