Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

You're releasing D too early or aren't going all the way to 7/8 for clap.

My guess is it's the first one and it's reading that as 63214]D[.

You just need to release D slightly later, so it's more like 632147]D[

ok i tried the 62321478D and it still gave me anima

im guessing its a timing issue then, but if i delay it too much the clap misses

i guess it just takes practice,

but thx for the help.

Well then when you allegretto, don't hit 6 or 3 at all.

That way it's impossible for anima to come out.

yea but what about when i want nirvana to walk forward before the clap?, especially in those corner combos.

oh and would putting in an 8 way gate in my arcade stick help with the inputs?

yea but what about when i want nirvana to walk forward before the clap?, especially in those corner combos.

oh and would putting in an 8 way gate in my arcade stick help with the inputs?

Besides when you're close to Nirvana (finishing a combo with 8D kd) you have a lot of time after alegretto to input the 8D. Try slowing down a bit and see if that helps. When I'm sending the opponent toward Nirvana with alegretto I hold 9 to get her to walk toward me. In the corner I hold 7 to get her to stay in the corner.

Edit: And I think an 8 way gate would make everything much, much worse.

8 way gate is bad imo.

Carl needs his corners on his joystick.

Usually if you're moving nirvana forward, it's going to be during your 5C and j.B anyway.

Since Allegretto requires moving back on the joystick, nirvana is going to step back really quick, but not much.

If she steps back you can fix it anyway. Move her forward during 5C, sj.B and slightly after allegretto but before clap.

IE: [D]5C[6] > sj[9].B > j.214C[9] > ]9D[

IE: [D]5C[6] > sj[9].B > j.214C[9] > ]9D[

Or: Don't do any of this > alegretto too far from Nirvana > watch opponent air tech into 8D anyway > lol

:kitty:

Ok just to clear things up some of the combo im trying to do

(Nirvana)(Carl)(Opponent) l corner

3C(22D summon)>IAD>j.2C>allecan>5C>j.B>allagretto(move nirvana forward underneath carl during the allagretto)>clap...etc

(the clap sumtimes comes out as anima because of the forward movement)

in the end it should be (Carl)(nirvana)(Opponent)

Are you pressing 6 to move Nirvana forward? If you're using 3 you shouldn't be getting anima.

Just do 3C > 22D > IAD j.2C > [9]j.B > [9]j.C > Clap.

Nirvana can walk forward the whole time that way.

Then IAD j.2C > j.C > 2D hits.

From there it's just j.2C > allegretto > clap loops, and nirvana is right there with you.

Yeah, in the corner use 7 or 9 in place of 8. If you try to do 8D in the corner right after allegretto, say 5C j.B j.Allegretto 8D, it'll most likely come out as anima instead.

If you want to move her forward then you'll have to do what zong said. Move her forward, with 9, during 5C and j.B. You can slightly move her forward during allegretto but not too much.

Also, whether you use 7 or 9 depends on how close nirvana is to the wall and what combo you want to do. In the corner after allegretto 8D, if you want to do the 2D loop you have to make sure nirvana's face isn't touching the wall or else 2D might whiff giving your opponent time to tech and escape. If you don't want her too close to the wall so that the 2D loop doesn't work, then you can use 7D to push her back a little bit.

If you're going for the j.2C allegretto loop only then it doesn't matter how close she is to the wall.

(I hope I didn't confuse you with the last paragraph)

yea i was pressing six,clap doesnt seem to be too much trouble anymore.

zong's combo seem to be a bit easier though, just need to practice it.

thx for the help much appreciated.

@ souji nope that paragraph makes perfect sense, but i wasnt trying to do corner combo's with 2D just yet,just claps, i was actually trying to do carl challenge # 10 on my ps3

I don't remember that tager lol.

I get bodied by online Tager all the time, I swear.

*goes to watch vids.*

EDIT-

Lol oh.

I was trolling for astral at the end and got fuoco.

:[

I remember that match lol.

(^_^)

I've been having trouble with my Volante reps. In j.2C > Allecan > 5C > Volante, when is the Volante inputted? I always either get a blue beat or a Fermata lol.

why don't people do j2C allecan 5C volante x N, instead of the 2D loop, doesn't it deal more damage?

I was going to write out all the details, but, basically, it costs too much Nirvana meter.

No one who goes for big damage does the 2D loop anyways. Also, besides the already mentioned meter hogging that the volanted x N does, anybody who goes for the high damage combos won't do volante x N because it starts putting the opponent too far out to add finishing hits such as sending the opponent back into 8D into a 2D rep and back into another 8D into a super which as a whole does a lot more damage than several volantes in a row (although after an unblockable setup I think you could get away with 3 volantes and still be able to send them back into an 8D). This is also why 4D is incorporated because it does more damage than volante and it allows for you to send the opponent back into an 8D.

No one who goes for big damage does the 2D loop anyways. Also, besides the already mentioned meter hogging that the volanted x N does, anybody who goes for the high damage combos won't do volante x N because it starts putting the opponent too far out to add finishing hits such as sending the opponent back into 8D into a 2D rep and back into another 8D into a super which as a whole does a lot more damage than several volantes in a row (although after an unblockable setup I think you could get away with 3 volantes and still be able to send them back into an 8D). This is also why 4D is incorporated because it does more damage than volante and it allows for you to send the opponent back into an 8D.

Mmmm.... I don´t think that 2d loop are useless. In fact they are like a corner stone for Carl.

With 2D loop you can do great BNB stuff, going for this almost with any hit, that can lead good dmg because you can add Fermata or Gear Super. Also they are ideal if the rival dosn´t have too much health left.

And they are very reliable, in comparition with other Carl combos, this are way more easy.

I really think if Carlo loose his j.C links it going to be a pretty bad char. No more big combo, no more jumploop, no more j2.C-J.B--J.C.... 6B unblockleable... etc.

Sad if this change stay, i was getting hype for Carl.