Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

No no no........ in alot vids i see 5b>2b>cantabile ?.? wtf

oh Because 5C pushes them too far away and the hit stun is just short enough so by the time the little puppet reaches them they can just block it. 5C_cantabile only works in the corner, but in that case it pushes carl farther away from the opponent and a pick up combo is probably harder to follow up with. personally i'd like to see them completely remove cantabile's "whiff if ur too close" option but i guess that would be too easy.

I had a "rock em, sock em robot" match the other night. The guy whiffed Cantabile for being too close on me 3 times in a row. I was like "lol, seriously?". Guess what I did the next time I used it.....

**Doh**

Isnt a bit too early for a tier list? if they realease a list that shit isnt going to be accurate at all.

There's no way they know their characters to their full potential. A lot of them have changed so drastically. Carl's high damage combos in CS1 didnt' really show up in videos until 5-6 months after the arcade release.

?.? then they must not kno.....

Hazama

He already got a 10K vid for cs2

Tsubaki

CH 5c>6c>J.c>J.236D>J.214D>236D>2cc>J.c>J.CC>J.214D>3c>DD. 5K in cs1 probably to much dmg in cs2

A-11 corner combo

236c>5c(x8)>214a>6a-cresent saber(x4)>6a>j.DD>J.2DD>J.DD>J.2DD> crescent saber 5k

Haku-men corner combo

-_- They already got combos doin 4-5K

Bang Corner combo

5b>2b>3c>Fire punch>5b>2b>Jb>J.2c>J.2c>J.Fire punch>2b>Asura

5-6k

Litchi corner combo

5b>2C>6D>Hatsu>last reach A >5a>5c>6c>genbu cancel 4>J.b>J.c>Jb>5b>2c>J.b>J.c>J.D>J.c>6C>6D 5-6K

Noel combo combo

3C>22b>22c>6c>4D>Bloom trigger>6c>22b>6D>sring raid>6c>5D>6b.D>5b.D>5c.D>Bloom trigger>DD 6-7K

Arakune Curse Combo

5b>5c>(5D)>Cbug>Ddug>C teleport>J.2a>(5c)>(5D)>Cbug>Dbug>6c>(5D)>6c follow up(5b)>Cbug>Dbug>J.6C>J.236C>(6D)>Dbug>DD>DD 8-9K

Carl corner combo

5b>5c>22D>cantabile>5c>J.b>J.2c>J.c>Brio>5c>J.b>J.2c>J.c>3D>J.b(Falling)>5b>5c>RoM>reset....... bla bla ect 5k & reset

& i dont feel like typin anymore

I suppose... i thought carl would be top tier cause idk if u noticed. But we gettin allot of new carl players within the last month. I assumed they were tier horring it up.... Like how carl had the clap loop but once he lost it.... bye bye 70% of Psn carl players. Cause no its rare to even see a carl on Psn

Akira-Shiro: I personally bump into a lot more Carl players than, say, Taokaka, Arakune, and Rachel when I play online. Even Litchi seems to be a pretty rare creature despite her tier ranking. That said, according to the online statistics, Carl is indeed the least played character -- last I checked, even wheelchair Rachel had about twice as many players.

So a funny thing happened the other day.

I was toying with anima in pressure and I did anima -> break -> green throw... and the opponent got a throw break reject. I'm wondering if this might be abusable.

I've seen Carls on youtube do that and they never get the throw reject. Your opponent was just mashing it. Someone who's calm probably won't get caught by that.

It works in training mode against the computer if you set it to break throws, pressure ending in 5C- A vivace-anima-meaty throw before pushback is over.

Computer breaks counter throws too, though it could still just be mashing. It techs out of the throw reject too actually. I just was testing this a few days ago.

EDIT: Arksys made a mashing computer.

Hey i bet the new tier list is gonna have Carl, Noel, Jin, Makoto, Hazama for high tier....... An the rest of the roster is most likely all Mid >.> from wat iv seen.

Opinions please ?.?

Hey i bet the new tier list is gonna have Carl, Noel, Jin, Makoto, Hazama for high tier....... An the rest of the roster is most likely all Mid >.> from wat iv seen.

Opinions please ?.?

Dude... the jap are considering Carl for S tier... How is that possible?? seriusly? Carl in CS2 is nothing compared to Cs1 Carl. And we lose kayku U_U

You're failing to see that CS1 Carl would probably be S tier in CS2. You have to understand that Carl is not the only character in the game with a damage nerf. He's like most everyone else in the sense that, when you're in midscreen your combos will do about 1.5K or 3.5K depending on what move you start with. What MAY make Carl better (there's no official list yet) than most of the cast is that Carl has better oki and mixup than most characters, thus those combos can turn into 8K worth of damage in no time. Carl's momentum is better in this game once he gets you sandwiched despite nirvana's lack of health.

That wat iv been sayin, but because of nirvanas Hp i wouldn't call him S-tier. CS1 nirvana Hp, with CS2 carl= God, sure over all Carl is the shit now, but hits due more dmg to nirvana & attacks cost more, On high lvl gamin the pros kno how get a couple of good hits in before carl can punish then. Making the best plan to beat Carl is to go for Nirvana, An it takes longer for her to reboot herself..... Soo callin him S-tier only applies if ur noobish.

Also we need to get a page showing all of Carls Changes in CS2,

Got 2nd place in a smaller out of state tourney. Lost to a Litchi. JB+C & Mix-ups xN FTL. Vids to come guys.

I few typical set-ups don't work on her. =(

- IAD, J.2.C, Alle~can, 2B, 3C doesn't beat on standing Litchi/Jin

- IAD, J.2C, Allee~can, B, C, 6]D[, J2.C, J.B, J.C, B, 6B, J.B, J.C, J.B, 5B, 2B(does not beat)/2]D[

Alternatives are:

- IAD, J.2.C, Alle~can, 2B, 6B, RC, 2B, 3C...

- IAD, J.2C, Allee~can, B, C, 6]D[, J2.C, J.B, J.C, B, 6B, J.B, J.C, J.B, 5B, Delay, 6B/2]D[

I am recording vids tonight. You guys will see my last dump of CS1.02 matches shortly. There's even an epic match between Zong-1 & I.