Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StrawberryGL

Ky vs. Dizzy

I know you asked for Dizzy players but I can give my impression as a Ky player. I think this match is hard for Dizzy, not unwinnable but a few things really mess with her! I feel like it's an uphill battle until she gets a knockdown (like a lot of the worse characters in Xrd)

• Good Grinder placements from Ky make summoning on the ground without YRC next to impossible for Dizzy. She has a hard time summoning in general against a Ky aware of her air options.
  • Without summons she must use her double airdash to play effectively around Ky's strong normals and has to pick her moves carefully.
  • Her reversal super is slow and easily baited by Ky's 6HS on okizeme, it's range leaves a lot to be desired as a reversal out of pressure.
  • D fish can be useful against Ky in neutral to combat his zoning.

I was thinking the same thing, she seems to struggle against Ky's strong buttons and DC seems to make her summoning *very* difficult. In terms of both approaching and summoning as well. 

It feels like, when trading, Ky comes up with the advantage in the end. Glad to get a second input on the matchup.

Mhm, I guess to clarify, Tension feels very important in this match. If Dizzy is at a meter disadvantage Ky will bully her all over the screen. Using YRC to summon, she gets to play more freely and can threaten Ky. Without Tension it feels like it's safest for her to jump and summon a bubble outside of DC Stun Edge range, then try to threaten Ky with it once it's out. Some other things I forgot to mention: Ice Spike YRC is pretty strong against Ky, since it comes up right at the midrange point Ky likes to be to play his spacing game. Also Stun Dipper is super useful against her summons since it will go under them. It's great if she's trying to end her blockstrings in 2D; if she summons the only thing that can beat stun dipper is Ice/Fire spike YRC.

50 minutes ago, StrawberryGL said:

Mhm, I guess to clarify, Tension feels very important in this match. If Dizzy is at a meter disadvantage Ky will bully her all over the screen. Using YRC to summon, she gets to play more freely and can threaten Ky. Without Tension it feels like it's safest for her to jump and summon a bubble outside of DC Stun Edge range, then try to threaten Ky with it once it's out.

This isn't necessarily the case; in my experience, 214D renders Stun Edge nigh useless without a grinder, and even at close- or mid-range, Ky has to use low-hitting moves to hit Dizzy herself, and she doesn't need YRC for it since it has the fastest startup of her 214 series. Tension is indeed more important for her in this matchup, especially up close, but she's not totally free without any.

54 minutes ago, StrawberryGL said:

Also Stun Dipper is super useful against her summons since it will go under them. It's great if she's trying to end her blockstrings in 2D; if she summons the only thing that can beat stun dipper is Ice/Fire spike YRC.

236HS doesn't even need YRC to beat it.

4 hours ago, redsilversnake said:

This isn't necessarily the case; in my experience, 214D renders Stun Edge nigh useless without a grinder, and even at close- or mid-range, Ky has to use low-hitting moves to hit Dizzy herself, and she doesn't need YRC for it since it has the fastest startup of her 214 series. Tension is indeed more important for her in this matchup, especially up close, but she's not totally free without any.

Stun Edge itself is definitely less useful than DC SE in this matchup in my opinion. It helps a lot when you set a Grinder and can immediately punish her for for trying to summon anything on the ground.  I haven't played against a Dizzy that likes to use 214D yet, but it doesn't start up fast enough to counter Split Ciel > Stun Edge, or j.D > Stun Edge, (but it'll still start up in time to take the hit) and will put her 214 series in cooldown while Ky can keep laying down grinders. I'll look out for it and also try it out against Ky players with Dizzy and see how it works. I didn't mean to imply she's totally free without meter, just that Ky holds the cards in neutral.

4 hours ago, redsilversnake said:

236HS doesn't even need YRC to beat it.

Aaa you're right actually, Stun Dipper only beats 236HS if you IB 2D at close range, which is pretty specific.

Yeah, with a grinder out, her only real options are jump or block, so depending on 214D isn't a good idea, but since Ky does indeed have the advantage in neutral, being able to shut down some of his long-range game, even if just sometimes, can help.