Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowpoke

[CS1] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

So... does Carl require a stupendous amount of execution or can he be played like... well like a character?

I ask because I play Hakumen and am KINDA thinking about picking up Carl, but I don't know where to start.

His high damage combos (5k and up) that involve volante AND 4D require stupid amounts of execution. But all of his 3K combos and lower don't. If you can do those then he'll make a for a fun secondary. How are you with Negative edging?

after the initial adjustment of controlling him i'd agree with you zoog, but at first i have to say it's gonna feel awkward as hell.

His high damage combos (5k and up) that involve volante AND 4D require stupid amounts of execution. But all of his 3K combos and lower don't. If you can do those then he'll make a for a fun secondary. How are you with Negative edging?

Negative Edging? Oh, I do it ALL THE TIME (accidentally)!

Yeah, I know a lot of his combos require extensive use of the D button. My issue is remembering to use the D button. I tend to use my characters sans gimmicks. I think THAT is going to be the biggest issue for me.

Its all about your mentality. When I first played Carl I saw nirvana as my main tool so it was no problem for me to use her often. But I've come across Carl players who try to use Carl solo-like and use nirvana as an afterthought. That is definitely the wrong way to play him.

I am recording vids tonight. You guys will see my last dump of CS1.02 matches shortly. There's even an epic match between Zong-1 & I.

I'm very afraid.

So i did something fun today~

near corner: Blah blah Blah Rhapsody of memories -> mix up reset blah blah Final hit launches -> NC O |Corner 5C Cantata, they tech, 8D into end of cantata, 2D j.2C allegretto late 8D for tech trap.

I felt so crafty....

[/self gratification]

Just kinda fun that u can get an easy UB reset that leads into a tech trap like that <3 needs like 80 heat at start but whatevs~

Wassup guys. I just did a forum search trying to find some frame data, but it pulled up a whole mess of unrelated threads.

Main question I have is what's j.A? Everything about it. Time until the active frames come out, when you can cancel it in into itself, how many you can do before jump cancelling on an airbone opponent(four? five?), that sort of thing.

Look at the top of page. You'll see a bunch of tabs: Home/Forums/Awards/...etc. Click the frame data tab. It'll take you there. I figured its best to tell you to go where you can get all the info you need. by the way. j.A has 5 frames of startup. Thus its very fast.

going out on a limb when i say this but i'd cal carl's j.a the most broken j.a in the game if only because it leads to unblockable set ups.

I agree, and I would add that he has the best Fatal Counter move in the game (j.B incase people were scratching their heads).

Look at the top of page. You'll see a bunch of tabs: Home/Forums/Awards/...etc. Click the frame data tab. It'll take you there. I figured its best to tell you to go where you can get all the info you need. by the way. j.A has 5 frames of startup. Thus its very fast.

Oh, so there is! I never noticed that. Crazy Sol Style forum colors, red on black. I'mma have to switch.

Thank you very much you two. Reason I ask is because, say i'm playing a character with an aerial reversal like Ragna. I was just kind of mulling over the idea of IB-ing(which detracts -10 from the block frames if I remember what a certain Carl player told me) the last j.A before the jump cancel for maximum window of opportunity and then DP out so I don't get clapped. Thinking stuff up.

So, negative edge IS different from just pressing.

When I do a 3C 22D IAD j.2C allecan the doll WILL crossup with me...however

3C 22]D[ IAD J.2C allecan will sucessfully sandwich!

Even If I input 22D Ultra early the doll will teleport with me lol :(

Also, challenge #9/10 iare kinda glitchy I guess. 9 wont accept IAD, I need to jump normally THEN dash.

10 wont register 214C after the J.2C, even when It clearly hits, I dont IAD J.2C like the demo tho.

Thats it

Hey i uploaded a vid..... but its not working right, on my computer(The saved file) it plays fine. After i uploaded it ?.? it acts up, anyone no why ?.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLYGt2rTRMw

I Moved thi spost to the video thread.

Good stuff Akiro!

Only input I should give is your OKI mix-up. The set-up is great, and once he escaped the first time: You should have not done the same thing, instead- you should have punished his orward roll (again).

Great match, THX

Congrats to Ivysour for winning the tourney. Dude you were sick connecting all the day Double clap + Fermmata XD.

Nice reset and volante combos.

Quick question. With Carl? what option select can you do in Cs1?

I always been wondering about that...

To be honest I don't think he has any Carl Specific OS. Just the BB general option selects (throwbreak/barrier, throwbreak/burst)

I jokingly consider Carl's kara-airdash an OS because I often either get the low mix-up or get an airthrow. lol

Hey, Ranrebo was one of the top 3 Carl in Japan, right?

Im not so sure if the same, because in the vid that i saw his nick is in japanese, but it look that guy played a lot GG back in the old time. He played Eddie.

People... I think that we were mistaken thinking that the Pink Carl is Ranrebo. I noticed that Ranrebo in japase is 乱レボ. He also use the same nick when he played Guilty Gear, he played a lot in the old GG Reload days with Eddie with that same nick. You can easily find some of his matches on Youtube.

Well the reason why I’m saying this is because I have a tourney were both, Ranrebo and the Pink Carl, play. Ranrebo was written as 乱レボ, very different from the pink Carl that was write like えーすけ.This pink Carl also play in A-cho at the same as Rarebo. It seem that Ranrebo use the original Carl colors.

Question_about_Carl.jpg

If I’m right, I think that we mistaken his name from too much time xD.

The pink Carl is Eesuke. In CS2, he uses the 4th DLC color (white with some red). He's always been one of the top Carls as far as I can remember.

Lost against the jin player again. Had a great match tho. Got down to the time out, I couldn't get the life lead b/c I only had 49 tension & the combo was depreciated already. Just (1) more tension point and the entire set was mine. lol