Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

Thats what I said/meant. My bad let me clarify: When I think of 2D loop i think of just doing 2D over and over again which is not efficient. The combos that I'm talking about involve 2D sure but throw in volante, and 4D as well and I no long call it the "2D Loop." Sorry for the confusion, its all semantics. =/

whats the optimal version of the 2D/4D/volante loop that allows for you to finish them with 8D.

right now i just do all 2D ( i get lucky to do it) or all volante 3 times.

Depends on the starter.

WATCH THOSE COMBO VIDEOS YOU JERK.

I posted them to you for a reason.

T.T

Something i just kinda stumbled on: small air-juggle -> 5C -> Fermata is a really mean tech trap.. As long as you're still close-ish to nirvana they can't tech forward neutral or back because they'll still eat it. and if they do tech and eat it you can combo off it. Idk if anyone else has tried much with this before. but it seems kinda mean. I s'pose late-teching would dodge it though. the training dummy doesn't do that tho.

tech > barrier will make them safe.

It's only a trap if it will break their primers. :P

Fermatta is air unblockable ;). Most people who know about it usually don't tech. During a 2D loop, you can do j.2C fermatta as well.

Arks said they would release the patch 6months after CS1 so that means january...... ?.? so why people start talkin about it being release is spring. The patch is clearly finished so wat would be the point in waitin till spring ?.?

Basically, Arcs wants to milk the Nesica thing for a while before releasing the patch. It was announced that Plat will be released in the Spring, so it's just assumed that that's when we'll get CS2.

We should enjoy CS1 Carl while we can though. CS2 Carl seems to be CS1 Rachel.

Man, it's so depressing.

The most creative character in the game reduced to a molested altar boy.

Still, at least now Carl wont lose half his health off a Bang 5A.

We won't have patch by january lol.

When has Arcsys ever done anything on time..

they just pushed back platinum 4 months, lol.

that's april.

Hey? that date is confirmed or something? or just a random idea?

which date? mine?

no, it's april for CS1 platinum iirc.

I'm just speculating, but I say july for CS2.

I'd put money on it. :kitty:

Nirvana will die long before you're able to sandwich anybody. That's what's worrying me the most.

This :psyduck: Did ark not take into account that we need nirvana for pressure too and if she's almost dead by the time we land a hit 1 little solo carl combo isn't going to do a thing?

Here are a few things that Carl can do now:

~Cantabile+22D>5Cor6B>hJB>J2C>volante>JB>JB>J2C>JC>volante hit & 22D>5C>JB>J2C>Brio(near corner)>5C>JB>J2C>JC - A way to carry your opponent towards the corner

~cantata>4D>backdash>(JC)>Avivace - also a way towards the corner

corner

5C>JB>JB>JC>3D>5C>cantabile>(JB>JC)>brio>3C&3Dhold&prepare forward jump - 緊急受け身見えたら3D離してジャンプしてJCと重ねてガー不 - if you see the emergency tech, release 3D, jump and use JC for unblockable

More to come soon

I've been reading and the main focus of carl mains right now in japan seems to be "getting the opponent into the corner for damage and resets"(his corner game is pretty strong from what people are saying). Generalnantoka posted a few combos that use very little of Nirvana's meter, enough for Carl to juggle the opponent into the corner. I can't wait to see more new Carl videos, there's still hope :D.

Basically his mid screen game looks to be like a zoning character.

That should be fine, because he's actually a really good zoner.

Then brio > corner > combo. (^_^)

:]