Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

So I've been maining Carl since CT and finally decided I should do what's best for me and bought an arcade stick (BB TE :D). I know the general rule is to do what's comfortable and I've read the stick threads in the Beginner forum, and I'd like to clarify I'm not asking for advice exactly. I just want to know what kind of grip and button layout other Carls around here are using and what made you pick it?

I'm personally looking at using a wine glass grip, modified slightly for comfort (Carl hop I imagine eats into the wrist), and the DBC layout since I'd rather be better in control of Nirvana than better able to spam A. I'm open to being told my reasons are stupid as I'm only theory fighting at the moment as my stick is still a couple days away.

Forgive me if this has been covered before or if I'm making an ass of myself posting it here.

You're really going to have to try setups and motions until you can find a grip where you can do them all without switching grips.

Certain grips let you backdash/forward dash easier, but you won't be able to IAD or something.

IAD is most important, but what if it's hard for you to input a certain direction holding it that way?

You're basically gonna be like :vbang: for a few weeks until you find a happy medium.

I personally put my thumb almost on top/right side of the ball, and.. ahhh I'll just take a picture while I'm holding it to show you my grip, I'm about to go play some GG for a few mins anyway.

I love Carl's DDs <3

I also love using Fermata if I reset my 6D loop with 6C, it seems to be the most optimal use for me right now, unless I can catch my opponent in the air with a throw and they throw reject. Then I can UB Fermata them.

5B>2B>3C>Big Bang Upper>Insert Follow Up Combo Of Choice Here.

Also regarding switching to a stick. I bitched and moaned for weeks when I first got mine, but then EVERY single time I turned Blazblue on, I did Carl's 9th Challenge, and made sure I completed it once before I did anything else. Lo and Behold, I mastered my stick within 5 days. :O maybe that'll help you.

Great application of Carl's Challenge mode: Honestly.

EDIT-

Zong_One is our #3 guys. He's got XBL just for it.

Yeah, it only works crouching.

I'm pretty sure Kyle covered that though. :v: He did something like that for all characters with Carl by himself. But it's cool that someone thought to keep it up with Nirvana pushing in the corner.

Yeah, it only works crouching.

I'm pretty sure Kyle covered that though. :v: He did something like that for all characters with Carl by himself. But it's cool that someone thought to keep it up with Nirvana pushing in the corner.

No men.. i have test it vs jin when he is stand and it work... the trick is you need to do 9j.2c.

Any good tip for performing j.2c Allecan 4]D[ 5c?

Oh, well, I guess Jin IS sorta tall...

Or maybe standing only works with Nirvana pushing...

For the 4D thing, I believe you should actually input it before 5C, as soon as you alle-can, then 5C j.B

Anyone mess with SUPER DEEP j.C > 3C in sandwich to avoid j.C > 5B > 2B > 3C?

:]

- Going from Sandwich loop > 2D loop

[D] 5B 2B 5C 6]D[ j.C **3C+[D] (2D loop)x1 5C+[D] j.B 8]D[ (2D loop)x2~3 2C~8D or end with j.2C+[D] wait 2147C+]D[

Dated 3rd March 2010

trying to get better with my NoTension burst punishes, too often I Jump & block burst just to have 5B/5C whiff for whatever dumb reason. Anyone else gotten good at jump, IB, Airdash, J.2C, Alle~can while opponent is grounded?

Thanks feri, I did not know optimal combo for that.

Kyle. You're hyping me for 3v3 too hard. lol. When I said I can't do combos online, I meant it rofl.

Don't wanna let you down, even if it's just netplay. :]

Ughh, I want to drop Jin and try out Carl and I'm trying to do his challenges. But I'm stuck on mission #5(it was the first combo). Such a pain in the ass :(. Any tips on him before I go online(well besides practicing a lot).

Learn some combos.

I went straight online in CT when I was learning, and I lost like 50 in a row.

Unless you're fine dealing with frustration, I'd do some practicing first.

It couldnt possibly be optimal since that tech is long outdated but meh whatever.

Isu is the one with the max dmg combos.

It couldnt possibly be optimal since that tech is long outdated but meh whatever.

Isu is the one with the max dmg combos.

Isu's are too hard to randomly hit confirm to be optimal.

Hay Guise :v:

I need some help training with the timing on teleportation/3C and 2D loops.

Can anyone halp?

Get gamed by Richi and Bang sucks so hard its not even funny

trying to get better with my NoTension burst punishes, too often I Jump & block burst just to have 5B/5C whiff for whatever dumb reason. Anyone else gotten good at jump, IB, Airdash, J.2C, Alle~can while opponent is grounded?

In this game i swear they increased the inv frams ?.? on the burst, & increase the recovery time >.> cause using a DD to bait burst dont work like it use to ?.? I still get smacked back....... >.> unless ur carl lol

But if u J.block a burst u can punish wit J.b but u gotta wat till the last sec -_- timing it is hard but after a min it becomes 2nd nature

anything into a jump cancel moev where you proceed to jump away!

XD LMAO just like hazama says without Ada u should "Run Run!!!!"

Or u could play mix-up with them like 5a>2a>5a>6c or 2a>5a>2a>5a>22D>5b IAD J.2c alecan ( Insert sandwich combo )

Depends on a lot of stuff, actually.

Try holding 9 for immediate jump cancel/link? lol I know it's not a jc but whatever.

Also, try super jumping.

best thing i can ever come up with is to try to land 5b iad-j.2c cross ups into summon combos or at least summon -> block string and mix up.

Any tips vs Valkenhayn? i dont know what to do against him....

You should go check the matchup section for all matchup-specific questions and stuff. ^.^ I'd try to help you right now but I barely know him myself.

But, you could be a bit more specific in asking your questions. I'm sure that'll help. ;)