Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

General Johnny Questions

I don't know what this combo is about, but you could still do a manual JI on the KJT which is the same as its follow-up. Auto-JI only means the move will have JI properties without you manually input a JI command. Hence, a non-auto-JIed move CAN be JIed, only you'll have to do it by yourself and put a little more effort into it. If it is during a combo, easy, do a JI as usual, for instance : K [8], HS, 421S~S FRC, Airdash If it is outside a combo : 427S~S FRC Airdash Depending of your KJT (the 427S part) input and timing, you could get a Super Jump Install (only AD is possible after) or a normal JI (JC or AD). It can be done in many ways, try to find which one you do the best according to your timing and execution : 42147S, 421478S etc. Hope not to be too confusing.

Thanks Newjack ! I meant I can't watch online video nor download CM and vids since I use a comp at work with restricted access. That sucks, yeah, but at least Dustloop is not forbidden. Anyway, I'll try to watch it at a friend's tomorrow.

I just want to try Johnny combo from "Finale-Side E-" 1:53-finish but after see this post i don't have desire to try:vbang:

Yes you can. It goes like this on the console version, against CH :

K, c.S [8], HS, 421S~S FRC falling j.S, JC, dj.S, dj.H, 214S FRC, falling dj.H, dj.D, Ens, land, MF-K(2), dash, 6H, 632146H

You can do the JI (meaning tap up) between the K > c.S or between the c.S > HS.

That combo you be the very same on arcade except you don't have to tap up during one of the two aforementioned gatlings.

Note that the guard gauge was not neutral, a little built up. It may be wrong since that Youtube video quality can be confusing but I'm pretty sure it was, comparing both CH's guard gauge and JO's.

Hey. I was playing #R online against a Jam and my Mist Finer got blocked when Jam was misted.. and I mean Jam was misted for awhile and was still misted for a good bit after it was blocked. I thought this was only a AC problem? or does Jam have some sort of MAGIC? Just out of silly curiousity.

Unblockables randomly become unblockable in all of johnny's incarnations. It usually happens when the enemy FDs in the air, but sometimes happens for what seems to be no reason whatsoever.

question! how does one land coin into combo after mid-screen upper finer stuff? eg setup. 5k,2d,msjh, 2p,hs, upper finer.... do i have to throw the coin at the earliest time possible THEN dash jump to connect the j.k into generic boring looking air combo? and, is there a set up that warrant re-coin upon one-hit on ABA? THANKS,

HMF2, coin, j.K is hella dependent on positioning. I'm not sure I understand your ABA question. Are you asking if there is a combo that re-coins into a 1-hit, or are you asking if it's worth doing 1-hit into re-coin? Either way, if she's in moroha mode, you want the knock down, almost always.

thanks for the prompt reply, Basically, i was wondering if i do k,s,d,e on aba for one-hit, is there a way to coin her after it? perhaps its more of a timed issue but i cant seem to coin her (eg. enkasu, 2p/5k/5hs/2d/2s xxcoin) at all after one-hit if this setup doesnt allow it to occur are there one-hit setups that allows one-hit into coin? regarding the upper loop into recoin stuff. what kinda criteria should i keep in mind if i want to land the recoin xx air combo? for one, i guess its a mid-screen only kinda thing rit? thanks,

JOFan, your 1-hit setup is fine (you can also do j.PSDE if you wish), you just have to walk forward a little before doing the OTG hit > coin. If I recall correctly, you hit her after she "bounces" on the floor whereas for others chars, you have to time it so that both the OTG hit and the ground touch your opponent at the same time.

Bwaaaa....help! I've pretty much mastered Johnnys KJ FRC(only after KJT though) but I don't find it usefull actually. At first I thought it helped me recover faster AFTER I landed from the KJT > KJ... As it turns out it only recover's my mid air animation, but the momentum of the KJT doesnt give me much options after the FRC, I try to attack or something but Johnny just keeps going in that arc and I totally whiff! I can keep the combo up if I do the air version of KJ FRC.... Anyway, any suggestions?

JOFan, your 1-hit setup is fine (you can also do j.PSDE if you wish), you just have to walk forward a little before doing the OTG hit > coin.

If I recall correctly, you hit her after she "bounces" on the floor whereas for others chars, you have to time it so that both the OTG hit and the ground touch your opponent at the same time.

Yeah ABA is whacky. One of my 1-hit setups...

6k, MC, 6k, MC, SJ sj.s,sj.hs, killer joker frc, j.k, jc jp jk js jd ensenga 1 hit, land, 6k coin for recoin lol...

mitsu: thanks for the tip, i'll try that out asap! honnou: lo am i reading this rit!? 2 6k in rit off the bat! looks like an interesting combo for me to try! ryuK: u can use the kjtfrc the same way u use dbfrc... during pressure strings k(8), hs, kjtxxkj frc j.hs, into either high, low, throw if u time ur j.hs early!, or mix up the timing with double jump or even an iad if u are feeling gutsy it can also be used sparingly as instant air grab from across the screen... :D hmm i dont think we have an advanced oki section for jo yet...what kinda funky cross-up/fuzzy guard stuff can be done after the throw xx knockdown combo? also, have u guys seen kenmasterx vs koogy vid in the SER2 thread under guilty pleasure? how did the slayer get hit by those jump slash on wake up? is it because its a cross-up?

hmm i dont think we have an advanced oki section for jo yet...what kinda funky cross-up/fuzzy guard stuff can be done after the throw xx knockdown combo?

You can do for exemple :

Throw > 9S > jHS > KJ FRC > jHS > DB > Land Okizeme :> IAD > jS Cross-up or not, depend what you want > Pressing or Combo

Yeah, j.S is a cross-up. Here's a decent midscreen cross-up setup: 5k > 2D > MC > dash-jump* > j.S > land > PARTY TIME * - This is like the dash-jump 1-hit throw combos. This setup is kinda distance specific, but the idea is that depending on how early you cancel your dash into a jump, and the angle of your jump, you'll hit behind them. Suffice it to say, it's a fairly good jump-in against a rising opponent.

Yeah, timed right, that is not DP-able as well.

Ok....so I can finally MC....but only in training mode, not in a real battle. Also I can only MC maybe one or two attacks(I'm not so good at it). I was just wondering if it's ok to replace MC with just throwing a coin? I don't mean all the time...just a little more than I MC.

I do that just because I play very aggressively. Well.. technically you're not replacing the MC... They serve two different purposes. A coi often serves as safe, shielded way to continue pressure and gain ground. MCs on the other hand, while usable to continue pressure and gaining ground (just not quite as safe!), have many other uses that a coin that properly replicate. You can do it, though. Though I'd suggest not doing that as soon as possible.

Just don't get *too* coin happy. If they think you're going to throw a coin, some characters can toss in a low attack after you end your string, but before the coin, and then go right under it and punish you. Like, obviously, Stun Dipper or May's 3K. If you're having trouble MCing in a real match, try slowing your game down and focusing, just think and don't let the fast-paced action get you too riled up.

Oh crap. Thanks for the warning! But yeah...this MC stuff is really hard to pull off in a match. I've been able to MC 6HS though...I think it's the easiest one to pull off. Thanks for the advice!

It makes Jonny's mist attacks(Mist Finer High/Mid/Low) unblockable. Try search next time.

Ok, so I found this awesome combo in a vid. It's 5k > 5hs > lvl2 Mist finer(low)RC, jump, j.k, j.d, Ensenga. It does about 163 damage. Is this a pretty good combo? I'm trying to master it and I wanna know if it's owrth mastering.

Nah, it is a waste of Tension and it could easily deal more damage by simply using a Jump Cancel. After a level 2 MF-S (the low one), your opponent is sent flying toward you, allowing to combo them without the need of RC (or FRC, since level 2 Mist Finers all have all FRC point). Depending on your spacing and on your opponent, you can either juggle him with : - c.S > JC > aircombo (see below for examples) or - jump right after the MF connects and land the aircombo. This is a basic tensionless combo you have to learn and master. Don't try the others unless you master this one. Try this on Dizzy, since she is a lightweight (no c.S needed) and has a huge hitbox. Easy to combo. 5K, 5H, 236S (lv2), jump backward (7 direction), j.K, j.S, JC, dj.K, dj.S, dj.D, Ensenga. Once you master this one, you can go for one with 25% Tension : 5K, 5H, 236S (lv2), jump backward (7 direction), j.K, j.S, JC, dj.S, dj.H, KJ FRC, falling dj.S, JC, tj.K, tj.S, tj.D, Ensenga. You'll see with experience that these combos are theory, in actua matches, you'll have to cahnge them more or less. You'll have to adapt according to your opponent, your distance, the height from which you hit them and other reasons. Another staple one, 25% Tension too : 5K, 5H, 236S (lv2), jump backward (7 direction), j.K, j.S, JC, dj.K, KJ FRC, falling dj.S, JC, tj.K, tj.S, tj.D, Ensenga. Use this one if you notice during the beggining of your aircombo that your opponent is too low. The ones including KJ FRC > Airdash or KJ FRC > dj.H > DB will come after. Be sure to check the "AC Combo Guide" if you have another combo related question. It may have been already covered. ;)